It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you get from ATS?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ml5edT0death

You get banned. Lots get banned.There should be forum only open to individuals banned by ATS and called the ATS Banned Honour Roll conspiracy site.

There are already a few like that.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Sometimes I get hemorrhoids!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Good question
, for me, most of the reasons for coming here have already been said, and for me, there are many reasons. I'm always blown away by some of the intelligent posts you see, including this thread. It can be scary to post sometimes, when you know of the intelligence your with, surrounded by and sometimes up against..... for me anyway.

But this is big reason for coming here too, the learning of knowledge on subjects I like... with the option to add.

I'm a new member but I've been reading for years so another example of why I come to ATS is the odd moment when something big happens, that drama moment. I would say ATS has experienced some big moments, only on ATS could you have the opportunity to discuss matters with a famous pop star or mass murderer.

There are so many reasons and I agree with most that have already been said.

S&F

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
To be honest, I mostly come here for entertainment. I love Halloween and I was guided to this site when I was searching for real ghost pictures, hauntings etc. I saw all the different forums and went in for a look. The one thing I will say about a lot of the members here is they are very creative. They can make the most outlandish conspiracy theory seem not only plausible, but actually possible. That leads to widely different opinions that are fun to read.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
Sometimes I get hemorrhoids!

Well the Site survives on Audience participation so that figures

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Insulted on a daily basis for having an opinion on any given subject.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

When I first started lurking here I found unique, informative discussions participated in by people from all walks of life who had one thing in common- a thirst for the truth.

Yes, you can pretty much ask any question, and get an answer to it. It's a comforting thought, knowing that the truth (subjectively) is only a question away.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Ah, don't we all Neo, don't we all.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
This - ATS - just has to be the best, most varied eye opener for all. Everything returns a reason to either think again, or maybe drift off and try to dig deeper. I'm 66 years of age, greatest interest is Yesteryear, But I care about today and then oncming years our Grand children have the right to enjoy. So thank you to each and every writer. ATS must be forever available until the end of time.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Ah, neo, but you are one of our most opinionated members!

(BTW, I happen to enjoy reading your comments.)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by steaming

Very well said.

We are sort of building a repository for the kids, and grandkids, and future generations.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

As a screenwriter; this place is a gold mine.

I have no less than 25 treatments for scripts from ideas bandied about on ATS.

Some of the most creative thinkers on the planet are here and most of them should be writing for movies and TV like me.

I also collaborate with another script writer I met on ATS.
edit on 18-10-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

"What do you get from ATS?"

Sometimes it's breaking news that interests me, but most of time it gives me the opportunity to flex my writing muscles. I do business writing to help with the bills and there's a big difference between writing in that vein and doing the creative writing that I can do here. If there's any other writers here who do both as well, you know what I mean.

I do realize that this is a social site site and you never know who reads it, but that doesn't really stop me from doing what I'm going to do. I know that can come across as sounding selfish, and maybe it is, but I've been a creative writer long before this site ever came up, and I'll be doing it after this place buys the farm. That being the case, this is just another venue I can use to help me become a better writer. And if some people see that Taupin just posted something else and they think "OMFG, what is he doing now?", I have a suggestion: Don't read it. You do have that option.

I also know that there are times when I can go a bit too far with what I say. But again, that's where the selfishness kicks in sometimes. Sometimes I'm not focused on who's going to read it and what their reaction will be, as much as I'm focusing on doing a better job at conveying what I want to in a better way then I did last time. I want to progress in that regard and when I have my mind focused on that, other peoples' reactions and feelings take a distant back seat. Except the OP. I always have her in front of my mind and always think about how it will effect her or help her. After all.........dear readers.......when you read an OP, that's what inspires you to write something in the first place.......write?

While I'm on that subject, If I say anything that offends anyone, I do apologize. That's not my intent. But you have to admit, when I get in a "mood", nobody's safe. Both sides of the fence will get it just as hard, and that does make for good reading. I just get too into what I'm doing sometimes that I zone other people out. Ask any writer out there, and he or she will admit to doing the same thing at times.

