It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be careful where you eat!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

Oh stop it. I'll get a huge hero complex. No tell me more. Lmao. You are just to sweet. Coming from one such as yourself that has been here awhile this is quite the compliment. I will be giving more examples in the near future, have to pace myself though. Take care.

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by YAHUWAH SAVES

Wow! Glad you enjoy it. Thanks for all the useful information you have passed along. Perhaps, you should start your own thread with what you posted here. Very well done and obviously a lot of thought went in to it. Take care.

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I developed OCD after working at resturants when I was 18-20.
Not kidding.

I ended up quitting shortly after watching the cook throw some raw fish on the grill with his bare hands and quickly wipe on his apron.
He then turned around and made a sandwich.
I called him on it and his said "after a while, you just don't care anymore."
He was a sincere and nice guy, at least.

At the end of the night, things were cleaned up fine, but when the cooks start not washing their hands, then all that work is undone.

I went on to work at KFC, which although fairly clean, the sandwich maker wouldn't wash her hands, even after I frequently asked her to, after touching frozen burgers, etc.
And one time I went into the bathroom, there was a big smear of the worst smelling poop on the toilet seat. I went back out to the resturant where the lady who was BAGGING EVERY MEAL sniffed her hands and said "why do my hands smell like sh*t?".... I followed her around all night with the sanitizer until she washed her hands.

Yet still, I eat at those places.... what I haven't seen hasn't killed me yet.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I am pretty sure this sums up every restaurant. Just because any of you frequent it doesn't make it special

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by smilesmcgee

What really cracks me up is every company has this glove policy, so people put them on and think they are sanitary as long as they are wearing them. Hello? What happens the first moment they put them on? They touch something on their person..... clothes, hair, face and then go about their business. Whenever I was the boss, I insisted on all employees washing hands as often as possible with the hottest water possible and rinse thoroughly before you put on gloves, then if you contaminate the gloves wash your hand with them on, the same way. Unless, what you contaminated them with is not washable. Whether or not you handle food, everything you touch has germs on it everywhere in a restaurant and home or public places. Think about this, when you go to the bathroom what do you do first? Go the bathroom right? Then after you go what do you touch? The faucet right? Then after you wash what do you touch? The faucet again to turn it off. So you just contaminated your hands again, then you got paper towels then you opened the door, then you sat at a table if you were a customer, then you touched every thing at that table, etc. If you were a server or a cook you contaminated everything you touched, it is an endless cycle of germs and this is why people get sick. Fortunately, the body has dealt with most of the germs and built a resistance for most, this is why younger children and older adults would be affected the most, their immune systems are weakened or they have not built up the resistance needed to fight those germs. This applies to food born illnesses, also. For the record, I wash my hands before I go to the bathroom and after, then I use the paper towel to turn off the faucet, then if needed I use the paper towel to open the door. I never handle any doors with my hands, I always find a way to not touch it. I don't use silverware at restaurants, I use plastic ware. I ask for plastic cups. I don't get any fruits in my drinks, always on the side if I want them, not only at restaurants but bars too. I will make another post soon detailing my OCD if that is what you want to call it. I call it being careful. The fact is, it works for me, I don't get sick often, unless I let my guard down at a restaurant and trust them to not serve me spoiled food.

Thanks for the reply and take care.

Sincerely,

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I too have worked in many chains like these, and also in other traditional restaurants. You would not believe the amount of times I have been propositioned by customers and people I meet outside of work wanting me to spike certain other people’s food with bad stuff. Usually this type of job is badly paid. So yes, I have taken the people up on their offer. They basically pay me to put # in your food. I am guessing someone has pissed someone else off, or something. I don’t like harming other people and don’t like having to do it. But they pay me a lot of money, more than a month’s wage. I am assured that it won’t kill anyone. The things they give me to put in the food are like bags of white goo, called helcobacter? or powder that is unknown and some other stuff that sounded like mercury but it had a longer name. The people I spiked with this # came in week after week and I didn’t notice them dropping down dead or anything. I don’t ask any questions I just do it for cash because I have a family that also needs to live, but the wages I get are simply not enough. This is something all my friends at work also know about because they too have been propositioned it’s an easy way to make extra money. I have also done nasty things to customers that i don’t like but everyone does that, it’s just human nature to get your revenge.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ascension211
McDonald's, Wendy's, Steak N Shake, Pizza Hut, Domino's, Bennigan's, Papa John's, Golden Corral, Red Lobster, Baskin Robbins, Dunkin Donuts, Chick Fil A, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Long John Silvers and etc.

