It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Ryan Turns Up At Soup Kitchen Uninvited, Washes Clean Pans For Photo Op

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It's one thing to turn up univited for a photo op at a soup kitchen but it is another to pretend to wash already clean pots and pans, get some photos for publicity then leave straight away! But that's exactly what the Republican Vice Presidential candidate did on Saturday-

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Brian J Antal, the president of the Mahoning County St Vincent De Paul Society, says the Republican vice presidential candidate showed up uninvited, scrubbed pots and pans that were already clean and posed for pictures with his family on Saturday.

Mr Antal says he was never informed that Ryan was coming -- and wouldn't have granted him permission to make a campaign stop there if he had.

If anything, this serves as a good indicator of just how fake and full of BS these politicians are. It's all false pretense and lies to make people vote for them and when they get to power, they do the opposite of what they promise anyway.

They pretend they care about the people and that they are 'one of us' when in reality they live so far detached from the average person and could not give a crap about what the people want because they serve the interests of the corporations and foreign lobby groups that fund their campaigns.

edit on 17-10-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

He is trying to show you he is a HARD working man.......Willing to get his hands dirty, or in this case clean.....

What a joke.......His running mate isn't any better, probably doesn't even know how to wash dishes, he just pays people to do it for him......

BS......After BS.......After BS.......etc, etc.........

Full of it, should be their campaign slogan!!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
No kidding.... Politicians showing up at Soup Kitchen are cheap and unforgivable stunts with no real meaning and 100% exploiting to homeless they are using as props for the photos.

Isn't it a damn shame BOTH sides are equal scum when it comes to using normal citizens as props for their photos?

I mean, it's not like Ryan invented the concept of being a political scumbag. He has examples in office today to follow as a guide.

(Must be a SLOOOOOW news day to hang on this kind of garbage)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
He will be more usefull washing clean pans everyday then being VP
thats for sure !
edit on 10/17/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

In fairness, at least Obama got amongst the people and actually served a few meals!

It's natural politicians will seek publicity and I am not against that per say.

However, it is another level entirely to turn up univited, pretened to clean pots and pans that are already clean just for a few photos then leave!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Awesome.

That guys pandering photo-op isnt as bad as the other guys pandering photo op.

See how that sounds?

Amazing one of these two morons will lead the country.
Not nearly as amazing when you factor in how many morons live in that country.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Silly Wrabbit.... do you not see the difference here? Ryan showed up AFTER the event to wash already cleaned serving pans and uninvited to boot. Notice how nicely creased, pressed and clean the aprons are that he and his family are wearing?? Yeah, if you've ever been in the kitchen cleaning up after a meal in a soup kitchen your apron is NOT clean much less still creased as if right out of the package.

The video you present shows a President and family actually serving families, walking around talking with the folks there... you know... engaging people in discussion and what not.

I at least will thank you for demonstrating so well the difference in the 2.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

What a perfect example of just how superficial and fictitious the Romney/Ryan campaign is! It's like they just can't seem to get enough verbal lies out there to sway the vote in their direction, so now they're resorting to video lies. It's absolutely pathetic, to say the least.

I suspect that Ryan couldn't stomach being in close proximity to the homeless hungry people who actually utilize this soup kitchen when it's open, so he waited until it had closed for the day and then rushed in to make this fictitious photo op of him washing already washed dishes. He and Romney actually despise the needy, a sentiment made clearly evident by the 47% comment that Romney made during the GOP fundraiser meeting.

I saw this story the other night and thought about posting it myself but I've been busy and I figured someone else would get the story out there. Thanks for being that someone else. F&S for the OP!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

If you look real close at the blond woman in the background, you know what she's thinking about the situation...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

edit on 17-10-2012 by TheToastmanCometh because: double post- wtf lappy stop this

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Colbert paints a pretty clear picture of what actually happened. Check it out;

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

LYNCHBURG, VA -- Amid questions and criticisms related to Paul Ryan’s visit this weekend to an Ohio soup kitchen, the charity’s president said the Republican vice presidential candidate did, in fact, scrub dirty dishes though his visit wasn’t officially sanctioned.

The question of whether the Wisconsin congressman cleaned dishes that were actually dirty – as opposed to re-washing already clean dishes so as to get a good photo opportunity -- Mahoning County St. Vincent De Paul Society President Brian Antal clarified that Ryan did clean soiled dishes.

firstread.nbcnews.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I don't really have anything of value to add, but when I read the title of this thread, I LOL'd at the term "Soup kitchen"

Take a look at the slang meaning of "Soup Kitchen" at urban dictionary: www.urbandictionary.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Let's be real, who washes dishes in a shirt and tie?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Well at least he did something while he was there.

Michelle just put on those expensive sneakers and looked, um well, whatever

scaredmonkeys.com... r-keds/

HOnestly, can the Obama people get any more petty than this? You guys really need something to jazz up the failing Obama campaign.
edit on 18-10-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I have a dirty toilet Paul, come over for photo op.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Well at least he did something while he was there.

Michelle just put on those expensive sneakers and looked, um well, whatever

scaredmonkeys.com... r-keds/

HOnestly, can the Obama people get any more petty than this? You guys really need something to jazz up the failing Obama campaign.
edit on 18-10-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

1- I'm not American

2- I couldn't give a crap who you guys 'vote' into power, because America is going down the same road either way because both sides are literally owned by the same people

I posted this to show how fake and detahced from the average person that American politicians are, Paul Ryan could not care less about the place he visited, hence he cleaned some pots and pans then got out of there ASAP.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Paul Ryan could not care less about the place he visited, hence he cleaned some pots and pans then got out of there ASAP.
Now, I'm just guessing but Ryan is a pretty staunch Catholic, and St. Vincent de Paul's is a very widely known Catholic charity working for the poor, so I'm not surprised that he stopped there. I suspect he does care about them.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Paul Ryan could not care less about the place he visited, hence he cleaned some pots and pans then got out of there ASAP.
Now, I'm just guessing but Ryan is a pretty staunch Catholic, and St. Vincent de Paul's is a very widely known Catholic charity working for the poor, so I'm not surprised that he stopped there. I suspect he does care about them.

If he cares, he wouldn't have jeopardized the charity by doing this illegitimate photo-op in the first place. He's about as Catholic as the Pope, who is a documented pedophile protector.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join