It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone under the impression that the Illuminati is benevolent?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
When I was a kid I was under the impression they were hell bent on enslaving humanity and dominating every person under the sun, but now that I have done more researching I have realized the Illuminati has multiple factions that are constantly conflicting, and for the most part their intention is to enlighten humanity and usher in an age of abundance.

Just posting to see if anyone is fear mongering. Would like to see evidence to the contrary. I realize secret societies mostly have a Machiavellian nature but that does not directly imply the organization has evil intentions.
edit on 17-10-2012 by On7a7higher7plane because: additions

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by On7a7higher7plane

I'm trying to get a feel for this website. Thoughts are welcome.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I am automatically suspect of anything that people dismiss so quickly under the guise of evil. So yes, I can see that they would be benevolent.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Not 100% sure by what you mean, but my personal opinion on the Illuminati? I'm sure they exist, and before, they really could have gotten somewhere. But now, I doubt they will ever succeed with any master plan that they could have, before it was much harder to learn about them, and know who they were, now, just type in a simple word, and everything on them is at your finger tips. Ever since the internet came along, societies like the Illuminati fell apart. Thats my take on the topic.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
NO!

What a dumb thought.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I just read you r other thread, this one, and you sure are kicking the word 'benevolent ' around.

I am left to assume you are trolling.

In any event let me set you straight on this little tidbit. There is no 'The Illuminati'. There are those 'enlightened', these are not 'The Enlightened'. There are, also, those striving to become 'enlightened', so forth and so on.

Benevolent? My oh my.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TehSlenderMan

asis.com...

Came across this. Interesting.

I came to an understanding that they already have achieved world domination simply through sheer numbers and a network.

And by world domination I mean a very significant influence / power across the globe.

Sure their power is not unlimited, and there are things they can not accomplish due to obvious limitations, but their influence is extremely pervasive.
edit on 17-10-2012 by On7a7higher7plane because: addition

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

No, I'm not trolling. By benevolent I mean at the core they have good intentions. An organization surrounded by evil sub-units with good intentions at its' core could be considered "benevolent". Don't misconstrue, that does not mean that even the majority of the Illuminati participants are not malevolent in nature and action.

Just saying that if the core of the organization is benevolent in nature they will root out any malevolent factions that get out of control.

I assume the illuminati (which in my vocabulary is a loose conglomerate of other secret societies and families run by a core unit of true illuminates) has had disastrous conflicts within the organization that ended with a lot of members deaths.
edit on 17-10-2012 by On7a7higher7plane because: addition

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by magickmaster

Boo to your lack of reasoning.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
They're not anything, if they truly do exist through the state of the world now you can clearly tell they are not benevolent, and I wouldn't really call them malevolent either. They are sick people though, run by numerology, they think life is such an equation that they must balance out, you can't control this balance of life though, and you see every event they have manipulated has really knocked us off course, and repeatedly, I think we could be close to becoming very lost.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by On7a7higher7plane
reply to post by magickmaster

Boo to your lack of reasoning.

You mean my lack of explanation of that reasoning, correct?

Adam Weishaupt was not a "good" person. He used trickery and subversion to accomplish something, which he claimed to be for good, but wrote about in his personal writings, were meant to subvert and mislead. Then there is the incest scene, and the infidelity, and the trail of murders, and on and on, till this day. Oh, not to mention, the FRENCH REVOLUTION, the RUSSIAN REVOLUTION, the BOLSHEVIK REVOLUTION, , Stalin, Lenin, and Hitler, and the modern day suppression of free energy technology and the promotion of fast food and chemicals, chemtrailing, fluoride, aspartame, pharmaceuticals which murder everyone they come into contact with, virology and vaccines....

here let me think about it a minute, .......God or Bad? Good or bad? Good or bad? Gee, I wonder which it is? DUH!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Depends on which Illuminati you're referring to.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by magickmaster
Adam Weishaupt was not a "good" person. He used trickery and subversion to accomplish something, which he claimed to be for good, but wrote about in his personal writings, were meant to subvert and mislead.
You got a source to back up that claim?

Oh, not to mention, the FRENCH REVOLUTION, the RUSSIAN REVOLUTION, the BOLSHEVIK REVOLUTION
Let's see, the French Revolution, which destroyed a monarchy and feudal, aristocratic and religious privileged classes and replaced them with new Enlightenment principles of equality, citizenship and inalienable rights. EVIL INDEED!!!

Russian Revolution, which destroyed the Tsarist autocracy in an attempt to replace it with democratic centralism... EVIL!!!

Seems like you'd rather tyrants who got their power by privilege of birth stayed in power instead of giving it to the people?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

The devil and the fallen believe they are benevolent. Does that make them benevolent?

Absolutely not, but that is the hallmark and fingerprint of a true liar who operates under the belief of his own lies while manifesting the agenda of complete destruction, enslavement and genocide.
edit on 17-10-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Egyptia

The devil and the fallen believe they are benevolent. Does that make them benevolent?

Absolutely not, but that is the hallmark and fingerprint of a true liar who operates under the belief of his own lies while operating the agenda of complete destruction, enslavement and genocide.
edit on 17-10-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

Very well said.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Adam Weishaupt was not a "good" person. He used trickery and subversion to accomplish something, which he claimed to be for good, but wrote about in his personal writings, were meant to subvert and mislead.
You got a source to back up that claim?

Oh, not to mention, the FRENCH REVOLUTION, the RUSSIAN REVOLUTION, the BOLSHEVIK REVOLUTION
Let's see, the French Revolution, which destroyed a monarchy and feudal, aristocratic and religious privileged classes and replaced them with new Enlightenment principles of equality, citizenship and inalienable rights. EVIL INDEED!!!

Russian Revolution, which destroyed the Tsarist autocracy in an attempt to replace it with democratic centralism... EVIL!!!

Seems like you'd rather tyrants who got their power by privilege of birth stayed in power instead of giving it to the people?

Yes, but they killed million and millions to accomplish it.

So, in the end, when the Illuminati win their "game", there will be world peace, and everyone will be dead.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The original Illuminati yes, the usurpers of the name Illuminati and others whom people have attributed the term Illuminati to no. And yes, Freemasons belong to the family of the original Illuminati, the reason for secrecy was because religious and monarchical bodies did not want knowledge (Illumination) to spread throughout the controlled masses. I could elaborate more on my perspective but that is all I will say.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic Lumen
The original Illuminati yes, the usurpers of the name Illuminati and others whom people have attributed the term Illuminati to no. And yes, Freemasons belong to the family of the original Illuminati, the reason for secrecy was because religious and monarchical bodies did not want knowledge (Illumination) to spread throughout the controlled masses. I could elaborate more on my perspective but that is all I will say.

Then they came to abuse their power like the tyrants they professed to be better than.
Why not tell the rest of the story?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
You know, I was struck watching "Millenium" one time when Watts said "a free, open and prosperous society doesn't happen by accident" or something to that effect. Of course it's just a TV show, but its interesting that that episode was also about a secret society claiming to be doing good while some of them were doing evil things to people.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Then they came to abuse their power like the tyrants they professed to be better than.
Why not tell the rest of the story?
Because that's simply not true.

There is no organization calling itself the Illuminati that exists today that has ANY connection to the Bavarian Illuminati of 1776. The fact that idiot conspiracy theorists still refer to an Illuminati in modern terms simply belies their own ignorance.

Are there groups pulling the strings today? One could look at the Trilateral Commission, the Council on Foreign Relations, the Bildeberg Group and the attendees of the Bohemian Grove. But none of those organizations have ANYTHING to do with the Bavarian Illuminati of 1776 or the Freemasons.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join