It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Mr. Romney, Rich People Do Not Create Jobs

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Here are another few numbers and figures to discuss:

It might be hard to see the "source" at the bottom, but it says:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
This is the most ill-informed attempt at spin I have ever witnessed on this site. Down with the rich! Idiocy at its finest.

edit on 17-10-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The rich create jobs in China,India and Africa but pay peanuts. How do those people get ahead while getting paid so low a wage. These corporations want the biggest profit so the wage gap is getting bigger everywhere in the west. Unions are getting crushed therefore wages will get lower at some point. Education getting too expensive so only the rich will get an education(knowledge is power)..This is leading to lords and surfs. This is an age old problem ones with the money want more money to have control to buy and take over and leave everyone else with nothing. Americans have been fed the line you can make it everyone has the same opportunity but do they really. Look at walmart it destroyed small town business. That small business owner was doing good until a bigger fish came along and took everything. Ones with the most money get what they want regardless of who they crush. China has the money now Lenovo bought IBM and it is buying many corporations around the world as well as land. We might be working for Chinese wages and making phones for the rich and middle class in China the next empire. They might take over with out a war as they will own everything.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Are you rich? And by that definition, do you specifically clear after taxes more than one million dollars per year?

If not, why aren't you rich?

Why are you defending the people richer than you, when you will never be able to be as rich as them?

Please, enlighten me.
edit on 17-10-2012 by MystikMushroom because: emphasis baby!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
The problem is, the wealthy already have lots of money to invest in new companies. Why aren't they doing it? Demand. Their own customers can't afford the products they are selling, so why hire more people?

You ever work for a poor man?

The problem is that the president is saying 250k, BUT lumps everyone above that into the same pool as billionaires. Billionaires will not save anything...tax them 100% they will not save anything. This is all too big for a small group to save, and it will get bigger to where even ALL of America will not save it.

Since about 70% of America work for SMALL businesses that means 70% of the country do not work for billionaires, or even millionaires for that matter. So a guy makes 500k per year and has 200 employees if we tax the crap out of him and his business it doesn't grow and he doesn't expand. If he doesn't expand there are no new jobs, and could easily end up being lesser jobs. The company I work for has no billionaires and no one making a million per year, and in 2008 we were 1000 employees, today there are 800.

This is what Romney is talking about... 1000s of these types of businesses, all Obama can talk about is TWO companies that make cars...who cares!! That means little to the rest of America, and it is funny that one of those companies is now owned by an Italian Car Company and the other will still go bankrupt in the next few years.

YES!! America is saved!!

edit on 18-10-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by ABNARTY

Such a defeatist attitude! Anyone can succeed. It is not a falicy, it is not something you need the government to help you with.

People can do it, people DO do it, every day!

I think you misunderstood what ABNARTY was trying to say. I didn't take him or her as saying that one needs the government to help one succeed....I took it as him or her saying that a lot of success depends on your location, natural talents, education level, luck and the combination of some of those factors. Which I completely agree with.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

The problem is, the wealthy already have lots of money to invest in new companies. Why aren't they doing it? Demand. Their own customers can't afford the products they are selling, so why hire more people?

You ever work for a poor man?

The problem is that the president is saying 250k, BUT lumps everyone above that into the same pool as billionaires. Billionaires will not save anything...tax them 100% they will not save anything. This is all too big for a small group to save, and it will get bigger to where even ALL of America will not save it.

Since about 70% of America work for SMALL businesses that means 70% of the country do not work for billionaires, or even millionaires for that matter. So a guy makes 500k per year and has 200 employees if we tax the crap out of him and his business it doesn't grow and he doesn't expand. If he doesn't expand there are no new jobs, and could easily end up being lesser jobs. The company I work for has no billionaires and no one making a million per year, and in 2008 we were 1000 employees, today there are 800.

This is what Romney is talking about... 1000s of these types of businesses, all Obama can talk about is TWO companies that make cars...who cares!! That means little to the rest of America, and it is funny that one of those companies is now owned by an Italian Car Company and the other will still go bankrupt in the next few years.

YES!! America is saved!!

Emphasis mine.

Let's see some numbers on small business owners. This is an international statistic. Don't get to excited, we're at the bottom.

edit on 18-10-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

reply to post by AwakeinNM

Are you rich? And by that definition, do you specifically clear after taxes more than one million dollars per year?

If not, why aren't you rich?

Why are you defending the people richer than you, when you will never be able to be as rich as them?

Please, enlighten me.
edit on 17-10-2012 by MystikMushroom because: emphasis baby!

There has been no economic growth in the United States for over 30 years. You don't have actual growth when debt increases are greater than growth increases. This is simple math.

All the other crap you're whining about is a waste of time.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Let's see some numbers on small business owners. This is an international statistic. Don't get to excited, we're at the bottom.

Wow nice cherry pick 1 to 50 employees...the company I work for has 800 and is still a small business.

It is also nice to list countries that we have cities larger in population....lol

What I am talking about are businesses that do not have people making more than 1 million per year working there...no one....

This accounts for a very large number of America's employment.

This is what Ronmey is talking about....This is who Obama has been killing...call it class warfare or whatever, Obama has not help these people...Dude look around at how many people are hurting.

