It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Image and Story That Should Ruin Romney

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The Sensata story SHOULD ruin the chances for Mitt, but because there are a lot of people who SAY THEY CARE about the economy, and really just care about themselves, church, and WINNING -- they don't care. They won't research Mitt but will have a thousand conspiracies about the "other team."

A man with offshore accounts and who ran a VC firm should have been the warning bell for voters. Why would they vote from the same group that ruined us leading up to November 2008? No matter what you think of Obama -- voting in Gordon Gecko shows a lack of good critical thinking skills.

I'm happy someone is bringing this up, and please, spread it around. You will find it will get ZERO traction with Republicans. "Crazy Kenyan Islamist conspiracy?" OK! "Actual documentation and employees who've been thrown out of work while their job goes to China?" Crickets.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

Obama also has investments through Chinese companies and through a Cayman Islands trust

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I am looking for an answer, a solution,

Ignoring the left and the right wont fix the problem, do you have a solution or do we just sit back and take it?

I do have a solution.
Unfortunately, because of the passage of certain bills, I am unable to offer that solution to you without being labeled something I'd rather not be labeled. Nuff said.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
What we should be wondering is how our press became so corrupt, and who infiltrated the press, the government, the school systems, the corporations, our military and our intelligences agencies, assigning blame to one political party over the others just obscures the bigger picture.

www.aim.org...

The Audacity of Cronyism: Jarrett, Plouffe, and Donilon
www.breitbart.com...

Three-Star General: Muslim Brotherhood Has Infiltrated Department of Defense
www.thomasmore.org...

Valerie Jarrett’s Father In Law Reveals Start Of Arab Purchase Of Us Presidency
a syndicated column from November 1979 that seemed to point 30 years into the future

It also might be considered more than coincidence that the author of that 1979 newspaper column was from Chicago, where Barack Obama settled in 1986 a few years after his stint at Columbia University. It is certainly surprising that the author of that column was none other than Vernon Jarrett, the future (and later former) father-in-law of Valerie Jarrett, who ultimately became the consigliatore of the Obama White House.

It is also noteworthy that Vernon Jarrett was one of the best friends and a colleague of Frank Marshall Davis, the former Chicago journalist and lifelong communist who moved to Hawaii in the late 1940s and years later befriended Stanley and Madelyn Dunham and their daughter Stanley Ann, the mother of Barack Obama. (4)

And to anyone who has the modicum of a spark of curiosity, it is surely intriguing that Frank Davis took an active role in the rearing of young Barack from the age of 10 until he turned 18 and left Hawaii for his first year of college at Occidental College in Los Angeles. (5)

It is also at least suggestive that Obama began that college education as a member of the highly international student body of Occidental College in 1979, the same year when Vernon Jarrett was touting the college aid program being funded by OPEC and possibly Prince Alwaleed. The fact that President Obama has studiously avoided releasing records of his college years is suggestive also, but has no evidentiary value in the present discussion. (6)

______beforeitsnews/opinion-conservative/2012/09/valerie-jarretts-father-in-law-reveals-start-of-arab-purchase-of-us-presidency-2490330.html

Be afraid, BE very AFRAID, Obama is the Manchurian candidate. The press has covered for him, our representatives have covered for him, our intelligence agencies have covered for him.

Why is everyone in this community seemingly, ON THE TAKE?

Unless you are part of the solution, you become the biggest part of the problem.

What Romney is, remains to be seen,

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

I am looking for an answer, a solution,

Ignoring the left and the right wont fix the problem, do you have a solution or do we just sit back and take it?

I do have a solution.
Unfortunately, because of the passage of certain bills, I am unable to offer that solution to you without being labeled something I'd rather not be labeled. Nuff said.

You are afraid of being labeled?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by shadwgirl

Obama's little $100,000 (state retirement plan that contains shares of Sensata Technologies) is no where near Romney's 51%, $8 million invested in that company. Nice try! Anyone who lives there and retires could have shares of this company in their "state" retirement plan. Maybe even the people who work there now, this doesn't mean they have the control of 51% by any long shot!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Obama also has investments through Chinese companies and through a Cayman Islands trust

Yes he does. And he will retire and earn his retirement living completely off of a PUBLIC pension. Romney on the other hand does not have a public pension to fall back on because he took no salary during his term as Mass. Governor.

From the standpoint of a public pension, Obama is well-heeled.

As president, he will receive $191,300 annually for life — win or lose in next month's election — and receives a travel allotment as well as mailing privileges. Should Obama lose, his presidential pension kicks in immediately after leaving office.