Sentient adults who willingly eat from these places on any regular basis deserve the physiological implications shovelling such refuse into one's body entails.

After all, the mind and body are symbiotic. So, if one's brain is so broken as to souse its very own sustaining mechanism in something that patently damages it, a squirt of piss should not be given.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Sablicious

Everyone deserves integrity in services they spend their hard earned money on. It is not just the restaurants you have to concern yourself with as being honest and forthcoming is it? The type of establishment does not matter, it is the transfer of money for goods or services, do you think the grocery store's where you buy your food are any better than any of the restaurants I mentioned? What about your electric company? Your bank? Your police department? Your govt? etc. They all have a responsibility to be honest, yet this is symptomatic of our society, hypocrisy. It's acceptable to do certain things to others, but unacceptable for them to be done to you. Treat others the way you want to be treated. Take care.

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by xxxvxxxv

You're right I would not believe that. I have never been approached by a customer asking me to do something to someone else. I do not think that would happen as much as you claim. However, it doesn't mean that they cannot do something to contaminate something, willingly or not. It is not hard to do. But to think they would walk up to an employee and request this seems rather implausible to me. Any employee that has done these things felt justified for their actions, either the customer did something to tick them off or their bosses did or another employee did something to them and it is payback. Whatever, those reasons are, it is still not acceptable. Companies that train employees one way and behave a different way in reality is an entirely different matter, but it is all hypocrisy. Thanks for the reply and take care.

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxxvxxxv
I too have worked in many chains like these, and also in other traditional restaurants. You would not believe the amount of times I have been propositioned by customers and people I meet outside of work wanting me to spike certain other people’s food with bad stuff. Usually this type of job is badly paid. So yes, I have taken the people up on their offer. They basically pay me to put # in your food. I am guessing someone has pissed someone else off, or something. I don’t like harming other people and don’t like having to do it. But they pay me a lot of money, more than a month’s wage. I am assured that it won’t kill anyone. The things they give me to put in the food are like bags of white goo, called helcobacter? or powder that is unknown and some other stuff that sounded like mercury but it had a longer name. The people I spiked with this # came in week after week and I didn’t notice them dropping down dead or anything. I don’t ask any questions I just do it for cash because I have a family that also needs to live, but the wages I get are simply not enough. This is something all my friends at work also know about because they too have been propositioned it’s an easy way to make extra money. I have also done nasty things to customers that i don’t like but everyone does that, it’s just human nature to get your revenge.

ugh.. I accidentally starred this post..instead of hitting reply.

Quite honestly I hope authorities track you down for this post...and nail your butt to the wall, along with all your fellow workers who do something so despicable for money.

What you did was serious criminal behavior, and no amount of money justifies it. I seriously hope you get what you deserve.

edit on 20-10-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

Don't worry I absolve you, sweety, and I too hope the authorities get his butt. If not, Karma will.

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ascension211

Nothing but respect for you my friend.

With that being said, I got a story to tell where I am one of the jerks you talk about, only in my young mind it was justified. Ok, It was my first job ever. So I got a job with Togo's Eatery. I was a sandwich maker, and man would we get a lunch rush because of all the business parks in the area. Most of the customers were kind, but there were always a few jerks every single day that really came in and went out of their way to be an asshole while ordering.

So me and buddies came up with an idea, well I must admit that it was mine, but anyway I will get to the point. We created what we called an asshole knife for making sandwiches. We each had one. What we would do is rub it under the moldy coke machine, dip it into a toilet full of piss and finally we would stick it down into the trash and stir it around a bit. We would keep them under our cutting boards for the few prize winners of the day.

Take note: Don't be rude to people who are making your sandwich. Now I know I sound like a jerk, but this was the only time I ever did anything like that and I worked in many places in the food industry. I too, have seen even worse than you have discussed. Anyway, I was young, dumb and mad at the world which is no excuse, but atleast I never did it again after that nightmare of a job.

Also, They rarely would clean the slicer which would be caked with fat from cutting the Pastrami. I however would clean it very good after I sliced anything. So, it was more about people who asked for it with me, and yeah some people do ask for it, and they deserve what they get. ~$heopleNation

edit on 24-10-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Well. I appreciate your respect, but I have to say I am a bit disturbed by your behavior. I have only turned my back on such behavior once and I still feel guilt about it, 12 years later. I didn't condone it then and I will not condone it ever. There is a right way and a very definite wrong way to handle such matters.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join