It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOLY COW! Findings in Quantum Biology Proves Existence of IMMATERIAL SOUL!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

it is the name of the documentary

and btw.. what you say is what you think... dont take anything for granted..!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal

Originally posted by Scouser640
So if the WFC can only be 'known' through conscious observation, would it still 'exist' if there were no such observation? If so, how? and if not, how is it possible that it can be interracted with? Just thinking out loud here.

It doesn't require "conscious" observation. Other particles can act as the observer, for the observer effect. The new age market continually misses this fact, instead claiming only Human Consciousness can act as the observer because then they can claim you personally create reality, which meshes with their new age paradigm to sell you books.

It doesn't require conscious observation, but some observations also happen to be conscious. And from that you can readily extrapolate important conclusions in philosophy of mind.

Unless substance dualism is true, then collapse events must be equivalent at a protophenomenal level to conscious observations. (Meaning not always the conscious observations but still ontologically equivalent to conscious observations when minds don't be happening to do it)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ajax84

Leave it to humans to take a science and turn it into a reason to believe in hocus pocus, souls, after-lives, gods, and other hooey. Quantum physics is anything but sure. There's still a lot of unknown in it. This is exactly why so many hucksters and believers will use it to build on their faith. They'll take the big bang and dark energy/matter and invent god from it too. It's their nature.

Nobody likes the material perspective because it doesn't provide an after-life. What I find so convenient is that they grant themselves an after-life, but not termites or e-coli or eels or anything they perceive as a lower-lifeform. Obviously, God would not allow lower-lifeforms to have an after-life since they're too dumb. See, the logic in a christian's mind is elementary. Dumber = dead forever.

Actually, quantum physics hints that reality is not discrete until measured or experienced. Before reality is what we know it to be, it's a cloud (or wave) of possibility. This doesn't automatically mean we have a soul or that there's an after-life. It just means there's a lot for us to learn. It suggests to me that ALL things have a quantum nature. This is all-pervasive and is not confined to humans alone, neither to just our mind or any mind. It's in everything. It's a physics, like classical physics. It's a layer of reality. Science is attempting to merge or bring together all these layers for a unified theory.
edit on 18-10-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Amazing stuff to swallow and to really understand fully. But if our consciousness in our brain is being lead from the outside, as I understand this correctly? Than it also can be manipulated by entities that are in that state of realm?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ajax84

I'm getting ready to watch the video, however OP I read your description and I have been waiting for this for YEARS to come out.

This is a GIANT LEAP in evolution both scientific and Spiritual. Now we need more of academia and the rest of science to solidify and uphold these results and it will utterly destroy certain branches of thought.....

....im lookin at you atheists/agnostics.

Seriously, look at my posts on ATS (quick search) for the last 5 years I've been saying that eventually Science will quantify spirit, however I thought it would take another 100-300 years because of bias and the study of consciousness in general is in its infancy.

STAR FLAG & 2 Thumbs Up!!!!
Edit.
Just watched the vid, spot on. A little of pieces of the puzzle put together begin to reveal quite a picture of where we are headed.

Awesome vid n post. I live for this stuff, cause ive experienced spiritual realms myself
edit on 18-10-2012 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Every point in the universe is linked to every other point.

image. Mathematics . the point or set of points in the range corresponding to a designated point in the domain of a given function.

Also called frontier. Mathematics . the collection of all points of a given set having the property that every neighborhood of each point contains points in the set and in the complement of the set.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ajax84

Great thread OP.

Certainly think there is a little more than something in this.

The implications of this can be staggering.....Think deja vu, premonitions, could we be forced to view these in an alternative light ?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

Since we obviously only view things from of a perspective of comfort, we must view things in an alternate light - a truthful light. As often as not, we find truth to be uncomfortable, so we favor a comfortable lie over the truth.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

thats how you know its a good summary of the concept

some of the most respected thinkers of the last hundred years have said things like, "if the implications of quantum mechanics don't confuse and frighten you, you didn't really understand."

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by starsyren
reply to post by Ajax84

I think you might be interested in this. I've not been able to put it down!

Quantum Physics...and the Human Soul

It's taken me awhile to get through, but only because I keep getting my mind blown. The same concepts (written earlier) can also be found in Michael Talbot's The Holographic Universe.

****Caution: Both books will blow the mind and/or rock ones face off. Proceed at your own risk. O.O

I loved Talbot's book!! Thank you for this referral - I just went and got the kindle version. It is very timely for me to dig into this - thank you again!! (applying anti-rock-your-face-off cream, it's too late for my mind...already blown, I think...;-)

peace,
AB

Update: Ah! It seems I had already purchased this last December in a fit of holiday-fueled madness - can't believe I left it lying on my virtual shelf! Ok then. I'm going in. This is going to take awhile... Thanks again for inspiring me to take another look at this...
edit on 18-10-2012 by AboveBoard because: update

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
reply to post by Ajax84

Ya this whole reality is fake, I suppose there is a reason why were all here, and there is a reason why I am here. And those reasons are.....those reasons are.

