It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama might just lose this race

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
We won't know until election day, but my guess is, a lot. The novelty and newness has worn off and there were a lot of participants the last time around who voted for that reason, alone. Will they turn out this time? It would surprise me.

I agree, there were a lot of people who voted just to vote for a black president with a "hope and change" message. Many of these people didn't vote before and we are now seeing the same effect on the republican side where many are coming out of the woodwork to vote for their first time against him.

I thought Obama would have locked up the old vote and I'm not so sure as they realize that Obamacare will cost them more and they are seeing their retirements getting hacked to nothing by inflation.

There truly was this huge buzz in the air in 2008 over Obama. So many were caught up in the moment, but now that charm is gone and people are looking at their bottom line and don't like what they see.

I'm predicting this will be one of the smallest turnouts for the democrats then what we have seen in a long long time.

edit on 17-10-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

There were people that I know and also others on the news that voted for him because they wanted to be "part of history" in helping to get the first black man elected to President.
I mean come on, he got the freaking Nobel Peace Prize just because he was a candidate!
WTF is wrong with this picture

I agree, there were a lot of people who voted just to vote for a black president with a "hope and change" message.

edit on 10/17/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/17/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

The media from the beginning has told us that Obama was a shoe-in for a second term.
Yet;
High unemployment
Record foodstamps
Devalued dollar

and QE3. Just last month, Berneke had to infuse the economy with 40 billion more dollars just to make the economy "better" (artificially) for the election.

It's been Romney's for the taking from the start. Polls, lies from the media. . . all have bombarded the American public, but at the end of the day people know how broke they are, the military knows how demoralised it is, Americans see how weak we are perceived.

The Hysteria Factor (trademark bezzer inc.) is the level of shrill hyperbole measured on MSNBC.

Right now, it's at a seven. Anything above a five spells doom for the democratic incumbent.

I see it pegging a 9 before next week.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

WTF is wrong with this picture

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Nothing. People do what they do, making choices. Most people's choices aren't my choices. I live with it. Concerning myself with things I can't control, like what other people choose to do, isn't worth the frustration and energy. I saw about 60 seconds of a show called "Honey Boo Boo" the other night. If that's not proof of an impending and deserved apocalypse, I don't know what is.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
How anyone can be undecided at this point is beyond me there have been clear differences between the two from day 1.

To win 2012 they need to maintain a lead of well over 50% either one still in the 40s its over.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I watched the Atlanta 6:00 evening news yesterday, to get an idea of early voter turnout vs 2008 turnout. Even the reporters were shocked at what they saw. Whereas, last election, 2008.there were 4 to 8 hour waits in line to vote, this year....zilch. No lines, except for one area that had at most a 30 minute wait.

The camera crews covered about 8 high concentration of democratic voters, areas. All they filmed were a few people walking in and out of voting places. and row upon row of empty folding chairs that had been set out to accommodate elderly voters waiting to vote, based on the crowds from the 2008 election. It looked pretty bleak. the few people who allowed themselves to be interviewed said they didn't know why no one was showing up. That maybe they didn't care anymore. One Lady said they better get out here and vote or Obama will lose this election.

The novelty has worn off.......

Des

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The novelty has worn off. What was once "hope and change" turned into "anger" and "disappointment" as shown by the president's demeanor in last night's debate.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Romney gained another point but Obama stayed steady, so it looks like it is most likely either undecideds and or Independents that are causing his surge past 50%

R 52%
O 45%

Gallop

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Along those lines Obama support for gay marriage could back fire . His Christian supporter base may stay at home. This could be enough to cost him re election. The problem for the Republicans in general is changing population demographics. The Hispanic population which tends to vote Democrat has been increasing in states that have been traditionally Republican.The popular vote could come down to just a few hundred thousand votes like the JFK-Nixon race did.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Current Yahoo Online Poll:

POLL

If the election were held today, who would you vote for?

President Obama 48%

Former Gov. Romney 52%

Thank you for voting.

571,339 votes

www.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Juggernog

The undecideds are starting to make up their minds...in favor of Romney...apparently....

