It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charity President Infuriated By Paul Ryan’s Little Faux Soup Kitchen Stunt

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Staged? Yeah. So?

With respect,
Charles1952

Pretty much sums up the whole charade. Staged. And people go along with it.

How do otherwise intelligent people find this concept acceptable, even after acknowledging it for what it is, staged, i.e. fake? Something I have a lot of trouble understanding.
edit on 18-10-2012 by VariableConstant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
They needed a donation from the detergent company, jut a product placement ad.

Why do candidates do stuff like that. If I was him, I would have worked there in the kitchen for hours. I'd do something like that to help out, I wouldn't do something like that for recognition. But then again I am not a politician and never want to be. Although there are some good ones, they never seem to accomplish anything without selling their soul to get it accomplished.
edit on 18-10-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant

Staged? Yeah. So?

With respect,
Charles1952

Pretty much sums up the whole charade. Staged. And people go along with it.

How do otherwise intelligent people find this concept acceptable, even after acknowledging it for what it is, staged, i.e. fake? Something I have a lot of trouble understanding.
edit on 18-10-2012 by VariableConstant because: (no reason given)

Staged photo ops during campaigns have been around since there have been photos. All politicians do it, even Obama. Intelligent people blow it off for what it is and look to what the politician actually does.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The phony outrage in this thread is HI-larious. You people cannot be taken seriously.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The sad part is that his fake photo-op is actually hurting that soup kitchen. They're losing donations as a result.

Soup Kitchen in Ryan photo op losing donors.

edit on 18-10-2012 by Qemyst because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
The phony outrage in this thread is HI-larious. You people cannot be taken seriously.

Neither can you or all your feigned outrage in your beautifully contrived threads

Obama is up in the majority of battleground polls

Enjoy

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by campanionator

Just a small thing, but Real Clear Politics, a collection of polls, shows Romney ahead in the Electoral College race, and ahead in popular opinion around the country. True, Romney might not win, but then Obama might not either. One undeniable fact is that Romney has closed whatever gap there was between him and Obama.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Just a small thing, but Real Clear Politics, a collection of polls, shows Romney ahead in the Electoral College race, and ahead in popular opinion around the country. True, Romney might not win, but then Obama might not either. One undeniable fact is that Romney has closed whatever gap there was between him and Obama.

Here are today's battleground polls

Iowa: Romney vs. Obama NBC/WSJ/Marist Obama 51, Romney 43 Obama +8

Wisconsin: Romney vs. Obama NBC/WSJ/Marist Obama 51, Romney 45 Obama +6

Ohio: Romney vs. Obama Rasmussen Reports Obama 49, Romney 48 Obama +1

Ohio: Romney vs. Obama SurveyUSA Obama 45, Romney 42 Obama +3

Michigan: Romney vs. Obama EPIC-MRA Obama 52, Romney 46 Obama +6

Michigan: Romney vs. Obama LE&A/Denno Research Obama 44, Romney 41 Obama +3

North Carolina: Romney vs. Obama Rasmussen Reports Romney 52, Obama 46 Romney +6

Colorado: Romney vs. Obama PPP (D) Romney 47, Obama 50 Obama +3

Minnesota: Romney vs. Obama KSTP/SurveyUSA Obama 50, Romney 40 Obama +10
edit on 18-10-2012 by campanionator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

These polls are moving back to where they were prior to the Romney home run of the first debate.

I wouldn't be shocked if Romney won the popular vote while Obama takes the prize.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

One thing I do like about Real Clear Politics is that it shows you a variety of polls. Perhaps you'll find this a little more useful in determining how the race stands. I looked at the states you provided, then a few others that round out the "toss-up" list. When I indicate a particular poll it is to show that it might be an outlier, or faulty in some way. If a dozen friends say they like the food at Freddie's and one says he hates it, there's a tendency to go with the dozen.

In Iowa, the Marist poll has Obama up by 8, the other three polls have him up by less than 2 percent on average.

In Wisconsin, Marist has Obama up by 6, the other four have him up by an average of 2.

In Ohio, Marist has him up by 6, the other seven have Obama up by less than 2.

In Michigan, Obama has a strong lead with an average of five polls showing him ahead by 5.

In Colorado, PPP gives Obama a lead of 3. The other 6 polls averaged give Romney the lead at a little under 1.

In North Carolina, Romney has a strong lead with three polls averaging 5.6% for him.

Minnesota has never been considered a battleground state. It is strongly Democrat.

The other states considered "Toss-ups" include
Florida, where the Marist poll shows Obama up by 3, but the other five polls give it to Romney by a little over 3.

