It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malala Yousafzai, child saint, gunned down at age 14 but not killed!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
There is another thread about the attack on this girl (I searched the term Yousafzai and only found 3 hits, one irrelevant and one a mention in my other post) but it focuses more on the Taliban's demand for "unbiased" coverage on the news, of what happened.

Honestly, I don't know how anyone can justify killing a little girl for wanting to improve herself. For wanting to read books. For wanting to learn mathematics! For wanting to exercise her rights!

The time has come for the backward and vicious culture of repression of the female to end. I mean that not only toward the worst offenders (those still practicing female genital mutilation) but toward those in my own country who think a woman "should know her place".

Listen, humanity will not get any farther while it is still divided. Get it?

The cowards who shot this CHILD will receive their just compensation. I really feel for the jerks who teach them that to do such things is good, because their hell will be the hottest.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a religious fundamentalist who believes in an actual place of eternal torment. But I do believe that we as humans can commit crimes that will put us beyond forgiving ourselves for a long, long time. And when you have it revealed to you that you yourself chose to snuff joy out of your own life... well, let's just say I speak from experience when it comes to "hot hell".

I ask my Creator that I may someday possess the courage that this young woman has. Listen to her!

Revoke your consent! Call this crime for what it is: a cowardly act by cowards cowering before a coward of a god! Their Allah is not the same Allah of my friend from high school who lived in my home for six months. Their Allah is an IMPOSTOR and is now EXPOSED before the world!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I just hope her injuries don't include loss of eye sight in her right eye and a withered right arm.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
When the Taliban decided to tell this girl "Be like us or else!", they weren't expecting her to choose the "or else", which is Inshallah, right? Or rather, that the "or else" would be chosen by God to be something different than their violent monkey minds wanted. They're waiting to kill her if she survives. Such blind cowardly benighted sycophantic thralls, they don't even acknowledge the power of the one true god to save her from their vindictive bullet.

CX

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
I just hope her injuries don't include loss of eye sight in her right eye and a withered right arm.

To be honest, i'm not sure that would hinder a girl like this.

CX.
edit on 18/10/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by seamus
Listen, humanity will not get any farther while it is still divided. Get it?

Got it!

But,

What are you proposing? Hear me out first. I've read your post. I am in no way, shape or form condoning their actions. I find it completely offensive to humanity. However, I have no issues if they and their families choose to live in this manner. I really don't. People should have a right to live how they please. Make no mistake though, I have massive issues with their activities you have outlined.

It's the Taliban forcing of their will on others who do not want what they are offering that get's my blood boiling. Having said that. Again, What are you proposing here? Because if it's what I think it is then we would be no better than they are by forcing our will on them simply because we believe it to be the better way of life [Which it may very well be] but still what right do we have to force them?

Revoke your consent!

I think the vast majority already have.
The Taliban aren't winning any Humanitarian awards. They are however popular among some here for various reasons.

Call this crime for what it is: a cowardly act by cowards cowering before a coward of a god! Their Allah is not the same Allah of my friend from high school who lived in my home for six months. Their Allah is an IMPOSTOR and is now EXPOSED before the world!

You had me in agreement right up to this point. No, I'm not Muslim. I have read to Qur'an several times though so as to have some understanding while in discussions on certain related topics. You see to them [Whether you agree to or believe it ] to them their version of Allah is the correct one. Now taking any overt actions against them on that grounds alone is borderline "Religious Persecution". Then who's next? What's the next belief or way of life that may not fit and has to be dealt with?

Slipper slope my friend

Slippery slope

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by seamus

Revoke your consent!

If I was indirectly consenting to crimes against girls by my previous silence, I now revoke that consent.
I do not condone political murder even if it hides behind religion. That is an insult to everyone who believes in God.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by seamus

Their Allah is not the same Allah of my friend from high school who lived in my home for six months. Their Allah is an IMPOSTOR and is now EXPOSED before the world!

Their Allah is Satan. Steal, kill and destroy. Now go read Sharia law.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I am a bit more skeptical about this girl and the whole story.
About her 'past' interview with the oh so credible CNN (sarcasm), I would like to say that she does not
strike me as having been kept from schooling at all and is quite fluent in English. How did she learn this?
Is she going to turn out to be a diplomat's daughter?

Surely this is propaganda. I posted on another thread about her head injury that appears in this story to have migrated to somewhere between her neck and shoulders.

Before, there was a small bandage on her left forehead area. Hmmm. I told about my what my niece who is a nurse informed me as her son suffered a traumatic head injury from skateboarding, much less a gunshot to the alleged head in the previous version.
But, she is not on a ventilator as she would have been following the surgery. She does not have any swelling and discoloration nor bleeding and draining from the wound as head wounds tend to be associated with a lot of fluid.

Problem solved I suppose to now say the wound was on her neck and shoulders!

articles.nydailynews.com...
edit on 18-10-2012 by PaperbackWriter because: change wording

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It is a slippery slope, but I draw the line at forcing others to believe the same way you do. Fanatical sectarianism is a virulent mental illness that needs to be cured. It can be cured (I am living proof of that), and people who are afflicted with it are not in control of their faculties. Fear has crippled their reasoning.

My rule in life: do to others as you would have done to you, because as you give, you will receive. It's like gravity...

Being nice costs almost nothing and has many benefits. Being a controlling prick might seem to have benefits until you look back on your life and realize you haven't connected with anyone who you thought meant something to you.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by seamus

Revoke your consent!

If I was indirectly consenting to crimes against girls by my previous silence, I now revoke that consent.
I do not condone political murder even if it hides behind religion. That is an insult to everyone who believes in God.
You don't even have to verbally or publicly in any way give notice of revocation of consent. It's between you and the Creator. As you are shown protection, your courage increases.

new topics

top topics

join