It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tips To Heal A Broken Heart.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Be sad eat ice cream have a fantastic sexual experience and travel somewhere and get stuck. Do some sort of unaddictive drug buy an iphone 5 and smash it. Take your wallet and throw it into a river then go apply for something that requires identification then throw a fit about it and tell them you threw your wallet in the river...

Tell your sister shes beautiful and give her a flower, same for your mom, then eat grapes. Watch ren and stimpy. Immediately become annoyed and go to something else. Eat a table spoon of sugar... Drink a pot of coffee then have a glass of milk.

There are a lot of things you can do just keep busy but when your down and sad be sad.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

I spent about 17 years all by myself raising two kids. I thought I would never ever find some one I could spend my life with. So I stopped. Then all fell into place, my son introduced me to my now 2nd wife. That was ten years ago. We have been married since 05.

love happens and blossoms when you least expect it. At least that's what I've learned in my life. It will come, beleive me the way you feel now will pass, and a new day will dawn for you, I guarantee it. Stop looking for love & let love find you. Hope all works out for you. And so you know, my first wife left me for another man. She was granted her divorce on our 8th wedding anniversary...The exact day........ married the new guy the next day !!!!!

All that drama made me a better husband & father & overall better man..
edit on 18-10-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Reading your story makes me sad...and I really hope you get over this guy.

Sounds like a manipulating selfish piece of work, and I think you deserve much better.

Please try to not think about him, because he is not worth your tears...and I think that somewhere in the future a decent man will come along , and make you happy...at least I hope so.

Please..tonight , when you lay down in bed, on that one side, look at the other side of bed..and say.."You really didn't deserve me, and though it may hurt now, I'm relieved you are out of my life"..then roll over , hug your pillow, and be happy you are sleeping with a decent person..YOURSELF .

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

The best revenge and quite healing as well is....

A life well lived.

It always drives the other insane when they realize that you don't need them and can be happy without them as well.

That can be satisfying.
edit on 18-10-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I spend a day or two in the dark, with alcohol, about a pound of fudge, watching star trek reruns.

Then I find reasons to hate them and move on with my life.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

That's why I don't bother with relationships, I don't need all that drama and heart ache in my life. Want your life to be positive wipe out the negative. You can say you can find that special someone but you won't until your old and person just stays with you because they have nothing better. Then your stuck with someone who annoys you.

Go be free and be happy. There are other ways to cure loneliness.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Mines pretty complex.I'm missing a precious someone.I felt strong emotions for this person and it was the same for her towards me.
We never told one another for obvious reasons that i won't go into but the way she looked at me said it all.She was also a great friend.......so in another life......

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Ok so what do you do when you were with someone for 6+ years and have a beautiful child together. It's been at least 2+ years since break up and still eats me alive daily. No because I miss her but because I miss my lovebug being by my side every day. Now when I have her (custody agreement) it's always: "I miss my mommy" and "I want to be with mommy"; "my mommy misses me"; mommy said if I don't want to be here I can call her and she will pick me up" (Which was a dumb thing to say to a 4yr old)....grrrrr! I get this if she feels sad or has to go to bed and it's heart wrenching.

I hate sitting up in panick constantly thinking something is wrong. And since the custody agreement is one day a week and every other weekend, after I have her on the weekday on my "off weekend" schedule I go into what I call bi-weekly depression.

I would like to just get past it all, I know she is with someone and has been for well 2yrs, but it's hard for me to move on, not because I am still in love with her, although I do care, but I fear that if I move on then I will lose any chance of getting my daughter back. If you can help with this, I AM ALL EARS!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I have used distraction in the past somewhat successfully. Took up hobbies and spent time with new people, made new friends. But eventually I had to deal with what I did and didn't do in the relationship that contributed to the end of it. I am not encouraging wallowing in guilt! But an honest self evaluation is important. I believe if we don't we run the risk of making the same mistakes again. Avoid bad mouthing and vilifying the other person even though well meaning friends will sometimes encourage you to do so. If they were that bad then it begs the question what were you doing with them? Moving on requires momentum. Redirect your energy to do so. Animals are wonderful support to the brokenhearted. Their loyalty and total acceptance is a great balm for the heart. Reconnect with nature and recognize the interconnectedness of all life. Spend some time doing something unselfish for someone else. The broken heart will heal because the pain will end as long as we don't hang on to hate and jealousy.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Helpfull thread. Normally I would say this has no business on ATS and has the greatest potential of being a sap fest, but considering I am going through a break up with a girlfriend of two years right now (when you are 26 that's still a considerable amount of time right?), I won't be my regular smart a** self and I'll probably be reading along.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by On the level

I'm that kind guy.. I will put up with a lot. I will just go on being miserable knowing I shouldn't. I think too much about it. I was with someone I obviously shouldn't have been. She was a few years younger than me (but oh so fine), but didn't relate much. I am one of those people that tend to think love grows from experiences and you can fall for anyone and that most simple things people have in common are petty and not a good judge, but as it went on, no new deeper connections seemed to emerge.

I dunno, mistake, thought I would be done making them by my mid twenties, guess not. Blasted sex drive.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

Take me out.. or I'll take you out. You're an ATS member, shouldn't be a boring date.

edit on 18-10-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Confronting the heart is he only way out because the heart doesnt think it only knows its own feeling. How can anyone escape from someone they love, it is like trying to run away from your body it cant happen.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

And we all the broken hearted thank you for your kindness of leaving the smarta-- remarks for another time

Peace, NRE.

BTW, thanks to all that have participated, though I was not in detail about what led me to make the thread, many have been supportive of others and that is what this was all about

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Confronting the heart is he only way out because the heart doesnt think it only knows its own feeling. How can anyone escape from someone they love, it is like trying to run away from your body it cant happen.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

The hearts not an island it demands to be include in the experience. So many people want to live life of experiences and insular the heart, not let it be included. If you love someone tell them, and tell them again and again if you dont think theyre hearing. What else can a person do.
edit on 18-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Closure is the only cure for a truly broken heart.

If your ex denies this vital recovery tool from you, you will continue to exist with a shattered soul, a hole in your heart, and the inability to feel 'love' for anyone else ever again.

Closure is often not an option for some people, as their ex is / was a person that has no conscience, and didn't care if their discarded lover ever recovered to love again.

To those unfortunate few who suffer from this painful malady, I will suggest filling your life and that extra large hole in your heart with something non-destructive, if possible. Remember, we were given the ability to forget as a safety feature. Time may heal all wounds, but it cannot replace what is lost.
edit on 19-10-2012 by yourignoranceisbliss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
If it becomes really painful watch lots of war movies...has been working for me...if im gonna suffer i may as well be in the right environment

The cure is to find the other half and connect both into a whole. The whole is the now. The is no cure for separation.
edit on 19-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join