It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq Intends to Deploy Troops in North of Country to Avoid Turkish Army’s Military Operations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Looks like things are heating up ever so slowly in the ME with multiple countries slowly getting involved in the regional politics. Now we have the 25 year old turkey's thorn...PKK (
one of the many designated terrorist groups) in the mix to keep the back burner lit. 2013 would be interesting (unless the world ends on Dec 21st, 2012
as per several posters on ATS).

Iraq urges the Kurdish autonomy to approve the deployment of troops on the border with Turkey to prevent the Turkish troops' entering Iraq, as well as to stop air strikes on the country against the militants of Kurdistan Workers' Party, head of the Iraqi parliamentary security committee Iskander Witwit told Trend on Wednesday.
LINK
PKK_LINK

edit on 17-10-2012 by hp1229 because: add link

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

There needs to be a Kurdistan.
I say all involved give up a few bits for them....

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to slayer

There probably does but it won't work because every other country has secessionist issues and they (Western) can't be seen aiding the creation of new nations while preventing others (Palestine, Ossetia, Quebec etc..) my guess
edit on 17-10-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by hp1229

There needs to be a Kurdistan.
I say all involved give up a few bits for them....
You mean go back to the structure/maps as they were before the europeans set the current boundaries? or even going back further in time ?
Re-writing the history backwards? IRAN will not give up that easily as a big chunk of the map overlaps their region.
edit on 17-10-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Star for you,Kurd's need a home
But All sides need to lay down the arms,come to the table and at least give these people some rights and recognition,it's really what there asking for,25% of the Turkish and Iraq populations are Kurds,the majority of them being Sunni.
edit on 17-10-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
reply to slayer
There probably does but it won't work because every other country has secessionist issues and they (Western) can't be seen aiding the creation of new nations while preventing others (Palestine, Ossetia, Quebec etc..) my guess
edit on 17-10-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)
And all this because of what?
Religion? Or more so control of the power within the factions?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
Star for you,Kurd's need a home

I agree however what if there is another demand from another minority? Where do one draw the line as that region is very diverse though they can be summarized as either arabic, persian, kurds etc.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

True

But, Someday in the distant future people like say, the Tibetans, may decide they'd like a country of their own.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Who's to say people shouldn't have their own country?
People scream all day that Palestine should be a country but they get upset if someone says Texas should be an independent country.

The Kurds should do whatever they can to get their own nation. Once that pesky Islamic coalition gets formed they will exterminate the Kurds as a matter of course.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by hp1229

True
But, Someday in the distant future people like say, the Tibetans, may decide they'd like a country of their own.
Which I'm all for it. Until then it will remain a bargaining chip against the Chinese at this time.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
People scream all day that Palestine should be a country but they get upset if someone says Texas should be an independent country.

The Kurds should do whatever they can to get their own nation. Once that pesky Islamic coalition gets formed they will exterminate the Kurds as a matter of course.
True but where do you draw the line as per who can have their own country. Although it seems to/might be going backwards after the formation of the 'caliphate' or atleast from the political and regional forecast seems to suggest.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Imo we won't see Iraq troops in Kurd held Iraq,instead the pkk will be busy on an arms buying spree,a Sunni dominated government in Syria will only help there cause,but not an Arab one,there complicated
www.liveleak.com...
edit on 17-10-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by badgerprints

True but where do you draw the line as per who can have their own country. Although it seems to/might be going backwards after the formation of the 'caliphate' or atleast from the political and regional forecast seems to suggest.

Where does WHO draw the line?
You? Me?

How about you ask the Kurds? They live there. We don't.

new topics

top topics

join