It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians, do babies that live a short life go to heaven?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
If they're in heaven, do they stay in the mind-state of babies? What was the purpose of having such a short life? I think it's sad to think that if they didn't have the chance to experience life. =(

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Nope no heaven for unbaptised babies.

I cant remember if its purgatory or hell they go to.

Another reason I cant understand why anyone with a brain chooses to subscribe to the complete and utter nonsense that is organised religion

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by chelle21689

Of course they do. All Spirits after death of the corporeal body, go to what some call heaven. Some Christians will say that babies who weren't baptized don't go to heaven....they are silly people who say that....

Des

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Well I can't answer your question, but I will guarantee you that in a matter of minutes you will have all kinds of representatives of a wide variety of cults here, all providing you with the information you requested.

May I extend the question to fetuses as well ? I'm serious. I mean they can not walk, nor breathe on their own, so wow do I have to picture that, are there life support devices of some sort in the heavenly planes, or do they .. you know .. mature and stay 20 all the way ?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

yes, they do. the catholic church changed the dogma a couple of years ago. now, the souls of unbaptised babies go to heaven.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
They are adopted by adult angels that cannot have babies

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

yes, they do. the catholic church changed the dogma a couple of years ago. now, the souls of unbaptised babies go to heaven.

So just like that they changed their minds

Kind of brings everything else they say into question a tiny bit.

So is this ruling retroactive?
did all the babies who died unbaptised before the change now get to leave hell or purgatory and get to heaven?
Is there some form of compenastion in place for these babies who did get sent to bad places but are now in heaven?

Wish they would change the dogma on something useful like pre marital sex
edit on 17-10-2012 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Christians, do babies that live a short life go to heaven?

Yes...

Four year old met his mother’s miscarried child in Heaven

"Colton, still 4 years old, told his mother “you had a baby die in your tummy didn’t you”, which completely shocked them both because they had never told him about their miscarriage. They asked him how he knew and he said that he met his sister in Heaven and she told him what happened."

"Well he’s 7 years old now and it took a couple of years for his parents to really understand what happened, but when Colton Burpo was four years he was having surgery in the hospital for a burst appendix. While he was in surgery he apparently had some sort of out of body experience and could see what his parents were doing. He witnessed that his dad was praying and his mom on her cellphone. Both parents say they have no clue how he knew that, but that it’s absolutely true. And the story just gets more interesting from there.

Apparently during the same surgery Colton went to Heaven where he recounts how he met his grandfather who he had never known, who he later recognized in photos. The interesting thing is that he didn’t recognize photos of his grandfather as an old man with glasses, which is how everyone knew him, but rather as a young man. Colton’s father literally had go find a photo of ‘Pop’ as a young man before Colton was able to recognize him. Now that’s pretty wild.

Link

"In 1988, evangelist Jesse Duplantis was taken up into Heaven. While he was there, he saw a multitude of small children, singing and praising God as they played little harps. When he asked the angel who had brought him there who they were, he was told they were the children the earth did not want. As Duplantis watched these children, who appeared to be from three to ten years old, he realized that they were children who had been lost to abortion. The angel explained to him that these children longed to see their mothers come to Heaven and be reunited with them."

Link

CAUGHT UP TO THE INFANTS' PARADISE

"This dome," said my guide, "is the place where all infants from earth are gathered for instruction. The outer buildings are the nurseries where they are first brought, to be nourished by their guardian angel."

"Whenever an infant dies on earth, the guardian angel who brings it here
considers all of its abilities and places it with others of similar ability. According to its
artistic, scientific or social abilities, each is given a home best suited to the development
of its gifts."

Nine Days in Heaven: The Vision of Marietta Davis: Dennis Prince, Nolene Prince Link

"I believe all she says is true. (Marietta Davis) I too was able to see where the infants are. Everything she described was as I saw it. But I saw and was told more specifically they were all the babies that were born and died, and miscarriages and abortions. I was only allowed in that one room, I was not allowed to travel around like she was. When I was there, I was at home. That is where we belong. Make every effort to get there."

Link

In heaven, children are there, all the ones who died young, in childbirth, or were aborted.
Link

edit on 17-10-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

here is a report: voices.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

It is such a huge pet peeve of mine when people only answer the first question of the title and not bother to read the details =\ Someone explain to me what happens to babies in heaven? I mean, do they stay the same or do they grow up? I just want your view.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
More evidence of this from Rebecca Springer:

"Earlier in this century, Rebecca Springer lay very ill, near death in Canada. She had a vision of Heaven and saw her niece, Mae, there. As she and Mae walked through Heaven together, they saw little children and adults floating and swimming upon a lake that was as smooth as glass.