Des

I think you hit the nail on the head

The undecideds and possibly the Independents are starting to get off the fence, on Romneys side.

The same folks who voted GWB 2 times!

Smart lot they are!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by campanionator

Yea... Smarter than the idiots that voted for a black freshman senator because they wanted to be "part of history"

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by alternateuniverse
Current Yahoo Online Poll:

POLL

If the election were held today, who would you vote for?

President Obama 48%

Former Gov. Romney 52%

Thank you for voting.

571,339 votes

www.yahoo.com...

I just wish it was so easy... Online voting does not take into consideration the eldery who lived the majority of their lives without the internet. And ain't gonna change now. They have a record of very high turn out. I often wonder if they vote more towards republican or democratic. I did a quick search and found that it was republican.

I have a feeling that Romney will actually hit at or near the 60% range on election day. I also have a feeling that Obamas most major accomplishment was Obamacare which is guaranteed to ruin our economy even further. So getting him out now may be the best thing ever. But we still have one obstacle left. Romney can't get rid of Obamacare alone.

Obamacare wasn't a bad idea. But he was in too much of a hurry to push it through with a great number of flaws. And most importantly he pushed it through during the worst time imaginable. Our economy is a mess and can't afford these changes. Health care costs already doubled on average since the first steps of it were initated. And the main parts didn't even have a chance for an impact yet. Obama just wanted his candy now for selfish reasons. Instead of waiting until things were better with the economy.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Yea... Smarter than the idiots that voted for a black freshman senator because they wanted to be "part of history"

Oh ya?

Last I checked, W took a fine economy and turned it
Into dog crap.

While that freshman took that pile and turned it around

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by campanionator

Oh ya?

Into dog crap.

Time to wake up man, youre dreamin again.

Source..CBS no less

(CBS News) The National Debt has now increased more during President Obama's three years and two months in office than it did during 8 years of the George W. Bush presidency. The Debt rose $4.899 trillion during the two terms of the Bush presidency. It has now gone up $4.939 trillion since President Obama took office. The latest posting from the Bureau of Public Debt at the Treasury Department shows the National Debt now stands at $15.566 trillion. It was $10.626 trillion on President Bush's last day in office, which coincided with President Obama's first day.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by campanionator

Oh ya?

Into dog crap.

Time to wake up man, youre dreamin again.

Source..CBS no less

(CBS News) The National Debt has now increased more during President Obama's three years and two months in office than it did during 8 years of the George W. Bush presidency. The Debt rose $4.899 trillion during the two terms of the Bush presidency. It has now gone up $4.939 trillion since President Obama took office. The latest posting from the Bureau of Public Debt at the Treasury Department shows the National Debt now stands at $15.566 trillion. It was $10.626 trillion on President Bush's last day in office, which coincided with President Obama's first day.

And during Obama's first month in office America lost over 700,000 jobs

Since then the economy has added nearly 5 million jobs...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Hey, I back my claims up with sources.. where are yours.. where are these 5 million jobs?
I can tell, youre one of "those" that wanted to be part of history and now youre in denial

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I really do not see a turned around economy.

The money that Obama infused into the economy is all but gone.

The construction that he funded got me a pretty good paying job, now I along with hundreds/thousands of construction workers are looking for the next job.

It sucks being laid off. If it continues I will have to look elsewhere in another field.

Better, no, the bandaid just fell off.

Romney is for right to work. This will further hurt the middle class and pave the way for more slave labor.

One cannot make it making 8.00$ an hour.

I agree with the poster that said we all lose.

It is obvious to me that no one man and his policies can dig us out.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
For the record... I do not like Romney either, hes a terrible candidate, if it was him, obama and a snake running for president, id vote for the snake.
I am completely disappointed in our politicians and the election system.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Obama opened the federal flood gates to fund new schools and courthouses.

I know because I was one of those 5 million jobs.

Now the schools are built and the court houses are done.

I am now layed off and I am one of the skewed numbers on unemployment. Which does not even pay my rent for the month. I am really screwed with Christmas coming.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join