LOL BTW do you see who is at the top? You chart means crap and if you can't tell that by looking at Greece at the top of your chart you and I have little to debate...
extra DIV

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Not only Greece, the top 4 are the most troubled countries in Europe.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
The reason trickle down is a failure is because of unbridled greed. Trickle down does create jobs, but only in 3rd world slave labor markets. If you can get away with paying a person in a week or day what someone here makes in an hour, you will do it. No amount of deregulation or tax breaks will change that. The FED continues to annihilate the dollar, and the cost of living keeps going up. We just can't compete with those wages.

How in the world can we even begin to change that? Tariffs on imports? Not when lobbyists bribe politicians into tricking their constituents.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Wow.

I'm glad people are talking. I'm just presenting numbers. If you have some you'd like to share, I'd like to look at those too!

This is what we need to be doing. There are a lot of bright people here, and I think we need to be discussing the issues and not the front men behind them.

Here's another graphic that represents how middle incomes have remained stagnate, and the very, very elite have profited quite well!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I disagree with the entire premise.
You would do. You show yourself only too ready to twist what is being said to suit your own agenda.

Hating the rich, demanding from the rich with which you haven't earned. It's an entitlement mentlity.
I never read where he states or shows hatred for the rich so you are again introducing your version without considering what has been written at all.

Not ONCE did I see/read anything about personal responsibility, taking responsibility for your own actions, your own future.

No neither do I. I see you taking no responsibility to enter in debate on what is written not what you have decided is written and fits your agenda. Goading the OP into your argument instead of really addressing his.

I don’t see any responsibility being shown by the bankers that destroyed the economy’s of many countries through personal greed and overblown egos

I don’t see any responsibility being taken by the politicians that send our kids overseas to die and get maimed in foreign lands in illegal wars

I see no responsibility taken by multinationals that off shore jobs for the sake of increased profit or pay minimum wage whatever the profit their staff’s work helps generate. That make huge profits in the very countries they avoid paying taxes in.

The 1% that owns the world’s money show no responsibility for the chaos they cause by wanting to own everything. They are not the only ones that want to profit from hard work and build a future, a future their greed denies many in this world.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by Red Cloak
They call it trickle down economics because it means that the rich are pissing on everyone else.
By your logic, the POTUS version would be a sprinkler economics as everyone has the same right and thus they all be pissing on each other and collectively work towards a common goal?

I didn't use any logic at all. I simply explained what the phrase trickle down economics means. It is obvious that very few people know what it actually refers to.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Playing the "victim" card. If we're in this together, then everyone should be shouldering the tax burden, not just those with more money.
Nope it is you that is playing the victim card. The tax take of the working class is a far greater percentage than that of the tax avoiding rich.

Tell me. All those made unemployed by the bankers greed and manipulation of interest rates and markets. What are they if they are not victims?

Justifying stealing from the wealthy hurts them.
It is not stealing from the rich. It is expecting those that make money in our countries to pay their taxes in those countries

I'm doing just fine, thank you. Hopefully someday soon I will be one of the wealthy you despise.
With your attitude you could very well be correct.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

The rich have been stealing from their own consumer base for years.

So that justifies stealing from them?
Nope that justifies making them pay their taxes.

Here is a thing. In the UK an estimated 175 Billion in unpaid taxes per year goes uncollected. If those who appear to be just refusing to pay actually did we could lower the taxes for all.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Hey Einstein, you want to create jobs? You obviously don't know how to do it, since you keep asking idiotic questions about how it can be done. Well let me tell you how it's done.

You arrest, prosecute and IMPRISON all the bankers that committed fraud with mortgage loans and securities over the last 15 years. That is A LOT of bankers. How many have been arrested so far? ZERO.

Then you get the government to stop spending more than it takes in. THERE HAS BEEN NO ECONOMIC GROWTH FOR THE PAST 30 YEARS BECAUSE OF THIS. Stop believing the lie that the economy is growing, because it's not. All the debt that has been building up for decades must eventually be dealt with. This is going to be extremely painful.

Some nice icing on the cake would be getting rid of our debt-backed currency so that we don't have to pay interest to the bankers, so that they "allow" us to use their privately owned, debt-backed currency, which is entirely unconstitutional. That would free up A LOT of economic power, but whatever, let's just take it one step at a time.

Now Romney is not going to do any of that. Obama certainly has not and WILL NEVER do any of that. So what are you going to do about it? Keep whining about "rich" people? You think you are going to solve this problem by increasing taxes on the rich? Hahahahaha.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

What's odd is that I overlaid your graphic with my last one, and the GDP grew right in line with the income level of the top .1 %

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

reply to post by Riposte

What's odd is that I overlaid your graphic with my last one, and the GDP grew right in line with the income level of the top .1 %

So what? How about focusing on the people that OWN THE MONEY. You think you are going to find out how much they are worth?

How much are you worth when you OWN the actual currency itself? Who are these private entities that own the Federal Reserve Bank and all the central banks of the world?

Stop focusing on the producers. Focus on the counterfeiters and thieves. Because that's what the international bankers truly are.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

reply to post by MystikMushroom

Franchise owners work with very narrow margins. They don't have surplus cash that you imagine. But keep on trying to take "more".

then they aren't "rich" are they????????

no, they are not!!!
I've never had a rich boss in my life!!
better off than me, ya, but they didn't live in mansions or drive limos!!

WE are the job creators....or at least those of us who have the ability and the gumption to start business ventures...

which it's kind of hard to do if you are working in a low paying job struggling to just to have food on the table and a roof over your head....

it's the corps that are moving their operations overseas, outsourcing....
it's also the corps and their top managements that are "rich"

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join