It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Image and Story That Should Ruin Romney

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by rgzing

That was a circulated email that was a hoax ...

In July 2011, General Electric Co.(GE) announced that it was moving its X-ray business headquarters, consisting of FOUR executives, from Waukesha, Wisconsin, to Bejjing, China.

GE did NOT announce that it was moving the X-ray division itself to China and said they did not expect the move to result in any job losses among the 120 employees currently employed at the General Electric X-ray unit based in Waukesha, Wisconsin.

GE will develop X-ray products suited to the specific needs of the Chinese market but not at the cost of American jobs.

The truth is ...

Since 2009, GE has announced plans to create more than 15,500 American jobs and is building 15 new factories in the U.S. Just in 2011, GE added 10,000 new jobs. These high-value manufacturing jobs will produce jet engines, turbines, appliances and other goods.

I work at General Electric's Appliance Park in Louisville, KY. I have seen thousands from our community hired and millions invested to update these buildings from the 50s, streamlining manufacturing and new product lines.

Ours is not alone, many GE plants across the country are hiring new workers and investing millions in facilities, lines and products. On our internal network I have talked to people in the X-ray division in Waukesha, Wis. No one is losing jobs.

In fact GE is bringing jobs BACK from other countries, China and Mexico and building them right here in Kentucky. Hybrid Water Heaters and Washer and dryer pedestals from China and french door refrigerators from Mexico. I know because I am here WATCHING it happen.

As a Union member I am appalled seeing American Workers on the street being demoralized and degraded while losing their jobs, even today the long term good of this country is being sold out to make a buck.

The people and Corporations doing this has only one agenda, more and more money for themselves. The long term effects outsourcing jobs overseas does to this country and the people put out of work does not concern them.
edit on 18-10-2012 by Tazkven because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Threads like this are interesting, because you get to see people line up along partisan lines. So it goes.

Some people despise Obama; fair enough, I understand.

Some people despise Romney; fair enough, I understand.

Eventually, we have to get to the point of realizing that they are both unworthy of the position. Think about that: they are both unworthy of the position.

I think we all know that. So why do we let it go on?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
So let me get this straight.

In reality, Romney has absolutely nothing to do with management decisions at Sensata's Freeport plant .... right ?

And maybe some Obama policies have allowed this to happen ... Maybe ?

And are we hearing those affected employees blaming Romney or Obama ?

Who will they vote for now ?

Again I suggest, and will vote for the ONLY REAL OPTION: GARY JOHNSON and JUDGE GRAY

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Although I admit that Obama's relationships with black liberation theology have the potential to affect his leadership of this country, drinking heavily at college or womanizing have nothing to do with leading a country.
I respectfully disagree with your statements. Just because Obama knew and looked up to a man who quite a few people think is radically racist, it doesn't mean he practiced its doctrine. He just knew him at a time where he might have felt a void since his black father was not there for him.

In any case, IMO, Obama identifies more with white people than he does with black folks. Sure, his wife is black but so what. He talks all the time of his white mother and of his white grandparents. Those were the people who really made an impression in his life.

What does he get for that? Constant and incessant ridicule, marginalization and disrespect from many Americans. I kind of feel sad for Obama. White America feels threatened by his presence and position in office and black America still doesn't know where he stands, even after 4 years in office. His plight exemplifies the current state of race and politics in America.

He constantly has to prove himself, more so than any other president in the history of America. At what point will Americans talk the talk? At what point will they show the world they can finally judge a man by the content of his character and not by the color of his skin?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Wow, it is REALLY hard to spin propaganda to look like legit news.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Outsourcing is profitable. Corporations have a legal obligation to make money for their shareholders. Capitalism is about profit and not people. This is what you wanted. Please, stop complaining about capitalism if you're going to keep asking for it.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gentledissident

Unfortunately, there are many, many hurt people who strongly believe what this worker is saying here:

Tom Gaulrapp, an employee who’s operated machines at the Freeport factory for 33 years said he’s afraid he’ll go bankrupt after he loses his job on Nov. 5. “This goes to show the unbelievable hypocrisy of this man,” he said of Mr. Romney. “He talks about how we need to get tough on China and stop China from taking our jobs, and then he is making money off shipping our jobs there.”

