It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Image and Story That Should Ruin Romney

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
What's astonishing to me is that ideology trumps self interest in the conservative mindset.

Mitt could BBQ and eat children and the rightwingers would somehow twist that into an anti Obama rant, or attack the source, instead of dealing with the actual story.

perhaps another reading of this www.abovetopsecret.com...

might help the offenders.

Pay special attention to 17 & 18
edit on 17-10-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3chainz
Mitt Romney hates America and cannot be trusted to lead it. He wants to murderer America, like he did all those companies at Bain...and all those American jobs.

How is Romney planning to "murderer" America? Please share your sources. I am truly interested to learn more about this new thing.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I see you edited your post to reflect the truth, instead of your original FOX-derived half-truths. Obama has a retirement plan through the state of Illinois (where he served as a senator), the state retirement fund has money in Sensata which is (or was) an Illinois company.

Now look at Romney's ownership.

He has $8 million invested into the Bain fund which controls 51% of Sensata. He derives a 450,000/week income from his Bain holdings.

He has as much as $250,000 in the Bain Capital Asia Fund and as much as $1 million each in Bain Capital Funds IX and X, all Cayman Islands entities used by Bain to make sizable investments in China, according to the 2012 candidate financial disclosures and confidential Bain prospectuses obtained by The Times through a public records request.

As Romney Repeats Trade Message, Bain Maintains China Ties
(nytimes.com)

Romney and Bain have a deep connection to China and exporting of American jobs to there. Read the above article for a great deal more.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

What's astonishing to me is that ideology trumps self interest in the conservative mindset.

Mitt could BBQ and eat children and the rightwingers would somehow twist that into an anti Obama rant, or attack the source, instead of dealing with the actual story.

perhaps another reading of this www.abovetopsecret.com...

might help the offenders.

What's more astonishing is the ignorance of cold hard facts regarding Bain's position with Sensata and Romney's meager holdings in Bain. .0123%. Simple math will tell you this story is Bunk.

I'm done. One with your bash fest and lies!!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Further de-regulate wallstreet, banks, and corporations. Offshore drilling. Give millions in tax cuts to multi-billion dollar companies. Give tax cuts to the rich. More trickle down economics that visibly does not work.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by jibeho

I see you edited your post to reflect the truth, instead of your original FOX-derived half-truths. Obama has a retirement plan through the state of Illinois (where he served as a senator), the state retirement fund has money in Sensata which is (or was) an Illinois company.

Now look at Romney's ownership.

He has $8 million invested into the Bain fund which controls 51% of Sensata. He derives a 450,000/week income from his Bain holdings.

He has as much as $250,000 in the Bain Capital Asia Fund and as much as $1 million each in Bain Capital Funds IX and X, all Cayman Islands entities used by Bain to make sizable investments in China, according to the 2012 candidate financial disclosures and confidential Bain prospectuses obtained by The Times through a public records request.

As Romney Repeats Trade Message, Bain Maintains China Ties
(nytimes.com)

Romney and Bain have a deep connection to China and exporting of American jobs to there. Read the above article for a great deal more.

I edited a typo

Did you miss this part of my first post

Based on the fact that Romney owns $8 million in Bain, and Bain owns 51% of Sensata, they conclude Romney is the evil puppetmaster demanding jobs be outsourced – except they don’t tell you that Bain has $65 billion in assets under management. Since Math is so hard for the side that has Biden as the intellectual center, here you go – Romney owns the equivalent of .0123% of Bain assets. Great job geniuses!

Or this in my first unedited post

For many sophisticated and wealthy investors, as well as for ordinary workers invested in pension funds, China is a part of any diversified investment strategy. President Obama, a former Illinois state senator, has as much as $100,000 in a state retirement plan that contains shares of Sensata Technologies, the same auto parts company controlled by Bain that is closing its Illinois factory.

Oh… it would seem that this is a non-story then, right?

Not when you’re snorting bathsalts. The liberals are dedicated to spreading this smear while ignoring the obvious problems with the criticism, including the fact that one of Obama’s most prolific fundraising bundler headed Bain during the closing of GST steel, the other attempt to derail the Romney campaign with lies.

