It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Plot to Blow Up NY Federal Reserve Foiled

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by theclutch
So, a 21 year old muslim was "helping" the cia (2 members with him) to blow up the FED?

Entrapment much? Isn't there a movie called "entrapment."

1 tonne of supposed bomb material ? Was he driving a truck? because a car with three men in it and 1 tonne would be like 1500 pounds or so.

Do some real math please before you post inaccurate figures online:
www.convertunits.com...

1000 lbs -> 0.45359236999999997 tonnes

conversely:
www.metric-conversions.org...

1 tonne -> 2204 lbs
edit on 17-10-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

they already called the c.i.a da

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Thats a shame..

BREAKING: Plot to Blow Up NY Federal Reserve Foiled

edit on 10/17/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter
reply to post by tinhattribunal

they already called the c.i.a da

And I am sure they got the right CIA agent on the job assignment:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
More entrapment by the FBI. This was, and always is, a ploy to keep people in fear of terrorism. To the uneducated reader, this was a big success against terrorism. To everyone else, its just another of MANY instances. Why, if this was a simple sting, would they let the guy go so far as to park a van outside the Fed?

How much you want to bet the suspect will turn out to be Iranian?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
false flag !

they just want to have a reason to go after people who research the fed

look out ron !

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
Crazy stuff. A 1000 lb bomb, a crazy guy, and a crazy plot foiled.

Is this a terrorists next move? To screw up the government's banking scheme? What is going on in this world?!?!

I have CNN running in the background as I work in my office so I am hearing it live.

What are your thoughts ATS?

news.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Man arrested in plot to blow up Federal Reserve bank in New York

news.blogs.cnn.com...

[Posted at 3:56 p.m. ET] We now have some more detail about the plot to blow up the reserve bank from a press release that breaks down the criminal complaint filed against Quazi Mohammad Rezwanul Ahsan Nafis:

The Bangladeshi national allegedly came to the United States in January to carry out a terror attack on U.S. soil and said he had overseas connections to al-Qaeda. As he attempted to recruit others to join his cell, he tried to recruit someone who turned out to be an FBI source, the criminal complaint says.

Nafis initially had a few targets in mind, according to the complaint, including "a high-ranking U.S. official and the New York Stock Exchange." In the end, Nafis settled on the New York Federal Reserve Bank, federal officials said.

"In a written statement intended to claim responsibility for the terrorist bombing of the Federal Reserve Bank on behalf of al-Qaeda, Nafis wrote that he wanted to 'destroy America' and that he believed the most efficient way to accomplish this goal was to target America’s economy," the Justice Department press release said. "In this statement, Nafis also included quotations from 'our beloved Sheikh Osama bin Laden' to justify the fact that Nafis expected that the attack would involve the killing of women and children."

The "explosives that he allegedly sought and attempted to use had been rendered inoperable by law enforcement and posed no threat to the public," according to a statement from U.S. Attorney Loretta E. Lynch.

[Posted at 3:41 p.m. ET] Quazi Mohammad Rezwanul Ahsan Nafis, 21, was arrested for allegedly attempting to detonate what he thought was a 1,000-pound bomb at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York in Manhattan, the Department of Justice and a U.S. attorney's office said in a press release.

He will be charged with attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction and attempting to provide material support to al-Qaeda, the press release said.

[Posted at 3: 40 p.m. ET] A man has been arrested for planning to blow up the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, according to a federal law enforcement source with knowledge of the investigation.

The man was arrested as part of a string operation conducted by the FBI and NYPD as part of the Joint Terrorism Task Force, a federal law enforcement source said.

"Attempting to destroy a landmark building and kill or maim untold numbers of innocent bystanders is about as serious as the imagination can conjure. The defendant faces appropriately severe consequences," FBI Acting Assistant Director Mary Galligan said in a statement. "It is important to emphasize that the public was never at risk in this case, because two of the defendant’s ‘accomplices’ were actually an FBI source and an FBI undercover agent. The FBI continues to place the highest priority on preventing acts of terrorism."

edit on 17-10-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: updated post with LATEST NEWS information from CNN News blog

edit on 17-10-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

That it's a quasi Quazi scheme.
There is no guy at all. No scheme. No arrest. No explosives. No cell or attempts to recruit other non-entities.

