It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Mr. Romney, Rich People Do Not Create Jobs

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

I started my business with £50.
reply to post by detachedindividual

There-in lies the rub. There is no way that you could start a successful business in the US with $80 or so US dollars, unless you are insane. The liability insurance alone, would run into the thousands of dollars every year, and incorporating, taxes, record-keeping alone would double that, as recurring expenses. I did successfully start and run a business, and I did it right, by the book, and all I can say to you is "No way in the US could you do that, and sleep at night".

Let's see...

Business Permit.
Business License
You need this permit to start your business. $49

Home Occupation Permit
You need this permit to start your business.
LLC Starts at $199 ( complete package)
Assumed Business Name Certificate - Starts at $119
Incorporation Starts at $199 ( complete package)
Business License $49
Tax ID Number Starts at $29 ( complete package)
Seller's Permit Starts at $39 ( complete package)
State EIN Starts at $79 ( complete package)
Federal EIN $29 ( complete package)
Business Company Name Search Starts at $9 ( complete package)

So... at least $730 to start a small business with nothing in inventory, and no rent for business location.
Source
edit on 2012-10-18 by tomten because: added more

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomten

Originally posted by beezzer
Why do people feel entitled to anything they didn't earn?

Many "wealthy" people started out working long hours with great risk to their financial security for years.

If the wealthy don't create jobs, I'm guessing that the answer would be government, yes?

If that's the case, then embrace big government. I, for one, will be working to make government accountable AND SMALLER.

Personal responsibility. Embrace it.

Beezzer, you are totaly correct on this issue.

Rich people is the only ones able to create jobs.
Because Poor people can't even handle their own economy.

Really?
Is you sure?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Romney is correct when he says China is cheating.

Takes one to know one, Mr Romney, you outsourcing business vulture off-shore Cayman Islands multi-millionaire CHEATER. Ugghh. People, really???? Is it just you think you'll get to be as rich as he is someday if he's in charge?

LOL.
No. You're fooling yourselves. With great wealth comes great responsibility to ENSURE THE SAFETY AND WELL-BEING of those on whom you DEPEND for that wealth. Stop rampant global trade. The impossible solution.

Keep business local.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Whyyyyyyyyyy are you so thickheaded!? UGH! The wealthy are SUPPOSED to be the job creators, they're doing great have been for a while, the current loopholes allow for them to be taxed at negative tax rates up to what max 17%? Soooooo where are the jobs? In China never to return! Why? Because no sane business logic is ever going to let them pay more for labor than they have to, and in China they barely have to pay at all. There could be no Corporate Tax rate and guess what? Those jobs still won't return, they are never going to pay a decent wage ever again.

So, if you can acknowledge that given what is the solution? What do we do now?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

Romney = An expert businessman who will create millions of new jobs
IN CHINA.

I don't understand how you all can overlook his proven track record of COSTING PEOPLE their jobs!!

What makes you think he will do it differently? If he wins, is he going to re-source those jobs already lost? Is he going to insist that no more outsourcing to sweat-factory, concentration camps abroad take place?

Hhahhha hahahahaaa.

NO, He is NOT. I heard him spew some crap about "jobs coming back". No, they won't come back. It's a done deal...it's the NWO.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The video and the link in the OP are very instructive. Some of what the guy in the vid is
saying is arguable.
I disagree with the statement "rich people don't create jobs". Of course they do.
This reminds me of Obama's "you didn't build it" philosophy. It's just silly.
People go off on tangents. The "seed" analogy is relevant, but if I invent a product that becomes successful, invest my own money to manufacture it, and hire a dozen people to fill positions, who created those jobs?
I did. Not the government, not 'the economy"...me. Of course, you're welcome to argue that point.

Obviously, the economy needs the working-class earners to buy the goods that the
rich people manufacture. It's a co-dependency. When you really take a look at the big picture, the working-class is the real heart of the machine. The working class has carried the weight of our economy all along. The working-class is owed the greatest thanks for making it all run.