Nevada, which has a good lead for Obama with 4 polls giving him an average of 3%

New Hampshire, where the UNH poll puts Obama up by 3, the other three polls give it to Romney by 1

Pennsylvania has a good lead for Obama with 5% averaged over 6 polls.

Virginia puts Obama up by 5 in the Quinnipiac poll, the other 4 put Romney up by 1.

Marist may not be a good poll to rely on. It seems to be often the one friend who hates Freddie's food.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Apolitical my arse!
Probably worried about his tax status.
That is nothing but phony outrage, just like Obama getting "offended" by Romney's charges of procrastination/coverup over LibyaGate.

Q: Why does he refer to the Ryan bunch as "they"?
A: Because "we" means Democrat.

Maybe Candy will report on this tonight?

I am inclined to agree. The only reason the guy is mad is cause he probly supports Obomination. It's not like the homeless care who washes the dishes.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Oh, this reminds me, those who were freaking out about the blonde and wondering what she was thinking??? She is Ryan's wife lolololol at people who thought she was just a random person.

prospect.org...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

The thing that gets me about this is who are the morons who are setting this stuff up

I'm guessing different ones than those who sent Michelle O in to a soup kitchen wearing 500 dollar French sneakers.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Dear Blackmarketeer,

My apologies, I'm in a really @#$ mood.

This was posted and debunked here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

With respect,
Charles1952

No, this was not debunked. The only change in the story is that Ryan may have actually washed dirty pans; the HuffPo has corrected their story to this effect. He and his campaign still didn't get permission AND this soup kitchen is already get blowback from its hitherto donors who are now no longer donating to it. To wit:

In the wake of Rep. Paul Ryan's embarrassing soup kitchen photo-op last week, the organization that runs the facility tells The Huffington Post that donors have begun pulling their money out of the Youngstown, Ohio charity...Brian J. Antal, president of the Mahoning County St. Vincent De Paul Society, confirmed that donors have begun an exodus in protest over Ryan's embarrassment. The monetary losses have been big. "It appears to be a substantial amount," Antal said. "You can rest assured there has been a substantial backlash."

Soup Kitchen In Paul Ryan Photo-Op Faces Donor Backlash

How can you claim the story was debunked? But such is the level of mendacity and/or ignorance of Romney/Ryan defenders.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

The only outrage is coming from right-wingers like yourself. We're just posting what the facts are and calling out you right-wingers on your lies and spin regarding this incident. Ryan did this phony photo-op without permission of the owner, and that owner is now having to deal with the backlash of losing donors who are angry over the incident. And yes, some of us think it is very wrong for political scum like Ryan to step on little people in an attempt to give himself a good image

Nice one-liner comment too, which adds no information.
edit on 19-10-2012 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Apolitical my arse!
Probably worried about his tax status.
That is nothing but phony outrage, just like Obama getting "offended" by Romney's charges of procrastination/coverup over LibyaGate.

Q: Why does he refer to the Ryan bunch as "they"?
A: Because "we" means Democrat.

Maybe Candy will report on this tonight?

Yes, the guy is worried about his tax-exempt status. He runs a charity and can't afford to have to be paying taxes on it as well. What don't you get about that? In addition, he is worried about losing donations, and this has already started to happen. So you just proved your total ignorance in this matter with your inane post. Congratulations. Keep it up, Sparky. And, by the way, your slogan is very ironic: "Deny ignorance". Clearly you're denying your own ignorance.
edit on 19-10-2012 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

What does this have to do with the story of this thread? Oh yeah, right: NOTHING. Never mind that Real Clear Politics has a right/GOP bent.

Want the best objective polling analysis -- since you brought up the subject? Go to fiverthirtyeight.com, Nate Silver's site. Yes, Nate is a Democrat, I believe, but he is the acknowledged poll guru, who called the 2008 election a lot more accurately than other poll prognosticators.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Well the one thing that stood out was he was still wearing his watch. Also the nice clothes.

I know if I planned on washing dishes and volunteering (notice the s at the end there, I'm talking plural) I'm not gonna wear nice clothes, and keep my watch on, no matter if its a cheap watch or not.

Whats the point of volunteering if you show up after all the work is done?

Seems pointless and nothing but a publicity stunt.

A for effort. But epic failure to me.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

The thing that gets me about this is who are the morons who are setting this stuff up

I'm guessing different ones than those who sent Michelle O in to a soup kitchen wearing 500 dollar French sneakers.

And of course her infamous shopping trip through Target.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I keep mistaking the name Ron Paul for Paul Ryan.

I wonder if that was the desired outcome

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join