It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MMMMcDonalds

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by steppenwolf86

Why mention it at all then?

I would be of the assumption, possibly incorrectly--that an under-nourished child would be better off with healthy foods that fast food, but I am no health-care professional.

You dont need to admit you lied, logic does that for you.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Nice thread, another conspiracy of McDonalds was that they allegedly were involved in funding the IRA although it was only hearsay. Can anybody shed any more light on this?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by cartenz
reply to post by steppenwolf86

Why mention it at all then?

I would be of the assumption, possibly incorrectly--that an under-nourished child would be better off with healthy foods that fast food, but I am no health-care professional.

You dont need to admit you lied, logic does that for you.

I never said under nourished, but keep putting words in my mouth in order to support your argument. I simply did not like the way my parents cooked, and after a lot of effort, it was simpler for my father to pick up McDonalds on the way home once or maybe twice a week because at least I would eat it. Kids will be kids, and I was a picky eater.

When exactly SHOULD I have mentioned this in order to avoid the appearance of what is, in your opinion, a lie? If it were not for the indignity of having events from my own life dictated to me by a complete stranger along with the fact that you questioned the parenting skills of my mother and father, I would have given this argument up a long time ago.

I find it amazing that you are allowed to get away with such trivial, nit picking attacks that add absolutely nothing to the discussion, which was MY POINT to begin with. This entire thread could have done without all the people who thought they mattered so much that everyone else needed to know they refuse to eat that so called trash. So very typical of the mindset of ATS, people thinking Look how individual I am, I am just like 50 other people who posted the same exact comment! The world needs to know what I think!

As for the dispute between you and I, thanks to your attacks I have a dog in this fight, what is your excuse?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Here's a little unknown fact about McDonalds-they started the Redbox DVD rental chain.

Though Redbox is no longer owned by McDonalds, it did get its start as one of the subsidiary companies.

Redbox worked just like McDonalds to corner the market and become a staple in almost every corner of the country.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinTruth
Apparently, YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT NUTRITION. Those meals are PACKED with calories. 1 meal, is about equivalent to 1 days worth of calories. Let's not talk about calories from fat.

Do i think if these 'FAST FOOD' restaurants disappeared, the obesity problem would be solved??? ABSOLUTELY! Then, people would be forced to cook meals for themselves...with REAL NUTRITION. Poor eating habits lead to obesity. It's easy to have a poor eating habit, when McDonald's is on one corner, Burger the next; up the street Jack in the Box, and Wendy's. And you think that's NOT a problem??? YOU'RE FOOLISH!

Sir, I think you forgot the Caps Lock on when you left home. Besides, I know countless significantly overweight people in their 40's to 60's who never eat at fast food chain restaurants - or the times they have you could count by using single hand's fingers.

Your statement that one meal at fast food restaurant is equal to day's worth of calories is also incorrect. The most popular meal at McDonald's (Big Mac with fries and Coke) is less than half of GDA (1110 kcal or 44%) for adult male.

It is evident you can bring this GDA number up by special hamburgers or increasing the size of drink or soft drink served - but it would be equivalent to claim that supermarkets make people obese because they allow buying multiple chocolate bars at once or soft drinks in family sized- bottles.

Where you are correct is that the availability of food, plenty of food, everywhere with large portions and in a way everyone can afford to buy it is part of the growing obesity and health issues. If being obese is common and frequent snacks & unhealthy eating habits are culturally accepted, more people are bound to turn obese.

Where your accusations go wrong is that overweight is caused by someone or something external. Obesity is self-inflected wound. No-one is born as predestined to be overweight and anyone can lose weight. I have been throughout my life prone to have some extra pounds, yet due medical condition which made eating difficult I went from 170 lbs to 100 lbs within one year.

Seeing McDonald's commercials does not make you brainwashed to eat at their restaurants. Neither does seeing beer ads day make you an alcoholic or even consumer - personally I get exposed to both hundreds of times a day, yet I cannot remember when I ate at McDonald's and I do not drink at all.

There is simply no conspiracy behind success fast food industry. As any profit-making business, McDonald's and other fast food chains will stretch the limits of ethical marketing practices to the maximum and see how far they can go. It is society's responsibility to control, and as needed, sanction when limits are stretched too far.

Many discussions and countless topics here are about how people should think for themselves and control their lives. When failing to do the latter, instead of confessing these human weaknesses it is equally human to find something external - a devilishly clever evil plot by giant corporations - to explain why I am obese.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by steppenwolf86

I never said under nourished, but keep putting words in my mouth in order to support your argument. I simply did not like the way my parents cooked, and after a lot of effort, it was simpler for my father to pick up McDonalds on the way home once or maybe twice a week because at least I would eat it. Kids will be kids, and I was a picky eater.

So it was not a medical condition, as implied by your previous statement, merely the fact that you did not want to eat the food prepared by your parents? So your parents gave in to the demands of their spoiled little darling and you got to eat fast-food, I wont point out how this strengthens my previous argument...

When exactly SHOULD I have mentioned this in order to avoid the appearance of what is, in your opinion, a lie? If it were not for the indignity of having events from my own life dictated to me by a complete stranger along with the fact that you questioned the parenting skills of my mother and father, I would have given this argument up a long time ago.

I continue to question the parenting skills of you mother and father--read your above statment regarding your refusal to eat what was prepared. You wouldnt be an only child by any chance?

