Judging Freemasonry by its' enemies - and why I accept the organizations benevolence.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
Technically speaking there are plenty of us Masons here at ATS that would "outrank" those Masons who have been President.
I'll go one step further and assert that EVERY SINGLE Master Mason on ATS outranks LBJ's Masonic affiliation.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
This is probably offtopic but are there atheist masons? Or is that an oxymoron?
I know too little about freemasons to like or dislike them.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

we are a nice bunch, but in order to be a regular mason, you must believe in God. We don't ask what you call him, only that you do call him.

I think irregular masonry admits atheists and sometimes women.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by On7a7higher7plane

I have a few masons in my family and my best friend and his entire male family are all freemasons. Both are great human beings. Trust me when my buddy who's a mason calls me up and says come over I'm BBQing. You better believe I go. Besides being a loyal friend who has helped me get work when I suddenly found myself unemployed to offering to help out in dozens of different ways, he throws some of the best damned BBQ's I've ever been to. Were talking about Ribs thrown on the smoker at 10AM for a 1PM feast. While we wait for the ribs to cook we spend the time drinking beer or worse and floating in his 80 degree heated pool. So masons aren't so bad. I agree with the OP's statements.

Besides when was the last time anybody can remember ever being invited to a Nazi BBQ? Never cause Nazi's don't BBQ which makes them assholes in my book. Nazi's invite you to a gas chamber or a firing squad as their form of good hospitality. Masons invite you to a BBQ with booze, pool party and drunken Wii festivities. I dunno. you pick which one you'd be backing or accepting of. As for me I'm sticking with hanging out with masons.
edit on 18-10-2012 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Reply to post by network dude

Thanks for that information, I thought that was the case. Oh well atleast ill know to decline any invitations.

irregular masonry doesn't sound as interesting.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
Reply to post by network dude

Thanks for that information, I thought that was the case. Oh well atleast ill know to decline any invitations.
You'd be unlikely to get any invitations... If someone wants to be a Mason, they have to ask to join. Even if I had a buddy who I thought would make a good Mason, it would be bad form for me to explicitly invite him. I might tell him about it, and perhaps even try to get him interested, but he has to come to me and say "I'm interested in joining." And then we'd get things going.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Reply to post by JoshNorton

Ahh, well I did say I know little about freemasonry, I guess that shows in my previous post. I thought you had to get invited into masonry, I learn something new every... Other post lol thanks

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Could you possibly point me to some threads in which the Masons on ATS "continually preach against" ANY RELIGION?
That is not the way of the Masons that I personally know!

I am a patient person and am still waiting for you to direct me to the posts to which you referred in your original response to this thread!

Need more time? That's fine by me, I can wait!
edit on 19/10/12 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join