It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One day I really will go postal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Online it is easy ( for me, anyway) or easier to step back, mellow, and converse. In real life.. well lets just say I get annoyed easily with incompetence. One "mistake" Im okay. Second or 3rd, I have to kind of restrain myself from snatching someones eyes out. I deal a lot with the public and for my own sanity have dropped my involvement in city govt and running our local crime stoppers. Now I just do a coupla things.. but even in just home life.. Im red-lining today.

The NUTshell version:
My daughter is a liver transplant recipient. Medications keep her alive and the donor liver healthy. Someones child died and the parents graciously gifted her this liver, so Im sort of protective of not only her life, but it as well. Being in contact with the donor family.. I take this stuff seriously. Last month the pharmacy goofed her meds up. Im a prepper about everything, so I had her meds stocked up ( about 20K a month total) to hold her over as she cant miss ONE dose. Today.. today they messed it up again. I try to be calm and walk them through it. I am initially dealing with a pharmacy tech who can barely speak English and refuses to write down our last name.. which is a doozy. Then I had to speak to an assistant pharmacist.. this one spoke English, but was snotty and refused to do her job. Im getting hot by now..and speak with the head pharmacist.. again, incompetency and a refusal to do their job or even look in a computer to see the records and refills. Im about to blow my stack and call my daughters transplant team head nurse.. she said she would take care of it after I told her what was going on. We are close friends and she knows me. LOL! So... about 10:00 this morning she called me and said to switch pharmacies.. they had it all screwed up and refused to rectify the mistakes.. and she would handle my insurance issue now.

So.. exactly WHO got my daughters life prolonging meds?? WHY wont the ones responsible for the issue take responsibility and fix the problem they created? WHY does a pharmacy tech not speak English?

Just got off the phone... Insurance is now handling it, there is an investigation by them into the pharmacy for losing that many drugs.. or simply trying to commit fraud for the 20K and get ins to pay twice. Thank goodness I keep records and the team keeps records.. if we didnt, I have NO idea what my child would do. WHat would folks here or their kids do if this happened to them and they DIDNT have back up by t a TEAM of Drs and nurses??? WTF is going on anymore?

I just had to rant a bit.. I didnt want to call the husband and gripe cause he would have been worried at work.
Im well into my 40's. I worked in healthcare well before I did this insane politica and law and community exercise in futility. Id have gotten fired at the very LEAST if Id have screwed someones meds up. Today?? They just make excuses, get snotty, raise their voice on the phone to try to intimidate and pass the buck. I know exactly whats wrong in the world.. idiocy, dishonesty, incompetence and a complete lack of a sense of responsibility for themselves or others that their actions might harm.

BAH HUMBUG! POOP!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I got upset just thinking about that if I were in your shoes... I'm known as a bit of hothead from time to time. I would have jumped over the desk and put someone in a headlock. Deal with the fall out of that after the med issue is resolved. At the very least putting an ignorant pharma tec in a headlock would have made me feel a lot better.

a few minutes later...

Still pissed about your story. Told the wife and texted a buddy that works in big pharma. The lack of empathy towards your situation from these f@*ktards is disturbing. This type of behaivior should never be tolerated or dismissed. You do what you have to do for your children. If that means headlocks, so be it.

My buddy said that if that happens again call the manufacturer of the ARM's and they will hook you up with a free script.
edit on 17-10-2012 by BlastedCaddy because: Arrr like pirate.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy
I got upset just thinking about that if I were in your shoes... I'm known as a bit of hothead from time to time. I would have jumped over the desk and put someone in a headlock. Deal with the fall out of that after the med issue is resolved. At the very least putting an ignorant pharma tec in a headlock would have made me feel a lot better.

LOL! Thats one problem.. I was on the phone with them. Next time Ill go in person. Sometimes my presence... it makes someone think twice about being a fool. On the phone...not so much.

The husband and I make jokes all the time about having cash for bail.. its only half-a-joke. I want the old days back when being a coiled snake didnt mean you are looking for a lawsuit and catching a charge from some dummy. Like when if someone was a fool you get smacked. WHAP! Think twice about it next time.

Amusing thing is that Id not be this calm if I hadnt had back-up meds for her. I have goofballs I know emailing me videos to cheer me up.. AKA.. prevent a freaking stroke or having to put money on my books.

Im told that if I cant watch this vid and be in a good mood afterward.. Im just not human. Im going to play this in a loop all day then... cause I have a feeling this nonsense isnt over.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Some pharmacies are really incompetent, and they get pissy when you call them on it. You always have you check your meds, count the pills, etc., because they screw up a lot.

I have dropped more than one pharmacy because, not only were the techs rude and unable to understand simple English, but the pharmacists were totally rude as well. They don't even want to check to see if your complaint is valid, they just argue with you and act like snobs.

The last time I had an issue with a pharmacy, I had to argue that my Rx was a 20 day supply, and after 20 days, I was due a refill. The tech said it wasn't. I said, 60 pills, three times a day, is a 20 day supply. She argued and said it was a 30 day supply. I asked to speak to her supervisor. The supervisor made the same argument. I said, please get out a calculator, since y'all cannot add without one. I heard them clicking away for 3 minutes, arguing. Finally I had to cut in and say, THREE TIMES TWENTY IS WHAT? SIXTY!!!

It took me over 10 minutes to convince these two dummies that I was right.

