It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Mike Bara slap a restraining order on "Expat"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Speaking on X-Squared with Brooks Agnew last Sunday, Mike Bara declared that he's had enough of "Expat" drawing attention to the howling, screaming errors in his books, and he's hired an "investigator" to track down Expat and he'll shortly be filing a restraining order.

What he seeks to restrain is, apparently, expat's blog, which has been correcting errors in the works of Bara and his former co-author Richard Hoagland since April 2008. I think it's pretty obvious that Bara would have to go an unfeasible distance before he could find a judge willing to violate the 1st amendment. However, what concerns me more is Brooks Agnew's reaction. Agnew is supposedly a trained scientist -- it's hardly credible that a reading of expat's blog would not have been part of his prep for the interview. Yet, instead of saying to Mike "are you out of your #ing mind?" he actually seemed to give his approval.

The incident started with a caller named Andrew asking why Mike Bara routinely accuses his critics of being homosexual. This is perfectly true -- for example, he wrote to Derek Eunson "I hear John Travolta is looking for a new masseuse. I'm sure you qualify." To James Concannon he wrote "Give my regards to Expat, perhaps you two could double-team Barney Frank while you're waiting for my answer." Brooks Agnew did not even ask the obvious question -- SO IS IT TRUE YOU ACCUSE YOUR CRITICS OF HOMOSEXUALITY?? WHY DO YOU CONSIDER THAT AN INSULT?. Instead he rambled on about haters and trolls, and said "they're not welcome here."

I understand that radio hosts don't want their shows to degenerate into insult matches, but I think they ought to wait until the insults actually start before cutting callers off. Brooks Agnew can run his show how he likes, that's his privilege - but he'll get no respect from me for how he treated Andrew.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Well now...This sounds like an outstanding way to get thousands of little Expat's running around. In fact, I may just do some of that work myself if something unfortunate really does happen to the guy out setting the record straight with some things. I'm not half as familiar with Bara as I am with Hoagie and his B.S. (No offense for those who like the guy) but...

Hoagland being "called out" with on ATS with support

That's just ONE of them from this very site. I recall Hoagie breathlessly reporting a scoop that United States military, through a secret space program no one knew existed, had not only been OUT to but LANDED on Elenin and thoroughly checked it out. Now, I'm going by memory as that's one of the few things I didn't save in archive from the Elenin fiasco....but only because it was too loony tunes for even THAT collection.

If someone's out correcting the errors, he deserves a medal, not a lawsuit. Again..sorry if I rub any feathers the wrong way and I LOVE Coast to Coast AM. I've been a fan since Art Bell was hosting from Nevada. However, that doesn't mean every regular guest they have is worth all that much to listen to ...let alone trust without 10 forms of verification and eye witness proof atop all that.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Of course, Bara is an ignorant, silly, immature, bully. He is not, nor ever has been an engineer. He dropped out of school. I have much more information on Mr. Bara. He should not be threatening other individuals with empty claims.

You should watch the following video in hi-resolution (720p), not the default resolution YT gives you.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Asertus

For many reasons better left unsaid, I used to feel that Stanton Friedman was as low as you could get in UFOlogy. But the holder of that "title" just has to be Mike Bara. I dislike him so much that I wish he had accompanied Dr. John Mack on Monday, September 27, 2004.

I'm grateful for EXPAT and I have contributed to his blog about my catching Bara in a lie in "DARK MISSION".

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
reply to post by Asertus

For many reasons better left unsaid, I used to feel that Stanton Friedman was as low as you could get in UFOlogy. But the holder of that "title" just has to be Mike Bara. I dislike him so much that I wish he had accompanied Dr. John Mack on Monday, September 27, 2004.

I'm grateful for EXPAT and I have contributed to his blog about my catching Bara in a lie in "DARK MISSION".

Such an odorous statement.

Here, you have stooped even below Bera's level.

As for the slam to Friedman, I don't believe anyone has shown him to be lying. He may be wrong in some of his views, but to equate him with Hoagland and Bara is outrageous.

