It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not looking forward to my parents's reactions if Obama is elected

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I have been getting interested in current politics, simply because this election happens to be such a big, grim, very long party almost impossible not to stare at. The fact that my parents have a lot invested in it hasn't helped. Their dislike of the president is such that if you even mention him to my parents, they'll waste no time in expressing it.

My mom cried when he was elected last time, and even took some of her anger out on me for some reason. I'm not looking forward to how they'll react if he is re-elected. I have no idea how they will, but I'll sure be making myself scarce when that day comes.

And that's my selfish reason for hoping Romney wins-- even though I wouldn't have cared otherwise due to my view that there's a bigger power that won't change its plans just based on what figurehead blocks the country's view of it.

Does anyone else have anyone close to them whose reactions you don't relish if their hopes are dashed?
edit on 17-10-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
your parents are whats wrong with the system. sorry to generalize but from the info you've given me thats what I make of this. obamney isn't going to swoop down from the heavents to save the peasant folk, no they want to use you until you die then find the next peasant folk to milk from... yes the game spins on...

if I were you i'd call them out blatantly.. but that's me.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

My mom cried when he was elected last time, and even took some of her anger out on me for some reason.

Oh, well, there was that one night back at Columbia, and then he never called her again, LOL! Do you look anything like him?

On the one hand, people get far too vested in these election things. I can't even watch the debates, because to me it is just like all the other reality television. Watching the debates is equivalent to watching Jersey Shore or Honey Boo Boo.

BUT, on the other hand, "The Situation" isn't holding half the world's Nukes, and all the worlds economy in his hands! As funny and stupid as the election cycle is, it is also extremely sad and frightening.

Tell your mother to do what us Liberatians and Constitutionalists do. DRINK! Just not as much as she did that one night back at Occidental, or was it Harvard?
edit on 17-10-2012 by darkhorserider because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This is truly an entirely new phenomenon and it's intriguing to say the least.

Is anyone else doing this? Already several employers have threatened to lay off workers if Obama is reelected. This tactic is fascinating to watch, but frightening in implication...

Can Mitt Romney and his supporters literally extort the entire nation? Can they bully their man into the White House???

If so? Seriously... the implications are staggering. And they say much more about those who fall for it than they do about the people using the technique.

In regard to this specifically? If your parents treat you improperly, it has nothing to do with an election and everything to do with familial issues. If this is truly the case? Find ways of dealing with it productively and you do have my sympathies. But don't let your parents bully you into wanting a candidate. Assert your own views and decide for yourself.

~Heff
edit on 10/17/12 by Hefficide because: again... entire word left out. My fingers are traitors.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

EllaMarina,
Im right there with you. I do NOT want to see my Mom's reaction after the elections no matter the outcome. All she does is down Obama, talks up Romney like he actually gives a damn about her, and then my Dad tells her to stop bothering him with her nonsense because we have no choice and the elections are rigged. Oh great times in this household during elections.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

So things really are different this time? The noise is louder, that's for sure.
The layoff threat sounds like pure overkill. I can actually envision the country's infrastructure shaking itself apart in rage and terror.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Yes it is different this time. There has always been some contentious issues in election cycles but I have never witnessed the frothing at the mouth like this time.

If someone has set their hopes and dreams on another human being, that is really a sad thing. Neither Obama or Romney are going to "part the Red Sea" and herald in a new age of wonder and prosperity...they are just men.
edit on 10/17/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

This is truly an entirely new phenomenon and it's intriguing to say the least.

Is anyone else doing this? Already several employers have threatened to lay off workers if Obama is reelected. This tactic is fascinating to watch, but frightening in implication...

Can Mitt Romney and his supporters literally extort the entire nation? Can they bully their man into the White House???

If so? Seriously... the implications are staggering. And they say much more about those who fall it than they do about the people using the technique.

In regard to this specifically? If your parents treat you improperly, it has nothing to do with an election and everything to do with familial issues. If this is truly the case? Find ways of dealing with it productively and you do have my sympathies. But don't let your parents bully you into wanting a candidate. Assert your own views and decide for yourself.

~Heff

The Elite land barons in Europe used to make similar threats...

1855 here we come!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Just add evangelism to the mix, that will fix things. You will look back on the good old days, and cry.

3 sentences, just 3 unilateral sentences, and my arms feel like they disconnected from their sockets.

You don't know how good you have it.
edit on 17-10-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

top topics

join