It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's stop spending money and paying taxes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by truthermantwo

What would happen if everyone stopped paying money to these corrupt corporations and stopped paying taxes to our corrupt war loving governments. They would probably institute martial law. Force people into prison camps. And make an even more corrupt version of a country.

LoL... so you make this suggestion, and then immediately turn around and say it would be horrible?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I starred and flagged this, for the principle, but not the way various views go from one side to the other, from everyone wants luxury or entitlement to it could be done caring/sharing way.

Well without services and equality, not at all is the answer. Only young bucks, or well off bucks, ever want a heartless dog eat dog system, and usually they're usually just being selfish.

I want the Venus Project, but grass roots councils of citizens run, no PTB, no royalty, no banks, no hidden power structures. And better architecture, because I don't like his sci fi ones, but prefer cob homes, and eco farms.

I really don't know how far it has to go, before things change, but, the most important step isn't going for a goal like this.

It's having a strong community awareness council that includes all, especially the poor, homeless, disabled, shutins, teens, students, EVERYONE, inclusive, equalizing, educating, with our own media, not judging anyone, but learning and listening to all. And problem solving.

Because they run monopolies on the businesses and business startups and control with many local regulation what you can do with your property. Some of this has to change for some real grass roots free enterprise.

They control and run monopolies on all the media. Grass roots media, radio station and news papers/letters needs to be run everywhere, paid for by an advertising section of local ethical businesses, and should be amongst the first real businesses to start.

Unless this is about equality, and getting everyone out from under slavery, but also ensuring that all people are well off, abundant without slavery,

And thats the problem, too many undisclosed goals. I wouldn't lift a finger or stand up for the freedom of the dog eat doggers who don't support equality but just want to be selfish and off the hook.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide Guess what? Stop buying a product for a few days and let them see what the market will really bear, and they will adjust their profit margins to accommodate demand and consumer tolerance.

This would work if you had a viable alternative to the product being used. Stop buying gasoline, what are you going to use instead? Boycott gas stations, they know you will need to fuel up sometime and they can wait longer than you.

If 50% of the people started to bicycle or make their own alcohol to run their car on the gas companies would just cut production in half and double the price and still make the same profit.
If 100% of the people did this then and only then would the gas companies would drop their prices.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

They won't let it. Look what they did to the liberty dollar.
However if stores started accepting rubles, pesos, any currancy but dollars it might send a message.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

No hidden power structure? Better architecture? It looked strikingly similar to what we have now! For someone who claims to want all sorts of grassroots freedom, you sure do have a lot of structure already in place before even allowing anyone to come up with better ideas - or better yet, being allowed to live as they see fit. Education already set up and ready to go, eh? Ready for the programming to begin! Not only that, you're talking about paying for stuff through advertizing? Grassroots media for sale, eh? Great plan. Very original.

Get rid of the slavery and DON'T erect another system that is precisely the same thing but with "Grassroots" labels.

I can't even believe you spent time to write such a bunch of conformist drivel and that I actually wasted seconds of my life giving it the benefit of the doubt by reading it.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthermantwo
What would happen if everyone stopped paying money to these corrupt corporations and stopped paying taxes to our corrupt war loving governments.

They would probably institute martial law. Force people into prison camps. And make an even more corrupt version of a country.

I agree. They would use haarp on us also. Sonic weapons and bio warfare. If we did stop paying taxes and working be prepared for the sthtf.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teeky

Originally posted by truthermantwo
What would happen if everyone stopped paying money to these corrupt corporations and stopped paying taxes to our corrupt war loving governments.

They would probably institute martial law. Force people into prison camps. And make an even more corrupt version of a country.

I agree. They would use haarp on us also. Sonic weapons and bio warfare. If we did stop paying taxes and working be prepared for the sthtf.

Your assimilation is complete.

How does it feel to have no soul?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

lol, yes I have a soul. I was merely stating that our overseers would do harm to us if we stood up against them. It's not going to be pretty. If you recall Martin Luther king and the bus boycotts, the law enforcement turned dogs on the protesters, water hosed them, and beat them. All because they choose not to participate and spend money. But the sacrifice paid off and the boycott yeilded the results they were looking for. It won't be easy, some will get hurt even die, but it's worth the fight.

Most Americans aren't ready for the violence and too brainwashed to boycott.
edit on 22-10-2012 by Teeky because: word

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

I am not talking about stocking up and then engaging in a war of attrition. I am talking about literally turning their profit machine off. Nobody shops, nobody goes to work, nobody spends a penny. A total strike against the handful of people who control it all.

Put them in a stranglehold that tight? It would only take two or three days for the vampires to come begging for a ration of blood. They'd be desperate and willing to try and negotiate. They would beg us to give them terms.

See... it's not about the money or even the power ( though they both factor in to be sure )... It's about the control. They feed on control. Take that away? And they will Jones for it.

~Heff

<< 1   >>

join