It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO or so i think?.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I shot this a couple of nights ago from my balcony. I first noticed it by it's lack of speed, and i watched this for a full 10 minutes. It was flying too slow for an aeroplane, it wasn't an Helicopter, there was no noise. It changed direction a few times. There were no Navigation lights, or strobes as you hear me say in the video.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Unfortunately no analysis will be possible given the source material.

- No points of reference allowing for estimation of size, height and speed.
- Out of focus , partially blurry, single light in the night sky

What do we have ?

- Object didn't create sound ( Maybe it did but was too far away, since we have no point of reference we can not judge how far away it was, so no sound is not a valid point )
- Object changed direction various times ( I accept that this should be clearly visible when watching it with your own eyes )

That's a tough one, my money is on ultra-light plane or a remote controlled device, but could as well have been something else.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Strobe lights...????

as it's just another video of something we cant say what we think it is.....if you want a honest answer..after viewing the video i just thought "why Bother" as these video's never actually show anything other than a white dot on a dark background...

sorry...i'm trying to be honest with you.

EDIT...I could make this video by covering myself in as black bed sheet and filming a light source through a fag burn..

edit on 17-10-2012 by Stevie777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie

What do we have ?

- Object didn't create sound ( Maybe it did but was too far away, since we have no point of reference we can not judge how far away it was, so no sound is not a valid point )
- Object changed direction various times ( I accept that this should be clearly visible when watching it with your own eyes )

That's a tough one, my money is on ultra-light plane or a remote controlled device, but could as well have been something else.

Thanks for you're comments. It was low on the Horizon, if i would have gone a bit lower with the cam corder you would have see the houses silly me. It was quite close as well, and at one time it halted or hovered. It covered about 5 or 7 miles before it disappeared, it just faded out.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stevie777
Strobe lights...????

as it's just another video of something we cant say what we think it is.....if you want a honest answer..after viewing the video i just thought "why Bother" as these video's never actually show anything other than a white dot on a dark background...

sorry...i'm trying to be honest with you.

I appreciate your honesty, i am at a loss to explain it as well?.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferryman

No idea at all, it is kinda weird as it wasnt strobing at all that I noticed, but the video on this comp sucks so it was skipping on me, I will have to look at it on my phone after it charges, or the laptop when I get home.

I just have to say, you brits sound so funny to me. ( I am American, or a yank as you would say) Nothing like all the brits I see on TV, though we Americans sound nothing like the ones you guys hear on TV most the time either I am sure.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

No idea at all, it is kinda weird as it wasnt strobing at all that I noticed, but the video on this comp sucks so it was skipping on me, I will have to look at it on my phone after it charges, or the laptop when I get home.

I just have to say, you brits sound so funny to me. ( I am American, or a yank as you would say) Nothing like all the brits I see on TV, though we Americans sound nothing like the ones you guys hear on TV most the time either I am sure.

Please to meet you Inversly I have a Nottingham accent (Robin Hood comes from there i taught him all he knew Joke) and i have had a stroke so that would alter my voice. I've been to America, Florida, Orlando in actual fact, stayed the Marriott hotel at the side of Sea World. It was one of the most enjoyable holidays i have ever had.
edit on 17-10-2012 by Ferryman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I live in Newcastle upon Tyne and i have literally just seen something very similar. Around 15 mins ago i was out for a smoke and what i saw at first glance you would pass off as an aircraft but watching it pass over it appeared to have no wings at all, just a shiny cylinder. It moved very slowly and as it passed into the distance resembled your video.

I dint have anything to hand to film it, i could have grabbed my mobile but im sure that the video would have been dismissed.

Strange!

Dave

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by waveydavey

I live in Newcastle upon Tyne and i have literally just seen something very similar. Around 15 mins ago i was out for a smoke and what i saw at first glance you would pass off as an aircraft but watching it pass over it appeared to have no wings at all, just a shiny cylinder. It moved very slowly and as it passed into the distance resembled your video.

I dint have anything to hand to film it, i could have grabbed my mobile but im sure that the video would have been dismissed.

Strange!