Personally, I just ignore H&B they have proven themselves time after time to not be worthy of attention.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Originally posted by The Shrike
reply to post by Asertus

Such an odorous statement.

Here, you have stooped even below Bera's level.

As for the slam to Friedman, I don't believe anyone has shown him to be lying. He may be wrong in some of his views, but to equate him with Hoagland and Bara is outrageous.

Personally, I just ignore H&B they have proven themselves time after time to not be worthy of attention.

I made a simple comment about how I feel about "Mr. Newklear Pheeseecyst". This guy started a thread!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not everyone is crazy about him as you seem to be:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are 262 results in ATS SEARCH for "stanton friedman fraud". Not all of them support him. He is just the biggest mouth in UFOlogy and it sells!

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I'm curious -- did anything ever come of this?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: astrostu

The Dork Mission blog is still up and running so I'm guessing no.

dorkmission.blogspot.ca...

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asertus
Speaking on X-Squared with Brooks Agnew last Sunday, Mike Bara declared that he's had enough of "Expat" drawing attention to the howling, screaming errors in his books, and he's hired an "investigator" to track down Expat and he'll shortly be filing a restraining order.

What he seeks to restrain is, apparently, expat's blog, which has been correcting errors in the works of Bara and his former co-author Richard Hoagland since April 2008. I think it's pretty obvious that Bara would have to go an unfeasible distance before he could find a judge willing to violate the 1st amendment. However, what concerns me more is Brooks Agnew's reaction. Agnew is supposedly a trained scientist -- it's hardly credible that a reading of expat's blog would not have been part of his prep for the interview. Yet, instead of saying to Mike "are you out of your #ing mind?" he actually seemed to give his approval.

The incident started with a caller named Andrew asking why Mike Bara routinely accuses his critics of being homosexual. This is perfectly true -- for example, he wrote to Derek Eunson "I hear John Travolta is looking for a new masseuse. I'm sure you qualify." To James Concannon he wrote "Give my regards to Expat, perhaps you two could double-team Barney Frank while you're waiting for my answer." Brooks Agnew did not even ask the obvious question -- SO IS IT TRUE YOU ACCUSE YOUR CRITICS OF HOMOSEXUALITY?? WHY DO YOU CONSIDER THAT AN INSULT?. Instead he rambled on about haters and trolls, and said "they're not welcome here."

I understand that radio hosts don't want their shows to degenerate into insult matches, but I think they ought to wait until the insults actually start before cutting callers off. Brooks Agnew can run his show how he likes, that's his privilege - but he'll get no respect from me for how he treated Andrew.

Expat could chew and spit out Mike Bara, who resides in Richard Hoagland's rear exit, with his eyes closed. I've been the "victim" of Bara's vitriolic attacks because I found and posted here some of the error's found in his and Hoagland's book. I've communicated with the brilliant Expat. Bara knows he is up against someone with a superior brain to his and he is not mature enough to deal with it. Possibly Bara likes to use the homosexual gambit to continude hiding in the closet.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Uggielicious

Ditto.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I don't know who this whiny little btch Mike Bara is, but he seems to really dislike criticism. What a wah wah cry baby.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
You can tell when you've got Bara on the run when he pulls out his nuclear option in response -- junior high school level cartoon caricatures. Here's his mature respnse to a series of whuppings from me...

4.bp.blogspot.com...

hosted on this page
imaginativeworlds.com.../page3

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: gusdynamite
I don't know who this whiny little btch Mike Bara is, but he seems to really dislike criticism. What a wah wah cry baby.

Here he is in the worst UFO "documentary" series of all time.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: torsion

Ha! That was brilliantly funny. "Viewer discretion is advised".

Thank you for that - I enjoy a good chuckle.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Jim - did you see his 5-part blog series on me, where the entire first one is an ad hominem? And the entire foreword to his AAo Mars book is a 28-page rant about me. You know you've made it as a skeptic when ...

new topics

top topics

join