So that's what I get out of this site, my creative juices flowing. Everyone here does something in their life on a constant basis to help them be a better person. With me, it's creative writing. Once you let that out of your system, it makes the more technical writing a lot easier to do somehow. That, and I do get a kick out of some of these posters. When I need some comic relief and John Stewart isn't on, I come here and dredge up their profiles to see what some of them are up to.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I found ATS by accident.

Back in 2011 during the summer, I was on Facebook, and one of my "friends" (who really was just another warm body for Farmville or such), had posted a video from YouTube about "Apollo 20" and a huge, crashed alien space ship on the far side of the moon, millions of years old.

This of course had me go:

So I went to YouTube (something that I rarely did back then), and saw all these videos on this subject, making me wonder, who comes up with these things. So I used Google, and saw a link to "Above Top Secret".

Curiosity got the better of me, so I followed the link and found myself here. I lurked for a while, but as the OP said: How can you just lurk and not comment?

Over the months, I'd read threads that had me itching to post my opinion, or worse, see someone posting information about Astronomy that was just flat out wrong, and I finally caved and joined.........

Now I'm one of the slaves here.....wear a tin foil hat.......look at all black sedans that go past my house with suspicion..........waiting for the Annunaki to show up on my door step and go: Hey there! See? How do you like us now Mr. Skeptic?

Mean while, my yard has turned into a jungle......the dog gave up trying to get me to play ball anymore......my wife is wondering why I'm not in bed at 3 AM but instead am clicking away on my keyboard......and my kids are wondering when I'm finally going to help them with their school work.

School work? HEY! I'm trying to debunk Nibiru! That is MUCH more important than your School Work! Google it! That's what I do on here! Sheesh! Now leave me alone, I've got a UFO to debunk, Moon Bases to prove that are not there, and then argue about Chemtrails! I'm swamped!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
There's always the normal flux of new members, and also members that say they joined 2 years ago and this is their first post. I wag my head in wonder. How can you lurk, and never comment?

Because it isn't always necessary to add in your own two cents - someone has usually said something pretty close to what I was going to by the time I get to a good thread anyway. Threads on here can get intense, and personally 99% of the time I think if I joined the conversation I would end up arguing and wasting time, rather than reading and absorbing information, and just picking and choosing through content.

I guess what I'm trying to say is some people come here and read it more like a message board or news website rather than an actual forum where they submit content.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

That was Great post...it can become a "mission" that requires balance........my daughter, who is 21 now just sent me a wonderful e-mail....very funny...but kinda deep in her own way...and probably how many kids feel....lol...she's a still a kid to me...

She wrote...." Hi Mommy...hope your not letting the Honey Bager get you down, I know you can kick his ass"...lol...yup...that's my girl...and worth fighting for...♥ Do you think she understood the implications of this video?

www.youtube.com...

sorry, don't know how to embed videos, but this is very funny.... if someone else knows how,... a good laugh for sure....

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I first came to ATS to make sure that my son wasn't posting anything
that would have the FBI knocking on our door looking for him.I liked what
saw and joined that same day.
I come to ATS to read news,escape from some things and fun and games.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Here you go, I'll embed it for you. In the future here is how you do it:

While at YouTube, click on the "Share" button and it will provide the URL link for you to copy and paste. However, do not copy the whole thing. For your video the link was yout.be/4r7wHMg5Yjg

Only copy the "4r7wHMg5Yjg" part.

then come here and make your post, when you want to embed the video, click on the button above that says:]

"VID:YOUTUBE"

in the little box that pops up, past that alph/numeric number that is on the end of the YouTube link only. It will look like this in your post:

[ yvid]4r7wHMg5Yjg[/yvid ]

But when you hit the "Reply" button and post your message it will look like this:

ETA: btw - you were right. the video is hilarious. I about fell out of my chair laughing.
edit on 18-10-2012 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I like the gray background. Makes it easy to read. I like how threads stay around and get exposure and comment for days. I like that there are some pretty smart people who post here and the research skills are informative and instructive. I like ATS because you can come here, unload you opinion and hopefully get a response.I like ATS because you can stumble on some dark agenda of manipulation. political hogwash, or beautiful pictures of a world I never knew existed

The star and flag thing, I don't understand it, I don't get it, I don't know what it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join