It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The moment where you realize you could have died.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Combat,
Artillery and mortar fire,
Convoy ambush,
Almost fell from a drilling derrick.
The last one scared me the most.
That drill floor was along way down.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
when reading your post, it is proven to me that the reason you did not switch on switch was because you were working slowly that day for some reason and maybe something was trying to help/save you. Or maybe you work slowly all the time???

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
Combat,
Artillery and mortar fire,
Convoy ambush,
Almost fell from a drilling derrick.
The last one scared me the most.
That drill floor was along way down.

I too almost fell from the derrick. I didn't put my belt on and ended up with my feet on the diving board and my hands on the dead line. Took me a long time to quit shaking so I could swing over to the dead line. My butt was so tight I couldn't take a dump for days. The time space continuum (sp?) distorted some also.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
This has happened to me. I had a very big drug problem not too long ago, and ended up in the hospital 3 or 4 times because of it. I also used to drive completely under the influence, and have also driven WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE, due to being extremely high. It didn't hit me until I was off the drugs, that I could have died any of those times. I still think about it often, and in a way it has helped me look at the world in a different way.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Getting ready to recover a helicopter on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier. The last plane in, an F/A-18 had a 1,000 bomb break loose when it hooked the arresting cable. The bomb came skipping down the flight deck about 15 feet away from me. I could see the propeller that arms it spinning right along. It finally went off the angle deck without exploding.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join