It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

October Surprise website.... what could this be???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Short and sweet... here is a website with a Twitter feed and some other info, including a blurred out document that looks like a tax form. It claims to have information on one of the candidates and that information will be released in a few days. Thoughts?

Story

October Surprise Site

edit on Wed Oct 17 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It's a gimmick by a pr company, paid for by one party to attack the other.

Doesn't matter which candidate or party. Just like puppets slapping each other, while in reality it's the same entity putting on a good show.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I had to LOL.
Just one isn't being honest????

I say it's one side or the other. Just another Ad.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Very interesting indeed OP, good find, I wander what it is.

It doesnt really look like a tax form to me, though I am not sure what it could be either.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

That looks like the Massachusetts State seal in the top left corner.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
If its anything against Romney .. they needed time to make/forge this document... You know .. just like they did for BOs birth certificate.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

That looks like the Massachusetts State seal in the top left corner.

Where did you get that from the completely blurred out document.....show me where on the actual document, you think the State Seal is. TIA...

Des

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
To be a true politician, one must lie deceive, and cheat, otherwise what good are they for your interests. It just makes me sick, here is no true people loving politician.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Top left corner like I said.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Really?
I guess you have WAY better eyes than me.
I just see a blob that literally could be anything.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

It is a blob indeed, I'm just saying what I see... lol. Whatever seal it is, to me the blob has a skinny bottom and fat top with something above the the main shape... like the Mass. Seal.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Destinyone

Top left corner like I said.

Well...thank you for proving my eyes weren't wrong...just a blob

Appreciate your help....

Des

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I hope it makes a big deal about Romney not being eligible ebcause his parents are Kenyan and he has fake ?BCs to prove. I'd bet the people who go after Obama for this will forgive Romney.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I wonder if this has anything to do with the hackers that claimed to have all of Romney's tax documents?

From my thread here

These two might threads might be connected.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I was wondering that too.
Those hackers said they would release them.
Four more days, I hate to admit how intriguing this is... lol.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
That's hilarious, it's probably something from "The Onion" or something. Read this line and tell me it's not some sort of joke.

One of your presidential candidates isn't being honest with you. Stay tuned to find out which one it is.

Seriously? One?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The IP 72.167.41.124 comes back to Secure Server out of Scottsdale AZ, which is the Go Daddy Host Center.
It appears to have been registered 07/05/2007 and was last updated 02/24/2012, which is more then likely just the platform update, and not the content update.

That is about all that I could find right now.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

16 Oct
October Surprise @OctSurprise
@PoliBlogFather Interesting. We became owners of the domain yesterday. ZERO affiliation with 2005 version.

edit on 18-10-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Just wanted to add there has been some indication that this is nothing more than a viral marketing stunt.

From Gawker (emphasis mine):

UPDATE: This Fark comment from a user claiming to have successfully linked the October Surprise site to a rickroll prank from 2007 is getting a lot of attention.

The part about the alleged creators working together at Discovery could still support the pet election hypothesis, which is the one I'm personally rooting for.

UPDATE 2: Discovery Communications developer Jeff Hopwood confirms his involvement in creating the October Surprise site, but says it was commissioned by a third party, and claims he doesn't know what the surprise is (though he guesses it could be a viral marketing campaign).

Links from the Gawker article:
Link from Update #1: fark.com
Link from Update #2: politicker.com

ETA (at 6:55pm EST)
The twitter account for @octsurprise is now gone
The website? Gone!
The buzzfeed page that hosted the blurred documents, not there

Looks like one big hoax. Or as others have stated a "rickroll" (speculation was it was for Taylor Swift's new album)
edit on 18-10-2012 by OneisOne because: Add that the sites have now disappeared.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Morning update.

The twitter account is back and they come clean about it being a 'rickroll'. Basically a hoax.

They have removed their website, but the big announcement can still be viewed on a cache page. It's an 80's video.

there are no documents. or surprises in store. at least from us.
twitter.com

When asked on twitter what their plan was:

@OctSurprise It would have been interesting to see what the original plan was before it all blew up too early.

They responded:

@Wasgo there were about 3. i'll write something up on the site in the next couple of days. rick roll was a last resort/worst option.
twitter.com

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join