Shipping American jobs to China
I agree with the premise of your statement but strongly disagree with the blatant hypocrisy coming from Romney's mouth.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This is basically what I have been preaching since learning Romney was running for president. People like this care about making money. That is what they do. Thus everything they do while in office will be directed, directly or indirectly, at helping big business make even more money. Do you know how much money many of these businesses made when Bush started the Iraq war?

The same thing for the Vietnam war. So many people stood to make so much money, that it could be argued that two Kennedys were assassinated. Romney will be Bush all over again. What did the Republicans do the last time they were in office, besides ruin our economy and send our troops to die overseas, so they could personally make money? Oh, and who can forget the Patriot Act, the slap in the face to all Americans. Romney will run this country even further into the ground, mark my words.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3chainz
Mitt Romney hates America and cannot be trusted to lead it. He wants to murderer America, like he did all those companies at Bain...and all those American jobs.

And here another ignorant and hateful statement from the left; emphasis on ignorant.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Nobody can be forced to train anyone...forced labour is against the law in the USA...I'd simply say "SUCK ON THIS ^$%^$HOLE" And walk out...what they're not gonna give me a severence? I never had one before big fat hairy boo hoo....I could not care less And I'd tell them that. Simply leave...no one can force you to provide any service period! I don't work for them I am just saying hypothetically....not this chick not ever!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
What's so fascinating about this on ATS is that if this exact same story was about Obama instead of Romney it would have double the flags by now and members would be going nuts calling Obama a communist sympathizer or implying various other conspiratorial, anti-American angles to the story, etc.

But, as it's the GOP nominee, there is little outrage for the red-blooded American Capitalist.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
THIS SHOULD BE SENT TO OBAMA IMMEDIATELY !

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
The Image and Story That Should Ruin Romney

To refresh your memory, the Bain-owned company, Sensata, is outsourcing Illinois jobs to China; employees want Mitt Romney to intervene. The soon-to-be-ex-workers have been forced to train their own Chinese replacements, and to add insult to injury, had to take down the American flag (added: temporarily). That’s right, Bain Capital forced Sensata to take down an American flag.

Note, earlier reports Sensata's Freeport plant took down the American flag and raised a Chinese one were incorrect - however, Sensata DID remove the American flag in deference to the Chinese trainees being brought in to the Freeport plant - of course, the real story is the fact that Bain Capital, using the very blueprint and business model Romney created, and which he will directly profit from, is forcing more American workers out of work, AND demanding they train their Chinese replacements.

Romney owns $8 million worth of Bain funds controlling 51% of Sensata shares, which it acquired - and is currently "harvesting" for profits.

VIDEO: Mitt Romney “should lose the election just on this issue.”

“This is a disgrace! [Mitt Romney] should lose the election just on this issue.”

“This can’t be the America we’re headed to. We’ve gotta stop this from happening.”

-- United Steelworkers’ Leo Gerard

From Dailykos;

Romney's Bain Capital did what they do best. They bought out a company called Sensata Tech and are in the process of outsourcing it to China.

They even brought in Chinese workers for the current employees to train. Yea, they were forced to train their own replacements.

And Bain Capital forced the company to take down their American flag and put up a Chinese flag while they trained them.

A Chinese flag was flying over a Bain-owned factory in Freeport, Illinois.

This is our economy if Romney wins.

From Crooks and Liars:

Right now in Freeport, Illinois, some 170 workers at an auto sensor plant are sleeping in tents to protest Bain-owned Sensata Technology’s decision to ship their jobs to China.

The company recently made factory officials take down the American flag when they were forced to train their Chinese replacement workers, according to Tom Gaulrapp, with the United Steelworkers Union.

That's un-American, my friends.

This is taking place as Mitt Romney tries to convince people to believe that he doesn’t know about Bain's shipping American jobs overseas. He is trying to distance himself from Bain Capital, a pioneer of outsourcing where Romney made a fortune as CEO.

Another employee losing her job, Mary Jo Kerr, is a young mom of three. She's heartbroken because she can’t afford dance lessons for her daughter. Another is Dot Turner, so close to retirement, but will not receive it. Instead Dot will get just 26 weeks’ severance for 43 years of work in the plant.

