It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone under the impression that the Illuminati is benevolent?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
They won't be so bad. If you desire to work you will be fine. If you desire to con others you will be in trouble because they don't tolerate that. If they take charge the rules will change, do something wrong and you just disappear from this reality. I don't see a problem with that, I presently detest the huge amounts of deception going on. Seems like we have to guard what we worked hard to get so others don't con us out of it or steal it. I'm hoping they will be better than what we have now.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Ever heard of the Georgia Guidestones, thats pritty much there agenda! Im not going to reference Illuminati conspiracy theories for you. Google is your friend. Obviously i dont have any conclusive evidence of there existence, thats "There" plan im afraid! LoL
edit on 18-10-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Im just glad I am not my thoughts emotions or physical body

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by On7a7higher7plane

The term "illuminati" literally means, "a group seeking to increase their understanding." Simplified, but still accurate.

The "Illuminati" are no more malevolent or benevolent than fire or an axe. It all depends on how the knowledge is used. In fact, one could even arge that WE are the "Illuminati".

edit on 18-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
There is no organization calling itself the Illuminati that exists today that has ANY connection to the Bavarian Illuminati of 1776. The fact that idiot conspiracy theorists still refer to an Illuminati in modern terms simply belies their own ignorance.

Are there groups pulling the strings today? One could look at the Trilateral Commission, the Council on Foreign Relations, the Bildeberg Group and the attendees of the Bohemian Grove. But none of those organizations have ANYTHING to do with the Bavarian Illuminati of 1776 or the Freemasons.

You normally strike me as a fairly logical, thinking person... so I was rather surprised to see this statement.

How can you say this confidently, with no doubt? Had you said "there is no strong evidence" or something to that effect... then you've got a solid (though debatable to some) point. However, to say authoritatively that there definitely is no such modern branch of this (at one time) confirmed organization, or that those in highest positions of wealth and power DEFINITELY don't have ANY connection to the 1776 Illuminati seems completely unfair.

I would say that unless you were a "high ranking" member of one of the aforementioned groups/families you would not be in a position to make that (last) claim with ANY kind of authority. They are, after all, considered to be a SECRET society. It's not as though they would necessarily advertise or leave blatant clues around if they did exist. In fact, I'd say quite the opposite.

And don't get me wrong... I'm not exactly arguing for their existence. I don't know about that any more than you do. Just what I've read, and what I choose to BELIEVE.

Can you say the chupacabra doesn't exist? If so, how? Leprechauns? The missing link?

Saying "that's foolish" is proof of nothing, and never has been. People once thought a round earth was foolish, fantastical.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by On7a7higher7plane
When I was a kid I was under the impression they were hell bent on enslaving humanity and dominating every person under the sun, but now that I have done more researching I have realized the Illuminati has multiple factions that are constantly conflicting, and for the most part their intention is to enlighten humanity and usher in an age of abundance.

Just posting to see if anyone is fear mongering. Would like to see evidence to the contrary. I realize secret societies mostly have a Machiavellian nature but that does not directly imply the organization has evil intentions.
edit on 17-10-2012 by On7a7higher7plane because: additions

the confusion comes when ppl start spreading lame issuances like bush and obama/romney etc are illuminati..

those guys are wankers!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Destruction and creation are entwined. What looks "evil" from the ground up or limited perspective, may impact the greater good in long term thinking and planning.

If you had to kill two thirds of humanity to perpetuate the human race as a whole, what would you do? If you had to let peoples greed and power mechanisms play out to raise humanity to a higher level, what would you do? How would you go about uniting a divided barbaric humanity in order to achieve real progress as a species?

Yes I have considered the benevolence behind the ultimate direction we are being taken. The foundational philosophies behind the supposed ruling organization, by whatever name you want to call them, are essentially benevolent, which has always made me wonder. We obviously cannot continue on our current path.

Frankly, even a cursory look at this thread or site in general, or the world and people around you as an indicator of the mentality of the mass of humanity, and I would not hesitate to pull the plug on the majority of humanity myself.

Do you think you could bring humanity to a higher level by kind and gentle means?
Try making an omelette without cracking some eggs!

Of course I could be completely wrong, but if you do not entertain alternate perspectives how can you ever break the chains of your own mind? Emotional, guttural, box minded psychologically mechanical reactions... Continue!

Good and Evil are two sides of the same coin... You are the coin!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I think the thing is even if they have good intentions for us all the fact that they are in control and we don't get a fair say in our own destiny is enough on its own to imply that they are 'the bad guys'.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

I am sure nobody can say for certain that the Illuminati exists, or it does not, but the simple fact that while it existed in the lat 1700's, it was not hidden and actively solicited enlightened members. If such a group did exist today, it couldn't sustain itself without soliciting membership. To date, the only folks who have claimed to have been contacted, live in a subterranean environment of their life givers possession.

I think in 300 years, someone, somewhere would have slipped up and talked.

I do firmly believe that world events are somewhat controlled by a powerful group, and Big Oil is a big part of that group. Since I like the Illuminati and what it stood for, I prefer to call these people assholes, but that name has not caught on yet.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious
I think the thing is even if they have good intentions for us all the fact that they are in control and we don't get a fair say in our own destiny is enough on its own to imply that they are 'the bad guys'.

I imagine the manipulation of ones destiny and genetic diversity is enough to paint any organisation in very poor light! LoL

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
Ever heard of the Georgia Guidestones, thats pritty much there agenda!

So some dope carves a bunch of nonesense on some rocks and you take it seriously? Maybe they should have thrown literacy on there as well.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
If they were.. wouldn't we be all happy now and get along?

