It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"2012 Cult"/Terrorism Watch: Who might kill themselves/blow stuff up/etc on Dec 21st?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Regardless of whether you believe something "paranormal" or "revolutionary" or "predicted" or "mass-engineered" will happen on 12.21.2012 (eg: this is NOT a thread for your ethereal rants on cosmic consciousness, false flags or anything else of the sort), what are everyone's thoughts on the real-life small-scale-engineered consequences of The Date this year? Meaning, do you know of any local/small groups/cults/militia that might be likely or threatening to do big things like commit mass suicide or blow up buildings or whatnot? What's Westboro doing, LOL?!

What are your thoughts and predictions on the "real" terrorist groups' plans for that day, if any? Would it be a little too on-the-nose to plan an attack for that day, or maybe the day after? Kind of ruins the element of surprise, right? Or perhaps there is evidence some groups actually have some personal ties and beliefs in that day?

Just looking to crowd-source some information on these kinds of matters leading up to that day, as it's hard to plug in "2012 cult" into Google and get anything but nonsense, even when using the News search, LOL. Please, share your best info! I'll even accept well-thought-out theories with no empirical evidence, so long as they make sense and aren't the "nibiru/doomsday/comets/earthquakes/peace-and-love/ZOMG" type theories.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

All I know is I am staying in my house with weapons loaded to stay away from the CRAZIES....

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Hell maybe nothing will happen but a great number will off themselves thus alleviating our problem with over population. Due process my friends...it's only a matter of time before the crazies take care of themselves.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
So we talk to you . . . and you talk to whom ?

2nd.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

This is actually something I have thought people would use against Western civilization, since it has become so prevalent, even seeping into mainstream thought. The idea that something horrible would happen on 12-21-2012, will probably be fueled by madmen, more than any real event.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
My biggest concern's for the date are that religious nut's bump into militias that night, and with everyone in a state of panic, gun's start going off.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIEGE
So we talk to you . . . and you talk to whom ?

2nd.

The voices in your head.

Seriously, the "disinfo agent/paid FBI ATS member" angle is getting old. Like anyone with *personal* information about anything bad happening would post it here. Another
. I'm talking about your local diner conversations about the crazy bible-beating hillbillies, local news reports of potential threats or lulz, Stratfor reports, theories about flash-mobs or people trying to get attention, whatever.

Seriously.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catacomb

This is actually something I have thought people would use against Western civilization, since it has become so prevalent, even seeping into mainstream thought. The idea that something horrible would happen on 12-21-2012, will probably be fueled by madmen, more than any real event.

This is exactly what I'm talking about, the potential for self-fulfilling prophecies is so huge! Forget anything hooky-spooky, the potential for chaos just because so many believe in it or even give it a "maybe" is awesome.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

With all the wild end of the world parties planned for that date; more people will die of overdoses, car wrecks, and shootings than "2012 cults" / terrorists, offing themselves or others.

Driving on the open road will be hazardous to your health with all the drunks out and about.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

do you know of any local/small groups/cults/militia that might be likely or threatening to do big things like commit mass suicide or blow up buildings or whatnot?

yes..the u.s government

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I got some old skyrockets and firecrackers. I'm going to blow up a snowman.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I got some old skyrockets and firecrackers. I'm going to blow up a snowman.

I know you meant this in jest, but the local weather will probably affect people's reactions! A large blizzard in the Midwest, an earthquake in California or a violent thunderstorm in the UK or Europe might push some people over the brink! Let's hope for fair weather that encourages people to go outside and enjoy themselves.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

With all the wild end of the world parties planned for that date; more people will die of overdoses, car wrecks, and shootings than "2012 cults" / terrorists, offing themselves or others.

Driving on the open road will be hazardous to your health with all the drunks out and about.

Actually, that's a really good point. Applicable to the days before as well, building up more and more until the day of. Good time to take off work for the holidays, I guess!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
There is a wacko in Arizona that will jump to is death in Sedona to "save the universe."

There will be other wackos that will do the Heaven's Gate thing.

There will be deaths elsewhere. The overwhelming majority of people will not notice.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
There are 2012 wackos already doing nutty things. Read about it in this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
There is a wacko in Arizona that will jump to is death in Sedona to "save the universe."

Holy crap, I hadn't heard about that guy! Thanks! Here's a snippet:

Gersten writes, "On the Winter Solstice of 2012 at exactly 11:11 UT a cosmic portal will open in Sedona Arizona and a leap of faith - from the top of Bell Rock - will propel me through its opening....

Link

Hope there's a live feed!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
L
L
there must be something to 12/21/12
for all these "prophets" of "nothing will happen" to be in such a ferment

lol they've even taken over the 2012 forum
with their ever more desperate postings
over and over of the same "nothing will happen" bleating:shk:

and now they've even gone to the point of demonization of any belief to the contrary, i find them even scarier
than some poor MK-ULTRA cult guinea pigs [like waco, jonestown and heaven's gate before them.]
it sounds like you're pre-emptively blaming folks who believe, in case something does happen.

if that's not an indicator of psychosis, i don't know what it is.

hmmm, if something, say a catastrophic loss of electrical power occurs or any ol' SHTF scenario
all these "prophets" of "nothing will happen" will be lacking in supplies and stuff which the "whackos"
have in relatively abundant supply due to their prepping.

"GET THE WHACKOS!!!!" [size=-3] AND ALL THEIR STUFF, THAT THEY'RE "SELFISHLY HOARDING"!!!

uh-huh, right.

zombie apocalypse indeed

edit on 18-10-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Blind till the end.

They ignore all religions, cultures, natives, history, spirituality, themselves..

And then they point the finger at us, thinking we are the crazy ones..

LOL what interesting times we are in..

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Uhhhhhmmmm......yeah, there's a difference between "blaming" and "ridiculing" people, and asking that they not come in to a thread (as you two now have, thanks for the examples!) and spout off about mumbo jumbo things they have not a shred of evidence of being in the least bit credible. Your ranting has nothing to do with the subject of this thread, and is off-topic to the point of tackiness.

I knew about and "believed in" the 12.21.12 date when you were probably still a fetus.

I would just like to have ONE thread about the 2012 date where it's not overrun with nut jobs, where we can discuss the intriguing possibilities of people taking the "apocalypse" and "doomsday" into their own hands. WITHOUT having to mention the words "shill" or "consciousness" or "false flag" or "nibiru". Thanks.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Do you have any evidence of anything happening or are you simply going to complain about the fact the the evidence is overwhelming against the nonsense spout by the 2012 proponents?

The simple fact of the matter is that 2012 is and has clearly been a dud. It is based on falsehoods and taking the money from the gullible.

I'll be laughing at the fools who gathered up supplies for a nonevent just as I laughed at the fools that stockpiled for the Y2K nonevent.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join