It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billy Graham site removes Mormon 'cult' reference after Romney meeting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
This has me really steamed. These christians are always crying about how they're SO much more moral and principled than everyone else in the universe, and then they change their whole organization's stance just so they can get a tax cut?! What a bunch of fake, lying, bastards.

religion.blogs.cnn.com...

(CNN) - Shortly after Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney enjoyed cookies and soft drinks with the Rev. Billy Graham and his son Franklin Graham on Thursday at the elder Graham's mountaintop retreat, a reference to Mormonism as a cult was scrubbed from the website of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Maybe Mr. Graham used the cookies and soda to trick Romney into converting without his knowledge and is removing "Mormonism" from the site to strike a balance?

Whatever his justifications are (not the "avoiding debate" explanation), I'm pretty sure he's going to lose a significant portion of his congregation for this. Mainstream Christians are pretty solid about Mormons not being cut from the same cloth.

Think about it: Muslims are a Jewish doctrine with an added prophet who altered it. Mormons are a Christian doctrine with an added prophet who altered it. Basically, Mormons are to Christians as Muslims are to Jews. They are four different religions.

Of course, I'll never tell anybody they aren't who they say they are; If you call yourself a Jedi, you are a Jedi to me.

new topics

join