It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Plot to Blow Up NY Federal Reserve Foiled

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Edit: moved post to first page
edit on 17-10-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: moved post to first page

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Well we also hold gold for other counrties too. This may not have been a big deal for us, but it could have caused a massive fiscal issue for another country (like Spain) that depends on the safety of this gold.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
if it was a setup, how could they be so sure the guy wasnt going to add some explosive of his own (on top of the fake stuff)

i guess it wouldnt matter as it would look like a terrorist plot anyways

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
CNN also stated that Alcaida has historically targeted the US to hurt it economically. So it is no wonder this story has some big implications to how our world is in disorder.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
No one sold him "the bomb"

They sold him what the dude thought was bomb parts.

The Bangladeshi national allegedly came to the United States in January to carry out a terror attack on U.S. soil and said he had overseas connections to al-Qaeda. As he attempted to recruit others to join his cell, he tried to recruit someone who turned out to be an FBI source, the criminal complaint says

The FBi did not set the dude up he was a stupid as they come, thank god for small favors.

As much as I don't like the Federal Reserve those by standards walking around haven't done nothing.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
A modern day Guy Fawkes?

He would have been a hero to Ron Paul supporters everywhere, had he of succeeded.

However, does he not realize that the actual Federal Reserve building is little more than a meeting place, the actual Federal Reserve is kept on computer servers?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by christoph
why would you forget this part? not much of an article, lol

Director Mary Galligan said in a statement. "It is important to emphasize that the public was never at risk in this case, because two of the defendant’s ‘accomplices’ were actually an FBI source and an FBI undercover agent. The FBI continues to place the highest priority on preventing acts of terrorism."

edit on 17-10-2012 by christoph because: (no reason given)

I ran out of room for the snippet....however, I have to say that there is ALWAYS a risk to the public ANYTIME there is a plot. You never know if he had a backup van ANYWHERE with backup of people who would carry out the plot in case this guy got caught and couldn't follow through with blowing up the reserve.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

The Bangladeshi national allegedly came to the United States in January to carry out a terror attack on U.S. soil and said he had overseas connections to al-Qaeda. As he attempted to recruit others to join his cell, he tried to recruit someone who turned out to be an FBI source, the criminal complaint says

The FBi did not set the dude up he was a stupid as they come, thank god for small favors.

As much as I don't like the Federal Reserve those by standards walking around haven't done nothing.
More than likely a pakistani national or a member of one of the many terror groups within pakistan (posing as bangladeshi or lyeing about his nationality) IMO. Lately there has been a lot of deals going back n forth those two nations in the region WRT terror resources to stage other activities in the region with their neighbor. Well...lets wait and see what really transpires.
edit on 17-10-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guyfriday
It just got revealed that the Federal Reserve only has 394,240,000,000$ in gold.

HEY!! ... THAT USED TO BE OUR GOLD!!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Is anyone else getting sick of these patently 'manufactured terrorists'?

I mean seriously, how are we supposed to take the FBI serious if all they do is manufacture terror plots?

Sure they may have got one nutjob off the streets, but seriously, they could have had him put in a psyche ward and got him some meds and solved the problem before it got that far.

M.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

The man was arrested as part of a string operation conducted by the FBI and NYPD as part of the Joint Terrorism Task Force, a federal law enforcement source said.

THERE WE GO AGAIN! You're Godd*mn own American police force and bureau entrapping these people.
ALL of these crazies wouldn't have been able to even start the first step without being ployed into it.

This is gross.
edit on 17-10-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

It is called the "Bait and Switch" maneuver. But if you think about it, that is a very smart technique to fish information out of people.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TwoSpirit

So the FBI found a whacko on internet and created a bomb plot.

we'd better call the C.I.A.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

I'd still like to see the story on the other side before he came over. I agree with you wholeheartedly for the most part, but from inside source publications from overseas intelligence agents, they basically state that high risk mosques are 20% intelligence agents. Who sent him over?

If it's a legitimate plot that originated over there, then the way they handled it should be commended. If the people that sent him are also in the intelligence game... then...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

I have CNN running in the background as I work in my office so I am hearing it live.

Whilst you post on ATS about breaking news!!

What is going on? Explosions in Louisiana and now potential explosions at the Fed!!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
hmmm i don't blame the guy, that place is corrupt as hell.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

I have CNN running in the background as I work in my office so I am hearing it live.

Whilst you post on ATS about breaking news!!

What is going on? Explosions in Louisiana and now potential explosions at the Fed!!

I should correct myself in saying...I am working in my HOME office so my tv is on beside me

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
that building is more symbolic then anything...of course they would go find some guy who wants to blow it up then make him out to be a big bad terrorist so they can glorify the crap out of this establishment

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
So, a 21 year old muslim was "helping" the cia (2 members with him) to blow up the FED?

Entrapment much? Isn't there a movie called "entrapment."

1 tonne of supposed bomb material ? Was he driving a truck? because a car with three men in it and 1 tonne would be like 1500 pounds or so.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

What was his plot? Was he just a lone crazy person or part of a group? etc etc? also

Violence is never the answer, it can't kill the idea. The only thing that can kill ideas is another idea. *cough ehem.. look at my signature cough* ehem

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact

What was his plot? Was he just a lone crazy person or part of a group? etc etc? also

Violence is never the answer, it can't kill the idea. The only thing that can kill ideas is another idea. *cough ehem.. look at my signature cough* ehem

You can't kill an idea, but you can kill the idea creator. *oh snap!*

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join