This rabid hating of wealthy people and corporations is ridiculous. I'm hearing more and more people on a daily basis spouting this philosophy that wealth automatically means 'evil'. I heard some guy on the radio the other day say: "If you're wealthy, somewhere along the line you did something illegal, unethical, or both."
As if all poor people were somehow 'noble' simply because they're not wealthy. It's all a textbook example of people letting others think for them. It's disturbing.
The people who rant about the evil rich are the same people who, if they won the lottery, would instantly become what they claim to hate. They'd immediately go shopping for a big house and a nice car and drop their "eat the rich" idealogy like it was a steaming turd.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
In all the BS being spouted here we are missing a single important point: If there are no people who can afford a product then it can not be sold. This is the problem. Demand is what creates jobs, if there is no demand because the people are too poor then you have no jobs.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

That video clip is brilliant. Just the easiest and obvious explanation of exactly why this economy did so well in the late 1990's. If people selling stuff have no one with money to buy their stuff, then the lowest tax rates possible - or even no taxes at all - won't save their business from failure. It's just that simple. Couple that with the fact that in this nation (United States) the government outsources nearly everything it does to private sector suppliers, vendors, and contractors, then the idea of "strangling government in its crib" becomes economic suicide.

In Europe, the big international banks have bullied nations into crippling recession with draconian austerity commitments, and the losses in fiscal - and as a result - national sovereignty for some have been devastating and an increasingly obvious security threat. If the US succumbs to that same mania, then there will be no nation left on earth to challenge the enormous power and wealth of the global elite. Especially with their obvious alliance with the Chinese government to establish slave labor work camps disguised as "outsourced American manufacturing facilities".

These monsters need to bring the US to its financial knees and eliminate all future prosperity and security for its youth, so that the military becomes the only reasonable career option if your family isn't already listed within the top 10%. They'll keep pushing to turn us into a global super power version of Sparta by bankrupting us into submission, and taking all major industry options away from our society. They've already taken the manufacturing and assigned it to China and its satellites, and they're working to set up the IT and middle management sector in India (where the culture is much more amenably evolved relative to middle management and customer service than in America). The upper level management will remain in Great Britain (C-level management) and Germany/Switzerland (banking), and the "research and development" will continue to be expanded in Africa and S. America, where "efforts" can be carried on without interruption, as they have for decades, without the prying eyes and meddling attention of "do-gooders".

Once the US is financially collapsed, the offer that it can't refuse will be made (be the world's police force or starve) the rest of the global one-world government will be ready to be labeled and implemented. And God help anyone that decides to resist. The phrase "It takes breaking a few eggs to make an omelet" was coined by the kind of folks who will be in charge. Ten thousand heroes here, a hundred thousand there...just eggs. After all, the US can already vaporize any opposing society on this planet. It's only through self restraint that it gets bogged down in any war effort. Without that restraint, no conflict would ever last more than a weekend.

The only chance for avoiding this is to allow the US to battle back against the "austerity" strategy that's got the other world's democracies on their knees right now. You people are scared of the one-world government. Well, once the US loses its options, as a result of completely collapsing under the GOP's rabid austerity mania, that fight will be history. It'll only be a matter of a few years after that.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
What we need to do is figure out a way to remove the need for greed. Where we all have a role and in return you get what you need and most of what you want. We have the capability, knowledge and resources to allow everyone on this earth to live a better life than even the best standards that exists today. Greed is what keeps it all from happening. Profit and money should not be used to stop us from doing what is best for us as a whole.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I love it how people that complain about lack of jobs, poor unemployment, low wages are the ones that buy Apple products and happily give their mommys and daddys money to Apple and Chinese manufacturers. Than, they all vote for Obama. Love those "stickers" on cars of hippies "Buy American", inside the car an Ipod, Ipad, Iphone and an Apple laptop.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Romney was a Troubleshooter for Corporations. I worked for one for 14 years so i know how they work. They are called in to fix companies on the verge of bankruptcy. They go in and crunch the numbers, employee evaluations and look for ways to save the company. China cheats by flooding the market with cheap goods that America can't compete with. The company has a choice. Lay off 20 out of 400 employees and outsource part of their operation or shut it down and create 400 unemployed. Prevent China from cheating and jobs will come back. 7 out of 10 GM vehicles are built in other countries since Obama took GM over. He has outsourced more jobs in 4 years than Romney has in his lifetime. Deal with China and problem solved. As it is today you outsource or fail. There is no inbetween or alternative the way things are.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I don't see how this can be the case when most working class people um, well we use daycare or babysitters, hire lawn maintenance and take our cars to mechanics and we also hire people to clean our homes, take care of our pets, um there's probably a long list somewhere. Anyhow, I cleaned residential homes and saw a lot of middle class mostly in fact middle class working class people's homes because they work so many hours they didn't have the time to do their cleaning alone. I also saw rich peoples homes, and they're usually the people sitting at the home watching you clean their home. Not that it's important, I'm just saying. To think they're the only job creators is short sighted...and self rightous of them...IMHO.
edit on 18-10-2012 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

And you think Romney is going to actually do something about that? Please, don't make me laugh. The crap both of these candidates spew is more "Yellow Peril" BS. They have no intention of doing anything about it. If they actually did something about it American's would scream about how expensive their trinkets are.