You're repeating everything I already posted. Good Job

.0123% in BAIN!!! Hello... Bain manages $65 billion in assets and Romney owns $8 million in Bain. Not much there in the big picture. Plus Bain acquired Sensata (a former TI division) years after Romney was gone from Bain.

Nice Try!

Who by the way is the "they" who think Romney is the evil puppetmaster?
is it George Soros??
edit on 17-10-2012 by jibeho because: for flippin clarity.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3chainz
reply to post by jibeho

Further de-regulate wallstreet, banks, and corporations. Offshore drilling. Give millions in tax cuts to multi-billion dollar companies. Give tax cuts to the rich. More trickle down economics that visibly does not work.

You sound just like the Obama campaigner who knocked at my door on Sunday. Good Job!

Govt. does not generate Wealth or Jobs! Just in case you missed that part of Econ 101 (Unless you live in the greater D.C. Bubble where Unicorns roam free in the parks)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Good job ignoring all the points in the post and proceeding with ad-homs mixed in with right wing talking points.

Ps. Mitt Romney's economic plan doesn't create wealth either, it destroys it.....unless you're already a multi-millionaire.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

Ad Homs?? Really.

Actually, I just can't respond to gibberish.... I heard enough last night from Obama and you are just parroting everything he said last night.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

Still waiting for you to document how Romney hates America and plans to "Murderer" America.... Your opinion is surely based on facts right? Facts you can source....

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Gibberish? I'll make it very simple for you then.

Mitt Romneys plan = trickle down economics
Trickle down = does not work, it creates a further wealth gap between the poor and the rich and does not create jobs.

^ Fact.

That is how Mitt Romney is going to destroy America.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Tax Cuts For The Rich Don't Lead To U.S. Economic Growth, But Income Inequality: Study

A new study from the Congressional Research Service - a non-partisan government group that provides analysis to Congress - will likely fuel the already bitter political fight.The report concludes that tax cuts for the rich don't seem to be associated with economic growth and instead are linked to a different outcome: greater income inequality in the U.S.

www.ibtimes.com...

Romney Tax Plan: Many Happy Returns for Big Oil

1. The Romney-Ryan plan gives the big five oil companies a $2.3 billion tax cut above and beyond existing tax loopholes

2. Romney plan gives Americans’ lands and waters to dirty energy interests

3. Romney and Ryan would cede clean energy innovation, exports to China, Germany, other nations. They outsource energy jobs to our greatest competitors.

4. Romney plan won’t reduce oil and gasoline prices

5. Romney and Ryan support continuing mercury contamination from power plants

www.americanprogressaction.org...
edit on 17-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

Romney wants to make a permanent 20% across the board cut in the marginal tax rate. That's Good

He also wants to eliminate taxes for taxpayers with average gross income below $200,000 on interest, dividends, and capital gains. That's good for anyone in the middle class with investments and savings

He also wants to eliminate the death tax. Also excellent for all Americans who often have to deal with the bloody process of estate settlement after a loved one dies. Plenty of aging baby boomers out there...

Furthermore, he wants to cut the corporate tax rate to 25%. A good move for our country. So good that Obama even wants to cut the rate.

All Good to me...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Two things no one should ever argue about.

Politics & Politics.

Vote for Obama = 4 years of struggle, hardship and more debt.

Vote for Mitt = 4 years of struggle, oh you know the rest.....

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
. Guess you can't defend Romney, Bain Capital or their actions with Sensata so you instead prefer to attack the sources reporting it.

I didn't 'attack the sources'. I stated a fact. The only sources were from the left. It would have been a better thread if sources were used that weren't all left wing. It would have had more ooooomph. And I have never defended Romney with Sensata ... :shk:

You missed the whole point of what I said. The thread is 'the story that should ruin romney'. My point is that there have been a lot of stories that should have ruined a lot of people but, instead, they became president anyways. People just don't seem to care about the stories that SHOULD ruin the candidates. THAT is the point. Get it??