I think we all just suck at imagining anything better and so were stuck in this sucky world of our sucky making. I need to get out of here, the door is always ever so slightly ever beyond my reach, and so got to start making some better games then this zero sum game.

You are a marvelous being, who has willingly agreed to cast away the knowledge of his power and forget entirely who he is, in order to have an adventurous existence as a manifested form on Earth. Apparently, you're not too happy about this decision.
edit on 18-10-2012 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

No bro we are not all that marvelous....In fact we kind of just plain...suck.

And its way past time we all admitted that.

And what I am is the god damned dangnabit metatron, and not only do I have a wicked sense of humor, but sometimes its down right sick and twisted....Any questions? If so they will be answered by an equally or possibly even a twice as bat shi*t crazy question, as the one you would of posed.
la la la la.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Quantum mechanics presents reality in a different way than we are capable of perceiving, with the common sense's. Mainstream science offers that it has nothing to do with consciousness, because quantum mechanics functions at a different level.

That this level in unrelated to perception or for that matter observation.

A problem is we can observe quantum mechanics otherwise we would not know it to exist.

What we see with the common sense's of matter is simply not all matter is. Despite the arguments of mainstream science the soul could simply sit outside of common human perception.

Any thoughts?

edit on 18-10-2012 by Kashai because: modified content

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal

As an example:

To demonstrate this, Weizmann Institute researchers built a tiny device measuring less than one micron in size, which had a barrier with two openings. They then sent a current of electrons towards the barrier. The "observer" in this experiment wasn't human. Institute scientists used for this purpose a tiny but sophisticated electronic detector that can spot passing electrons. The quantum "observer's" capacity to detect electrons could be altered by changing its electrical conductivity, or the strength of the current passing through it.

Apart from "observing," or detecting, the electrons, the detector had no effect on the current. Yet the scientists found that the very presence of the detector-"observer" near one of the openings caused changes in the interference pattern of the electron waves passing through the openings of the barrier. In fact, this effect was dependent on the "amount" of the observation: when the "observer's" capacity to detect electrons increased, in other words, when the level of the observation went up, the interference weakened; in contrast, when its capacity to detect electrons was reduced, in other words, when the observation slackened, the interference increased.

source

That experiment is flawed due to the electromagnetic effect of the "observer" on the electrons.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ajax84
So modern physics tells us that the world is an illusion

Learn punctuation ("So, [comma] modern...") and, no.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
This is a great topic.

Again, the universe works like the Human mind. Everything exists as pure potential until it becomes a measured state. So the universe is a mind. It's the collective unconscious.

If I say to myself, I want Subway. Then getting a steak sandwich or getting a chicken breast sandwich are 2 probable states. Once I make the choice to go to Subway and I get a chicken breast sandwich, that goes from potential to a measured state.

This is true for everything including the universe itself. A tree was potential before it was a measured state. The earth, sun and moon were potential before they became measured states. This is also true for the universe itself.

So the mind is a wave of potential and the brain makes a choice that cause one of these probable states to become a measured state.

The question then becomes is choice a fundamental property of the universe because the smallest thing exists as potential until the observer makes a choice and a probable state becomes a measured state. So the moon existed as potential before it became a measured state. Who made the choice for that potential to become a measured state? Is the Wave Function itself a potential state? Can the wave function be programmed to produce a desired measured state? Will quantum computers allow us to program the wave function?

There's still a lot of questions but the universe and the human mind work in the same way.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The world is not an illusion.

It is just that we see only a fragment of all possible frequencies. There is a subtle, but important, difference.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Just so you know, atheists deny a creator god or other gods, but their views on the possibities of whether or not a soul or afterlife is real, differs depending on the person.

I for one, believe an afterlife could be possible, though I don't believe it would something like "heaven" and "hell" or that "souls" would be what most people believe them to be.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth

Originally posted by Ajax84

Originally posted by john_bmth
Still waiting for the proof of existence of these so-called "immaterial souls"...

^
^
There's your proof.

Well, where is it? You posted a YouTube video, that's it. That's not proof.

Why don't you get up and go and research it if you truly want to know? instead of requesting or more like demanding answers? or wait, just hold on, some day you'll die and then you will know
or maybe not..

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
if we effectively exist and have a physical body because of our quantum state and our brain is self experiencing itself and our matter
then what is stopping us from stopping this process ourselves ,like if we were just to stop thinking that we exist or is there some sort of built in mechanism which stops us from doing this ?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join