Hi Dave pleased to meet you. I have witnessed this kind of thing before, what gets me about these sightings there is no noise, and this one was quite close.
Dave

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by waveydavey

seriously? I have never talked to anyone who actually saw a cylindrical UFO before, only read about them.

They are one of the oldest types observed in human history. Very cool, I am jealous, I have never seen anthing that was even remotely none human in design.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Yeah Seriously!
It may well have been nothing i suppose but what i saw was definitely aircraft fuselage shaped, no wings though and moving quite slowly, this made it difficult to gauge the altitude. Once it moved far enough away so that it wasn't discernible as a cylinder any more it glowed very much like the vid in the OP.
It could have been a lighting trick, but no noise and moving too slow aircraft (or so it seemed).

I'm not claiming anything really i suppose, more a what if moment! It would also be the first "thing" that i have been unable to identify in the sky as either aircraft, satellite, meteor or such.

Would be interesting to see if there are any more observers in the north of England who may be able to confirm or De-bunk what i saw.

Dave

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Time, date, location & direction facing all simple required facts NOT given, also typical night video single light to much zoom auto focus used big mistake!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferryman

Thanks for you're comments. It was low on the Horizon, if i would have gone a bit lower with the cam corder you would have see the houses silly me. It was quite close as well, and at one time it halted or hovered. It covered about 5 or 7 miles before it disappeared, it just faded out.

Seriously YOU have no information to gauge size,distance or speed

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

What do we have ?

What direction were you facing?

What gave you the impression of it being quite close and how were you able to ascertain its moving the specified distance?

All we have to go on is your description as the video supplied is a white dot on a black back ground with plenty of camera movement.

I suspect you viewed a passing satellite if it was moving or you were filming a star or planet as by the video supplied it looks stationary.

how can you think its a UFO? Either you know what you are observing or you don't which would make it unidentified to you.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

What do we have ?

What gave you the impression of it being quite close and how were you able to ascertain its moving the specified distance?

All we have to go on is your description as the video supplied is a white dot on a black back ground with plenty of camera movement.

I suspect you viewed a passing satellite if it was moving or you were filming a star or planet as by the video supplied it looks stationary.

how can you think its a UFO? Either you know what you are observing or you don't which would make it unidentified to you.

I was facing south west initially, and as i said if i would have lowered the cam corder a little bit you would have seen the houses which are close. The object was moving from the west to the east. I have been watching the skies long enough to differentiate between a Planet, a satellite or a star. In answer to your question look at the title of my video, "UFO or so i think"

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

At what time did you see this , could it have been this ?
spaceflight1.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing. I find it interesting.

I've seen something quite similar from both looking at your vid and hearing your description. Silent, one bright, white light, kind of bobbed around around at one point--like helicopters are won't to do when they are holding position in a wind, and finally got moving again until it was out of sight.

Silent helicopters do allegedly exist, outside of that???

edit on 17-10-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

What do we have ?

I was facing south west initially, and as i said if i would have lowered the cam corder a little bit you would have seen the houses which are close. The object was moving from the west to the east. I have been watching the skies long enough to differentiate between a Planet, a satellite or a star. In answer to your question look at the title of my video, "UFO or so i think"

"In answer to your question look at the title of my video, "UFO or so i think"

lets abbreviate shall we: U = Unidentified F = Flying O = Object continue with or so I think

Just UFO would be suffice, however adding the or so I think gives the impression that you think its something unidentified. How can you think its unidentified, don't you know what you know and if what you know doesn't fit your observation the its simply unidentified, thinking its unidentified implies you don't really know what you think you know

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Ok i could without the 3rd degree in questioning, are you trying to blind with science because i have had a stroke?.
I will tell you something, i have NOT posted this Video up as a Hoax, i pride myself on my honesty (Heaven knows that's a rarity today). I call a spade a spade instead of a shovel, and i don't like my integrity being questioned.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

At what time did you see this , could it have been this ?
spaceflight1.nasa.gov...®ion=England&city=Reading

Hi Gortex no it wasn't any of those, it was too low, and i have been talking to a friend of mine who saw the same thing. There is a Rugby club at the back of him, he said it rose from there. Weird or what?.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join