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Those sources aren't Left, they are Liberal leaning... Liberal is Center not Left.
Get it?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Romney understands this whole operation with China. He deals with them almost exclusively So understanding them as he does, it's only right for him to say that he will get tough on China. He's seen how they work, knows their needs, and understands their weaknesses. He'll make a deal. and he'll want a cut. carried interest low tax rate. Off shore that with an account number. He would be the first president with a side business, equity manager. Everybody would answer to Mitt, because he knows how to make money.

Suppose this were to become Romney's vision. Get tough with China. Open Chinese markets to American goods. Make the field competitive and then manage the American Industrial Resurgence. to new levels of prosperity supplying China's growing consumer market. Happy days are here again.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Sources ... Daily Kos, Occupy, Huffington Post and New York Times. All Left Wing Bias.

Oh yes, we have heard this song and dance before -

The source does not change the facts.

The Romney cabal took a profitable US company and shipped them out.
edit on 17-10-2012 by campanionator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
like it matters, as soon as either of them have the golden ticket, kiss those jobs goodbye, sucker for believeing in either of them.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You spouted a lot of misdirections there. First you (or more accurately, the right-wing talking points) are attempting to equate Obama's pension fund through the state of Illinois with Romney's Bain Capital investments. Pension funds are not the driving force in closing down Sensata and re-opneing it in China with Chinese workers - BAIN CAPITAL and ONLY Bain Capital is. This is one of those "you do it, too" tactics by trying to make it seem like Obama owns shares in Sensata as well. He doesn't. He has between $50,000 and $100,000 in a pension fund from the State of Illinois. (and not, as you claimed, $100,000 in Sensata itself). While the pension fund has shares in Sensata (as I'm sure many other retirement/insurance/mutual funds do), these are minority shareholders not the force behind outsourcing. Again, Obama has a pension fund, the pension fund owns shares in Sensata, versus Romney, with $8 million invested in Bain funds controlling 51.6% of Sensata. There's a big difference.

Obama Pension Fund Equated To Bain Capital Investments During Romney's Debate Defense

Second: As far as Bain "only" owning 51.6% of Sensata - that's all it needs to proceed with the outsourcing of Sensata to the Chinese. They don't need to own 100% of it - just have the controlling interest. Bain specifically sought the controlling interest. The effort of outsourcing is coming from Bain, and it is the business model pioneered by Romney and it is his legacy.

Third: You attempt to grossly minimize Romney and his still significant investments with Bain Capital.

Romney's retirement account, on the other hand, includes investments worth up to $30 million in a company he used to run. Those investments are actively managed for his and his wife's personal financial benefit. And while Romney claims he has no control over the blind trust that manages his retirement account, it is hard to see how those investments would differ much if he were in charge.

The $8 million in Bain funds Romney held for 2011 are only what he filed taxes on, but as seen in his leaked Bain documents obtained by Gawker, Romney uses a lot of AIVs or Alternative Investment Vehicles to shelter or hide his tax obligation offshore. We already know he uses his IRA account to dump bain stocks which resulted in a staggering $100 million 'retirement' account.

Equity Swaps, AIVs, and Mitt Romney’s Other Tax-Dodging Tricks

The fact remain, Romney is heavily invested in his former company, and as it's founder he shaped the very outsourcing legacy Bain Capital is living up to. His indifference to the plight of Sensata workers in Freeport is telling, as his former company is making these workers train their Chinese replacements - and it didn't help when the plant removed the American flag while those Chinese trainees were there.

There's a whole other issue looming over this latest example of outsourcing to China - one of which is the communist-party subsidizing or ownership of some of the companies Bain Capital invests in, and the other is the demand by China that American technology firms outsourcing jobs there provide the technology including patents to the Chinese government.

China’s Innovation Policies – The Real Danger for the U.S Economy?

U.S. experts and politicians are starting to hone into the ‘dangers’ of R&D and technology transfers to China, as the most serious long-term threat to the U.S. economy and national security. U.S. comparative advantage (innovation and new technologies) is being undermined by outsourcing of manufacturing to China, the relocation of R&D facilities to Chinese tech-parks, the forced technology transfers required for access to the Chinese market, and the continuing theft and lack of government enforcement of intellectual property rights (IPR)… all this according to witnesses testifying at a U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission (USCC) hearing last week. (Testimonies available at the USCC website – transcripts of the hearing to follow)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join