I would call the State Board of Pharmacy if I were you, to lodge a complaint against this obviously incompetent (and possibly corrupt) pharmacy. It's a matter of life and death, I believe you would be heard and taken seriously.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Some pharmacies are really incompetent, and they get pissy when you call them on it. You always have you check your meds, count the pills, etc., because they screw up a lot.

I have dropped more than one pharmacy because, not only were the techs rude and unable to understand simple English, but the pharmacists were totally rude as well. They don't even want to check to see if your complaint is valid, they just argue with you and act like snobs.

The last time I had an issue with a pharmacy, I had to argue that my Rx was a 20 day supply, and after 20 days, I was due a refill. The tech said it wasn't. I said, 60 pills, three times a day, is a 20 day supply. She argued and said it was a 30 day supply. I asked to speak to her supervisor. The supervisor made the same argument. I said, please get out a calculator, since y'all cannot add without one. I heard them clicking away for 3 minutes, arguing. Finally I had to cut in and say, THREE TIMES TWENTY IS WHAT? SIXTY!!!

It took me over 10 minutes to convince these two dummies that I was right.

I would call the State Board of Pharmacy if I were you, to lodge a complaint against this obviously incompetent (and possibly corrupt) pharmacy. It's a matter of life and death, I believe you would be heard and taken seriously.

Yeah, didnt think about that. I bet I can get her head nurse to call the State as well. Id HATE for this to happen to someone else that wasnt like I am.. or elderly or had no advocate.

You too with the snottyness huh ( and inability to count.. wtf?) ? I really dont get that. WHY be a snot? To cover incompetence? They really believe they are little snowflakes and are incapable of making mistakes? I dont get it... but there is a whole pharmacy of snotty biotches who picked the wrong person to mess with today IMO. Me personally, if I thought Id made a mistake.. or even if someone else did.. Id double check and do what I could to make it right. **shrug** Ill never understand it.

I'll mellow on here.. staying away from political threads... watch some stupid videos.. and THEN call the state.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Dont be so hard on yourself OP, a good ass whoopin does wanders for ones priority optimization.

I get all "uppity" when someone looks at my kids wrong, threaten their lives? Ya I woulda left a trail of bleeding broken bodies in my wake.

Cudos for not killing the ignorant wretches, even though it would have helped with the rampant stupidity problem plagueing mankind at the moment.

SnF, for having more self control than alot of us would be able to muster up.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

We are expected to be ok with sub par industry standards these days. The day of the customer is always right is far gone. It has been replaced with delays, excuses, crap products and service. I am currently waiting on a parcel that left the town next to me yesterday at 0805. DHL is in for it now when they come a knocking.

You really struck a nerve with me on this. I'm so mad I might make a sign or eMail some one. Unfortunately the lack of response from either of those things will just infuriate me further.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

Dont be so hard on yourself OP, a good ass whoopin does wanders for ones priority optimization.

I get all "uppity" when someone looks at my kids wrong, threaten their lives? Ya I woulda left a trail of bleeding broken bodies in my wake.

Cudos for not killing the ignorant wretches, even though it would have helped with the rampant stupidity problem plagueing mankind at the moment.

SnF, for having more self control than alot of us would be able to muster up.

Many years of introspection and active self control has kept me from justifiable homicide lately.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy

We are expected to be ok with sub par industry standards these days. The day of the customer is always right is far gone. It has been replaced with delays, excuses, crap products and service. I am currently waiting on a parcel that left the town next to me yesterday at 0805. DHL is in for it now when they come a knocking.

You really struck a nerve with me on this. I'm so mad I might make a sign or eMail some one. Unfortunately the lack of response from either of those things will just infuriate me further.

BINGO... expected to be satisfied with subpar service. Im usually pretty understanding with most idiots. I dont think many can really help the way they are.. but this was a big mess up... and the snottiness just sent me over the top. Im clutching my phone and say as calm as possible.. and a controlled voice ( I think anyway) .." Im hanging up and I will call you later." CLICK. I was putting a different shirt on to drive up there.. and decided to call the team first. I was more upset than was okay to go face to face IMO. I mean I was violently irritable over it.

Weirdest thing.. I feel better for posting here. Im sure that the assistance from the team and insurance co is a huge weight off of me, but I was really about to go get a pound of flesh.. even had a fleeting idea of waiting until the person was off work.. until I posted here. Good free therapy.
Its like a devil and an angel on my shoulders..
"violence isnt the answer"
"Yes it is.. make em think twice before doing this to someone else"
"youll go to jail and have to pay the jerks med bills"
"who cares.. beat em till theyre too afraid to call the cops"
"The chief is your husbands best friend.. dont do it"
"He bought a new boat.. bribe him... "

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Situation taken care of.. except some loose ends. Seems the hard copies of the rx gave refills. The idiots at the pharmacy not only did NOT put what the hard copy said in the computer info, but not in the autorefills either. Im getting RX from a mail order place the hospital itself uses.. so thats all good. Now.. insurance co and now some department ( the nurse got ahold of the pharmacy corporate offices) is investigating which is true.. these drugs are missing and a scam is afoot or they are just so incompetent that they just enter whatever pops into their empty little heads in the computer.. and go off on customers.
I'll probably follow this one through all the way.. this situation. I imagine they have gotten away with this so many times they are emboldened. I hope to end that for them. BTW, this is CVS.. not some off the wall pharmacy. be aware of whatever pharmacy you have.. they just might be employing oxygen thieves too.

top topics

join