Listen to their stories in the video above, and be sure to note the Chinese flag flying in front of the plant at about 1:10 into the video...in Illinois.

The soon-to-be ex-workers, who were forced to train their own Chinese replacements, have set up a protest 'tent city' across the street from the Freeport, Illinois plant, calling it 'Bainport'. From the Ed Show, "Greetings from Bainport":

FINAL UPDATE: The #Sensata Story Could Destroy Romney

Update: A Chinese Flag Flying in Freeport, Illinois?

Is This Why Romney Won't Talk to Sensata Workers Whose Jobs Are Being Shipped to China?

Workers beg Romney to stop latest Bain outsourcing

As Romney Repeats Trade Message, Bain Maintains China Ties

Romney's Company Forces U.S. Flag to Be Lowered in Illinois

It took place as Chinese workers replaced U.S. workers losing their jobs.

(WASHINGTON DC) - (Link to follow up story posted below) If Mitt Romney is elected president, the American flag itself may actually be restricted from flying

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Sergeant Stiletto

Doing your part to reinforce the false paradigm of Left vs. Right that was set into motion in order control weak minded Americans into supporting their own enslavement by convincing them that they are free because they can vote for one of two people they tell us we can vote for.

Ohhh how easy it is to trigger that fight or flight mechanism and put people into survival mode where they are willing to argue to the death over which person's team is going to enslave them less.

I am stunned,shocked, and saddened at how many people there are who are buying into this trap for the simple minded. I expect it from the general brain dead,high functioning retards whom are the majority in this country but somehow I figured ATS was exempt because of the nature of what we discuss here on a regular basis. What a sneeky creature that EGO is. Its job is to protect and defend weak minds NO MATTER WHAT!!

My team is better than YOUR team no matter what!

Anyone who still buys into this whole false left right paradigm is actively helping to enslave us even further.
Because of the affore mentioned EGO and the fight or flight mechanisms it is resposible for you are probably going to take my words as some sort of a threat and want to defend yourself with a counter attack to my percieved attack.

Can we skip all of that?

Please wake up.
It is so important that you stop this nonsense of trying to prove how much the other team sucks.
I know you don't realize how you sound.
There is no way you can.
But, after you wake up from this false paradigm you WILL.
You will look back on these posts and realize just how foolish and rediculous you sounded.

They are BOTH corrupt POS!
They want only MORE and MORE power and MORE and MORE money and MORE and MORE control!!!

Control over YOU and ME!!

These people don't give two squirts of piss about the American economy.
They wish only to serve their masters and do their bidding.

How is it that you people don't see this?
edit on 18-10-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Problem is, the neo cons who think Romney is the better choice won't listen to anything like this.

They're only voting for him "because he's not Obama".

The least likeable candidate in history.

This is exactly appropriate to the term " jumping out of the frying pan into the fire." Our government needs an overhaul and it won't happen from the president's seat.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

""Blatant ad-hominen attack""
It was not...go back to logic school.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

"" I am stunned,shocked, and saddened ...for the simple minded. ""

No my friend you are Screwed.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

Right you are.
If people don't knock this # off on a hurry,
I won't be the only one who is screwed.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

Are
you
a
hater
to
come
up
with
drivel
this?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

"""And that's why we say....ba bab ba bab ba bab ba bab ba baby. """
from the Guess Who, Friends of Mine, @ 1973
Lock and load one eight round clip of 7.62 mm,
168 grain hollow point boattail into your M1Garand.
Shooters, watch your lane. Rules of engagement.
edit on 18-10-2012 by slugger9787 because: to credit the lyrics

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by slugger9787

Right you are.
If people don't knock this # off on a hurry,
I won't be the only one who is screwed.

I am looking for an answer, a solution,

Ignoring the left and the right wont fix the problem, do you have a solution or do we just sit back and take it?

I don't trust politician, and since Obama has been in office I trust them even less, at some point our glorious leaders became traitors and as far as I am concerned they all need to go.

Why are they so quiet? Have you noticed how quiet the congressional snake pit is during this election cycle?

I am sticking by my, "WE have been infiltrated by the enemy," theory.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join