Btw .. since your new i should warn you about being "right-winger" (if you are). Libs here hate being called out and challenged. You may even get banned too.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam
How can you say this confidently, with no doubt? Had you said "there is no strong evidence" or something to that effect... then you've got a solid (though debatable to some) point. However, to say authoritatively that there definitely is no such modern branch of this (at one time) confirmed organization, or that those in highest positions of wealth and power DEFINITELY don't have ANY connection to the 1776 Illuminati seems completely unfair.
Why? I'd be happy to retract my assertion if you can provide me even the tiniest shred of proof that I'm wrong. As I said, I've been researching this stuff for more than 20 years and have seen no such evidence, so I stand firmly by by statement until proven wrong.

I would say that unless you were a "high ranking" member of one of the aforementioned groups/families you would not be in a position to make that (last) claim with ANY kind of authority. They are, after all, considered to be a SECRET society.
But they were NEVER a secret society. So you're starting off on a bad assumption...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Ever heard of the Georgia Guidestones, thats pritty much there agenda!

So some dope carves a bunch of nonesense on some rocks and you take it seriously? Maybe they should have thrown literacy on there as well.

Not too seriously no. Im typing on my Tablet so my spelling and grammar obviously suffer. Who the hell are you anyway? The Literacy Police per chance! Maybe they should have thrown on better manners eh? LoL

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic Lumen

Too bad the upper level pathways would strike the general populace as being horrific (based on my own experiences, which I also, "won't say anything further on") ... or perhaps so distancing from "humanity" as they know it.

Maybe after another five to ten years of inflating food prices, and general discontent... another few major disasters and some long term eugenics kicking in... everyone will be ready to hear the real truth behind the world :: thumbs up::

In the end we just rejoin the god-force or we don't, no dogma or drama needed. Rock and roll while we're here there is no ultimate good or evil...

Is the illuminati benevolent? evil? what about the multiple groups?

Soon everyone will know the dirty little spiritual secrets or be dead in an ever changing chaotic world.

End times or GOOD times?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Not too seriously no.

So why mention it?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
anyone have any original source material that could be used as a footnote in a work of non-fiction proving that the illuminati survived past 1785 ?

lol

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by iwilliam

I am sure nobody can say for certain that the Illuminati exists, or it does not, but the simple fact that while it existed in the lat 1700's, it was not hidden and actively solicited enlightened members. If such a group did exist today, it couldn't sustain itself without soliciting membership. To date, the only folks who have claimed to have been contacted, live in a subterranean environment of their life givers possession.

I think in 300 years, someone, somewhere would have slipped up and talked.

I do firmly believe that world events are somewhat controlled by a powerful group, and Big Oil is a big part of that group. Since I like the Illuminati and what it stood for, I prefer to call these people assholes, but that name has not caught on yet.

Your point is very fair. However, the devil's advocate on that one would say that a group as careful and powerful as many suggest the "illuminati" are, would be very careful in whom they chose to invite, and would likely have counter-measures in place in case the invitation were declined. This would mostly likely be in the form of blackmail of some sort, but I suppose other threats or measures up to and including "disposal" could be utilized to make sure declined invites didn't get much press.

Besides... most illuminati theorists claim they own the press as well. lol

This is really an issue that presently can't be proven one way or another.

Why? I'd be happy to retract my assertion if you can provide me even the tiniest shred of proof that I'm wrong. As I said, I've been researching this stuff for more than 20 years and have seen no such evidence, so I stand firmly by by statement until proven wrong.

Why is it unfair? I explained this in my last post... the one you quoted. You can not prove they do NOT exist any more than I can prove they DO exist. Absence of evidence is NOT proof of the non-existence of a thing... it is only proof of the absence of evidence. I'm sure someone as seemingly intelligent as yourself can understand this concept.

But they were NEVER a secret society. So you're starting off on a bad assumption...

The Illuminati (plural of Latin illuminatus, "enlightened") is a name given to several groups, both real (historical) and fictitious. Historically the name refers to the Bavarian Illuminati, an Enlightenment-era secret society founded on May 1, 1776.

en.wikipedia.org...

I understand that wiki is not the greatest source ever, but I chose this mainly for speed and convenience. Many people disagree with your opinion. I also know that popularity does not equal truth... but in lots of cases there is a distinct correlation.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Not too seriously no.

So why mention it?

I mention it because i thought it relevant to the topic we are discussing. What point are you trying to make? Are you implying i should not have mentiond them? That the Georgia Guidestone's have no relevance regarding Illuninati influences in todays society?

THE MESSAGE OF THE GEORGIA GUIDESTONES

1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
2. Guide reproduction wisely - improving fitness and diversity.
3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
4. Rule passion - faith - tradition - and all things with tempered reason.
5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
9. Prize truth - beauty - love - seeking harmony with the infinite.
10. Be not a cancer on the earth - Leave room for nature - Leave room for nature.

Essentially the Illuminati Ten Commandments? Who knows???

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by magickmaster
Adam Weishaupt was not a "good" person. He used trickery and subversion to accomplish something, which he claimed to be for good, but wrote about in his personal writings, were meant to subvert and mislead.
You got a source to back up that claim?

Oh, not to mention, the FRENCH REVOLUTION, the RUSSIAN REVOLUTION, the BOLSHEVIK REVOLUTION
Let's see, the French Revolution, which destroyed a monarchy and feudal, aristocratic and religious privileged classes and replaced them with new Enlightenment principles of equality, citizenship and inalienable rights. EVIL INDEED!!!

Russian Revolution, which destroyed the Tsarist autocracy in an attempt to replace it with democratic centralism... EVIL!!!

Seems like you'd rather tyrants who got their power by privilege of birth stayed in power instead of giving it to the people?

The people are easy to control when they think they are incharge. Besides world bankers know how hard Kings and Queens are to work with.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join