Given that the president enjoys a normal life span, the pension allotment would be worth upwards of $6 million.

The federal budget spends about $3 million annually for the four living ex-presidents. Obama also will get Secret Service protection.

In addition, Obama may be due a nice pension for the eight years he served in the Illinois Legislature as a state senator.

Illinois is infamous for its lavish pension plan for former lawmakers. A Freedom of Information Act request for Obama's pension amount submitted Wednesday to the General Assembly Retirement System of Illinois was not immediately answered, nor was a call to the Obama campaign.

Many public pension funds have a diversified foreign investment portfolio that includes China. For instance, the California Public Employees Retirement System, or CalPERS, recently announced a $530 million investment in two real estate funds that target China.

Most other public pension funds have directed increasing allocations to emerging markets and alternative investment classes to generate returns and bridge exploding funding gaps.

I just love how the left is trying to paint this "scoop" given the fact that this Company is an international one with operations all over the globe....

This would not even be a newsworthy event if the name "Bain" was not attached.

Why manufacturing in this specific tchnology sector has gravitated overseas, Especially to China

Apple Case Study

Proximity to leading supplies of raw components.. Its the supply chain

Though components differ between versions, all iPhones contain hundreds of parts, an estimated 90 percent of which are manufactured abroad. Advanced semiconductors have come from Germany and Taiwan, memory from Korea and Japan, display panels and circuitry from Korea and Taiwan, chipsets from Europe and rare metals from Africa and Asia. And all of it is put together in China.

“The entire supply chain is in China now,” said another former high-ranking Apple executive. “You need a thousand rubber gaskets? That’s the factory next door. You need a million screws? That factory is a block away. You need that screw made a little bit different? It will take three hours.”

How can the US compete with this??

ow about quickly, nearly instantaneously, finding new employees to ramp up production?

“[Foxconn] could hire 3,000 people overnight,” said Jennifer Rigoni, who was Apple’s worldwide supply demand manager until 2010, but declined to discuss specifics of her work. “What U.S. plant can find 3,000 people overnight and convince them to live in dorms?”

… Another critical advantage for Apple was that China provided engineers at a scale the United States could not match. Apple’s executives had estimated that about 8,700 industrial engineers were needed to oversee and guide the 200,000 assembly-line workers eventually involved in manufacturing iPhones. The company’s analysts had forecast it would take as long as nine months to find that many qualified engineers in the United States.

In China, it took 15 days.

… In particular, companies say they need engineers with more than high school, but not necessarily a bachelor’s degree. Americans at that skill level are hard to find, executives contend. “They’re good jobs, but the country doesn’t have enough to feed the demand,” Mr. Schmidt said.

Its easy to condemn Bain for moving 170 jobs to China...Then you should condemn Apple and others for moving thousands of jobs for the same reasons detailed above. Condemn Obama for a entire term of inaction against China. He started to get "tough" only weeks ago...

But as Steven P. Jobs of Apple spoke, President Obama interrupted with an inquiry of his own: what would it take to make iPhones in the United States?

Not long ago, Apple boasted that its products were made in America. Today, few are. Almost all of the 70 million iPhones, 30 million iPads and 59 million other products Apple sold last year were manufactured overseas.

Why can’t that work come home? Mr. Obama asked.

Mr. Jobs’s reply was unambiguous. “Those jobs aren’t coming back,” he said

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I wish people would post source material I can use... I post news and headlines on my Facebook wall and I equally bash the left and right, Romney and Obama, but it's hard to take many of these sources seriously I get from ATS. Everyone has become so partisan, it's disgusting.

I think it's relevant what Bain does, particularly because Romney totes his experience there as why he should be President. Their behavior, whether he is in charge or not, is relevant. I also believe it's relevant that Obama through his pension in Illinois has money in this company. I want to post alink on my Facebook of Obama's connection here but every source I get has silly pictures of him and f#ing stupid headlines and name calling.

At least pretend to be professional.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Brilliantly stated. Every election this happens. Candidate A is tied to an "OMGZ teh worst scandel ever," and every election Candidate A doesn't suffer any actual blowback because of it.

Democrats are going to vote Democrat, no matter what Obama does.
Republicans are going to vote Republican, no matter what Romney does.

And, at this point, I would wager most Independents and third-party supporters have already made up their mind. We, as a people, are on to the "October Surprise" tactic, and it isn't as effectual as it used to be.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Staroth

Obama's little $100,000 (state retirement plan that contains shares of Sensata Technologies) is no where near Romney's 51%, $8 million invested in that company. Nice try! Anyone who lives there and retires could have shares of this company in their "state" retirement plan. Maybe even the people who work there now, this doesn't mean they have the control of 51% by any long shot!