They only have to float a story that there was with AP and Reuters.
It's been that way for quite some time now.
If you read Orwell, you know the drill. They only have to "tell" you the "fake news" propaganda, and a willing and gullible public buys it, (falls for it) every time.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Yep, this stinks.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Quazi Mohammad Rezwanul Ahsan Nafis Abdullah Abdullah Kareem Abduhl Jabbar Ahmadinejad

geez! ...this guy's driver's license must be two pages long!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Crazy! This guy was right in my backyard (figuratively speaking) a few months ago:

Former Southeast student arrested in terror plot

He was an international student, pursuing a Bachelors of Science in cyber security.

edit on 17-10-2012 by edaced4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Why would anyone want to blow up the Federal Reserve?
It's not worth the cost of the explosives.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

The man was arrested as part of a string operation conducted by the FBI and NYPD as part of the Joint Terrorism Task Force, a federal law enforcement source said.

THERE WE GO AGAIN! You're Godd*mn own American police force and bureau entrapping these people.
ALL of these crazies wouldn't have been able to even start the first step without being ployed into it.

This is gross.
edit on 17-10-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

Agreed.

Hell, look at the one quote

[Posted at 3:59 p.m. ET] The plot came to light as an FBI undercover agent posed as an al-Qaeda facilitator, federal authorities say.

They flat out admit it themselves.

fa·cil·i·ta·tor   [fuh-sil-i-tey-ter] Show IPA
noun
a person or thing that facilitates.
a person responsible for leading or coordinating the work of a group, as one who leads a group discussion: Each committee will meet with its facilitator.

I'm not quite sure what to say to anyone who doesn't have a problem with that.
edit on 17-10-2012 by MCJustJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by theclutch

1 tonne of supposed bomb material ? Was he driving a truck? because a car with three men in it and 1 tonne would be like 1500 pounds or so.

starred your post 'cause your math is so bad, it's funny.

your off by over 4000 lbs.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
There was a thread from September where a Chicago kid was arrested from the same thing. Another poster put up the actual criminal complaint that shows how they documented the arrest and were able to make the claim that the suspect knew exactly what he was doing. They gave him multiple attempts to back out. I would hope that this case was thoroughly documented as well.

Link to other thread.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
A little quick googling and I was able to find the .pdf of The criminal complaint in this case? I don't have any commentary on it, because I haven't read the whole thing yet, but I thought others wold like to read it as well!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOtter
A little quick googling and I was able to find the .pdf of The criminal complaint in this case? I don't have any commentary on it, because I haven't read the whole thing yet, but I thought others wold like to read it as well!

There are no signatures to this Affidavit.

Does that nullify it?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOtter
There was a thread from September where a Chicago kid was arrested from the same thing. Another poster put up the actual criminal complaint that shows how they documented the arrest and were able to make the claim that the suspect knew exactly what he was doing. They gave him multiple attempts to back out. I would hope that this case was thoroughly documented as well.

Link to other thread.

There seem to be quite a few attempts of terror attacks against America in the last few months. Chicago, Benghazi (succeeded) and now the Federal Reserve. Is there a reason for this?
edit on 17-10-2012 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2012 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Just business as usual...

Dan Rather CBS – FBI Involvement in 1993 WTC Bombing:

and

Terry Nichols Wants To Reveal FBI Informant Role In The Oklahoma City Bombing:

and

Hijackers lived with FBI Informant

I could go on, but what's the point?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Sounds like you can't do decent terrorism without help from the Feds.

So,a victim of capitalism wants to bring the evil money system down just as a team of Feds arrive to save the day.

That's the makings of an A-Team episode.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Some middle eastern guy with five names is not likely to even know what the fed ny is, let alone care about it, these sting operators must still be in training, they need to work on their plausibility. I guess they skipped that day in class.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join