Later in the vision, she saw a young girl she had known on earth, Mary Bates, who told Rebecca how much she wished her own heartbroken mother could see her there in Heaven and be comforted. Mary’s desire was that her mother would understand that her daughter was not lost to her, but would be waiting for her when she, too, joined God’s saints, that is, believers in Christ."

"...perhaps the most moving part of Rebecca’s vision was seeing Jesus sitting beneath a flowering tree on the shore of the lake, surrounded by a dozen children of all ages. Some sat at His feet or leaned upon His knees and His shoulders. One tiny girl sat upon His lap, her hands filled with flowers, as Jesus talked with them. Their faces shone with ecstasy as He told them a story and asked them questions. Rebecca’s vision confirms that Jesus has a special, tender love for those little ones of His in Heaven."

Link

Because the book was written in 1898, it can be read online for free here.

"Within the Gates" (formerly titled "Intra Muros"), which was originally published in 1898, is based on the 19th century vision of heaven by Rebecca Springer (1832-1904).

"Within the Gates" (formerly titled "Intra Muros" after the Latin for the same phrase and originally published in 1895) is the remarkable account of author Rebecca Springer's experience of being taken to Heaven in her spirit while her body lay dying and unconscious for several weeks. This is an excellent book to give to grieving family members.

The copyright has long since expired and the PDF can be found here and here

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
While not specifically laid out in scripture, but rather say, inferred or interpreted from various scripture, and some pre Christian Jewish beleifs; most Christian denominations beleive in a doctrine called, "The age of accountability".

This doctrine essentially states that one that cannot fully comprehend, understand, or acknowledge the gospel is not "accountable" and therefore is in a state of Grace as if they had accepted Christ. This would mean infants, toddlers, and some go as far to say as old as 12 or 13 (or sexual maturity). I am sure the unborn would fall into that catagory too as well as probably severaly mentally disabled.

That's not an exact definition, just how I recall it, I am not a theologian, just reasonably well read.

I dont' think God sends people to hell on "technicalities". Maybe that's not the best way to put it, but you get my drift.

As far as their age...I could be wrong on this, but I have heard many a pastor say over the years that all children in heavan will actually "become" the age of 33....the same age of Christ during his earthly ministry, and that in fact ALL of those in heaven will be in "heavenly bodies" (which will be significantly different than earthly ones) that will be essentially 33.
edit on 17-10-2012 by SrWingCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

To extend upon this question, many have answered 'Yes' but where is the 'cut-off' age? 6 months? A year? And does this not also bring up the question of those who have never had the opportunity to be baptized at all? We have a whole classification of souls that God needs to have a good answer on or He could viewed as very unfair.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

Thank you. That is a reasonable answer.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by chelle21689
It is such a huge pet peeve of mine when people only answer the first question...

Heavens to murgatroid!

Exit stage left...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingTheWorld

To extend upon this question, many have answered 'Yes' but where is the 'cut-off' age? 6 months? A year? And does this not also bring up the question of those who have never had the opportunity to be baptized at all? We have a whole classification of souls that God needs to have a good answer on or He could viewed as very unfair.

See my post above on age (which I may edit a bit to get more specific)

Being baptized does not save you (well I am Baptist, some other denominations have different takes on that).....

baptizim is a symbolic gesture that you have accepted Christ for salvation....you can do that without being baptized.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

Thanks! Simply put.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SrWingCommander

As far as their age...I could be wrong on this, but I have heard many a pastor say over the years that all children in heavan will actually "become" the age of 33....the same age of Christ during his earthly ministry, and that in fact ALL of those in heaven will be in "heavenly bodies" (which will be significantly different than earthly ones) that will be essentially 33.
edit on 17-10-2012 by SrWingCommander because: (no reason given)

I hope so....I was pretty hot at age 33......

Des

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
From a Catholic perspective:

1261 As regards children who have died without Baptism, the Church can only entrust them to the mercy of God, as she does in her funeral rites for them. Indeed, the great mercy of God who desires that all men should be saved, and Jesus' tenderness toward children which caused him to say: "Let the children come to me, do not hinder them," allow us to hope that there is a way of salvation for children who have died without Baptism. All the more urgent is the Church's call not to prevent little children coming to Christ through the gift of holy Baptism.

1263 By Baptism all sins are forgiven, original sin and all personal sins, as well as all punishment for sin. In those who have been reborn nothing remains that would impede their entry into the Kingdom of God, neither Adam's sin, nor personal sin, nor the consequences of sin, the gravest of which is separation from God.

www.vatican.va...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Nope no heaven for unbaptised babies.

I cant remember if its purgatory or hell they go to.

Another reason I cant understand why anyone with a brain chooses to subscribe to the complete and utter nonsense that is organised religion

What a crock, babies do not go to hell. If you think baptism saves you then you are involved in Mithraism. You do not know anything.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join