Wrong. Romney has a total of $8 million invested in BAIN. Thats small potatoes when you consider Bain's $65 billion in assets. Bain owns 51% of Sensata..

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Good One !!

The Image and Story That Should Ruin Romney Obama .....

Politifact says "Mostly True" Romney says Obama also has investments in Chinese companies and through a Cayman Islands trust

Romney: "Mr. President, have you looked at your pension? Have you looked at your pension?"

Obama: "You know, I don’t look at my pension. It’s not as big as yours so it doesn’t take as long. I don’t check it that often."
I bet Obama looks every day !! He's not fool'n anybody !!

Romney: "Let me give you some advice. Look at your pension. You also have investments in Chinese companies. You also have investments outside the United States. You also have investments through a Caymans trust."
Buzzzz !!!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

"The Image and Story That Should Ruin Romney"

Actually, I think this is more "damaging" to the Obama Campaign.

The so called "independents" will see this story as just another weak attempt to discredit Romney.

That's exactly what the teeter totterers don't want to hear this close to the election.

The whole China thing has been gone over by both sides.

The big question mark in the "teeter people" is why hasn't Obama been able to do anything about the problem ?
They see a criticism but don't see the solution.

Regardless of what He can or can't do, voters' perception and expectations are paramount, not necessarily the realities.

Anyone with a brain understands that these are the ideals that Romney used to build his wealth with Bain. They also understand that such ideals are what is ruining America and it's economy.

You obviously agree that it is ok to ship our jobs abroad so the rich can get even richer. Thta is something that you will have to live with when the chips eventually fall.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Number one, Romney doesn't run Bain.
Number 2, Sensata is based in the Nederlands
Number 3, most of there business is in China.
Number 4, Bain doesn't own Sensata, they own 51% of the shares of Sensata.
Number 5, Romney transfered his Sensat shares to charity.
Number 6, Romney's holdings are in a blind trust.
Number 7, The key people running Bain Capital Investors are Joshua Bekenstein, John Connaughton, Paul Edgerly, Mark Nunnelly, Stephen Pagliuca, Jordan Hitch and Matthew Levin.The majority of these ‘key people’, who make decisions like closing Sensata, are Democrats who support Obama.

In 2008, Bekenstein gave over $200,000 to help Democrats get elected. He and his wife are listed as one of the Top Individual Contributors on OpenSecrets.org.

In 2010, Stephen Pagliuca ran against Martha Coakley in the Democratic primary for the special Senate seat election, the election that Scott Brown won.

In 2008, Jordan Hitch gave money to both the Obama campaign and to the Romney campaign.

In 2008, Mark Nunnelly gave thousands of dollars to Democratic candidates across the country, including Harry Reid.

In summation, another democrat lie pushed by SEIU.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Romney doesn't even have a pension.

reply to post by xuenchen

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
And you guys are worried about Romney... Did we forget we have a traitor president?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Add to that the FACT that the GOP blocked a bill that wanted to fix a job outsourcing loophole to pay for medical aid for 911 first responders (read: HEROS!!!) and you realise why voting for Romney is RETARDED. Well, at least unless you're a while millionaire/billionaire

If you are a rich white male who doesn't give a crap about the rest of the country...by all means, vote for Romney

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Wrong. Romney has a total of $8 million invested in BAIN. Thats small potatoes when you consider Bain's $65 billion in assets. Bain owns 51% of Sensata..

WRONG. Romney has enough control to stop what's happening! Why do you think the people are asking him personally??? Bain was a company he founded. Sensata is owned by Bain Capital.
It is held in a "blind trust" and the business plan is the same! (his tax returns showed that he gets more than $400,000 a week from Bain investments).
edit on 18-10-2012 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

WRONG. Romney has enough control to stop what's happening! Why do you think the people are asking him personally??? Bain was a company he founded. Sensata is owned by Bain Capital.
It is held in a "blind trust" and the business plan is the same! (his tax returns showed that he gets more than $400,000 a week from Bain investments).
edit on 18-10-2012 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

Incorrect.

Romney could ask, beg, plead, etc, and it would only work if the people that currently owned Bain felt inclined to listen.

Romney has no legal rights to any decision making at Bain, and Bain has no legal obligation to listen to Romney.
edit on 18-10-2012 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Its a shame the sheeple will never understand how the political parties are really just about the illusion of change. Both serve the same International bankers that control us.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join