Let's be real, no one wants these problems solved unless they are the ones suffering. If you are comfortable you don't care what the lower or upper classes are doing. So many of you really don't care.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

the textile industry was one of the first to lose their place in america, and this was long before china was in the picture.
the area I am currently living seems to have had some pretty big textile companies in days gone by...

they are gone, much of what is needed to produce is now gone, the factories are either sitting gathering dust or are being turned into apartment complexes and such.
if we say good-bye to china, and those other companies that we saw our jobs fly off to over the past few decades, more like 40 or so years....and this will more than likely happen as the dollar dwindles in value across the globe..

just how will be obtain our goods??
the industry here is gone for the most part, it would need to be resurrected somehow.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Romney was a Troubleshooter for Corporations. I worked for one for 14 years so i know how they work. They are called in to fix companies on the verge of bankruptcy.

The idea is to HELP THE BUSINESS OWNERS learn to do it with what they have and then accept a fee for doing so.... not "buy" the company and then send jobs to "cheater China" because it's cheaper, and reap the profits and STICK THEM IN AN OFF-SHORE ACCOUNT!!!

A Cheater who Uses the Cheaters' Cheating to Profitably CHEAT?!!! This is a Presidential figure???

Yeah, great guy.

/rant

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

No, I'm old. I would like my children to have the opportunity to succeed though. Obama has money overseas and just bought a 35 million dollar home in Hawaii. His brother lives in a 6x6 mud hut in Kenya. He does not care about you, he is going to get his and bail on America. Romney knows how to fix China's cheating and will do so. Obama talks a lot but does nothing to fix anything. He does not know how to compromise to get things done. Romney does. When Romney takes office there will be an economic boom. This administration is strangling our economy with regulation and the largest tax increase in American history.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by jimmiec

Romney was a Troubleshooter for Corporations. I worked for one for 14 years so i know how they work. They are called in to fix companies on the verge of bankruptcy.

The idea is to HELP THE BUSINESS OWNERS learn to do it with what they have and then accept a fee for doing so.... not "buy" the company and then send jobs to "cheater China" because it's cheaper, and reap the profits and STICK THEM IN AN OFF-SHORE ACCOUNT!!!

A Cheater who Uses the Cheaters' Cheating to Profitably CHEAT?!!! This is a Presidential figure???

Yeah, great guy.

/rant

And on the other side you have Obama imposing dramatically increased regulations, fees, and taxes on businesses. Add to that his comment in the debate that he doesn't want those kinds of low paying jobs and that they are gone forever... Neither is offering a good solution.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Can someone please define "rich"? Is it someone who has made a million over the years? Is it someone making 200k a year? I am just seeing a disconnect somewhere because different numbers are thrown around, and they mean different things to different classes.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Trickle down economics works.

The trouble is, our current system has a major hole in the pipelines. It is no secret that what should be trickling down to American citizens is going overseas. THAT is the problem. The solution is not to tax the rich more. The wealthy people and companies are the ones who are going to hire. We just need to find a way to encourage them to hire Americans.

Our country has become ridiculously dependent on foreign countries. Our country has deteriorated into a dependent that does not know how to fend for itself, and would fall apart if other countries, especially China, decided to pull the plug on us. Right now, China could start charging anything they want for most items used in manufacturing, as well as manufactured goods, and we would be stuck paying it, because there is no way to get it "Made in the USA".

Trickle down works just fine - if you trickle down to where it belongs - here in the USA, to our people who need jobs.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I dont have the time or energy to address every peice of stupid in this thread.
I really dont care if you all can understand this beyond the simple fact that its testement to the impact that leftist have had on the education system of the US that this much economic ignorance can be cramed into such a short space.

I will just start and end with this statement.

If you think that you have a right to the money that the 1% have then why dont you get a gun and go take it from them?
Accoding to all of you they were all just born with that money sitting around waiting for them to spend it. They really didnt EARN it. Its not really theirs right? Their father just stole it from all the poor sweatshop workers who toiled away in the lint mines for him. So you hav ejust as much right to that money as they do right?
SO take it! Gouge out their eyes and take back whats yours!

Once you leeches are all dead or in prison we may actually be able to get this thing turned around.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join