I find it amazing that you are allowed to get away with such trivial, nit picking attacks that add absolutely nothing to the discussion, which was MY POINT to begin with.

I have only responded to your posts--so in effect you could only have spent equal to or more time on this than myself.

This entire thread could have done without all the people who thought they mattered so much that everyone else needed to know they refuse to eat that so called trash.

We do think we matter, this is why we dont eat fast-food; we care about ourselves.

So very typical of the mindset of ATS, people thinking Look how individual I am, I am just like 50 other people who posted the same exact comment! The world needs to know what I think!

If the ethos of those visiting this site does offend your sensibilities, you are welcome to cease posting. I am not forcing you to continue discourse here.

As for the dispute between you and I, thanks to your attacks I have a dog in this fight, what is your excuse?

I have no dispute with you, I am just pointing out that your argument here is devoid of any logic. If you are taking anything that I am presenting as a personal attack then that can only be a product of your own mindset.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Foundryman

Do you work for the McDonald's P.R dept?

Just curious.

McDonald's is like Wal-Mart. They both make up the majority of "jobs" available in this country.

You can't live on a McDonald's salary.

The food is # and no amount of excuses from you or anyone else will change that.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

So, it's ok to do such a thing because it's "good business"?

Running people out of business?

Ruining their livelihoods?

That's progress?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by cartenz

Originally posted by steppenwolf86

So it was not a medical condition, as implied by your previous statement, merely the fact that you did not want to eat the food prepared by your parents? So your parents gave in to the demands of their spoiled little darling and you got to eat fast-food, I wont point out how this strengthens my previous argument...

I continue to question the parenting skills of you mother and father--read your above statment regarding your refusal to eat what was prepared. You wouldnt be an only child by any chance?

I find it amazing that you are allowed to get away with such trivial, nit picking attacks that add absolutely nothing to the discussion, which was MY POINT to begin with.

I have only responded to your posts--so in effect you could only have spent equal to or more time on this than myself.

This entire thread could have done without all the people who thought they mattered so much that everyone else needed to know they refuse to eat that so called trash.

We do think we matter, this is why we dont eat fast-food; we care about ourselves.

So very typical of the mindset of ATS, people thinking Look how individual I am, I am just like 50 other people who posted the same exact comment! The world needs to know what I think!

If the ethos of those visiting this site does offend your sensibilities, you are welcome to cease posting. I am not forcing you to continue discourse here.

I have no dispute with you, I am just pointing out that your argument here is devoid of any logic. If you are taking anything that I am presenting as a personal attack then that can only be a product of your own mindset.

You are impossible. I never said I had a medical condition but the doctor did notice I was not gaining weight. I was an only child until 3, but to imply I was spoiled because my father could only boil water and burn everything else is going too far. Calling me a little darling as if it is an insult? I am sorry that your parents only fed you beets and refused to show you affection. I am done with this, you ate out of line and have too much time on your hands.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Like i said before, im a dining area hostess, at McD,s , and i often see kids under ten years old polishing off a box of 20 nugs, along with fries and coke. No one forces them to do that, the parents give them the money. I see people coming in with theyre toddlers at 10.31 and buying them burger and chips for breakfast. Its about choice, there are healthy items on the menu, i have porridge (oatmeal) and a slice of bacon and the omelette egg for brekkie when im on a morning shift, and a chicken salad with my own bread, plus fruit and icecream when im on a day shift. I think the menu could be improved by the addition of food with more fibre in it. I dont think wholemeal bread would go down very well, but i think baked beans and sweetcorn would be a good addition as we dont sell that many carrot sticks.
Im sure someone will come on and bash my post, but im commenting on what i see and giving my opinion.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ascension211
reply to post by SrWingCommander

Guess what, buns get dropped and used regularly, hamburgers fall on the floor and get used, french fries get reused, if you go through the drive thru you are sure to get the coldest and oldest food they have, the shake machines are rarely cleaned properly, apple pies get dropped on the floor and used, chicken nuggets get over cooked and sold, food gets reused if it is sitting there, the only way to get the best possible food if you eat any fast food is to order it plain, no salt no cheese, condiments in packages. Don't ever order from the drive thru and watch them prep your food, if you can not see it from the bun toaster or fryer to the bag, i promise you there is a definite possibility that it will be contaminated some how, now will you get sick, not necessarily, but do you get the food quality and safety you deserve i would say 70 % of the time whenever you have ordered food anywhere that is prepared by others out of your sight it has been contaminated somewhere in the process. This includes all restaurants and delivery services. When I get my 20 post and can start my own threads I will enlighten you to more information about many chains.

Watch what you eat and where!

Sincerely,

Ascension211

Possibly, but not where I work.....we throw out anything that might be contaminated.....
edit on 22-10-2012 by SrWingCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
After reading this thread all I want to do is go down mcDs and have a double cheese burger. AHHHH it reminds me of the burgers we used to get at school.

@ascension211

Do you prepare your food in a clean room?
edit on 26-10-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by circuitsports

I hope you enjoy your heart-attack-in-a-bag then.

McDonald's and other fast food restaurants cater to the lowest common denominator of Americans.

Why is it that the majority of people in these places are fat, disgusting slobs?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by awakehuman

That first pic is the sign for "I Love You".

There is NOTHING sinister about it.

Tinfoil hat-wearers should focus on the devil's horns, which do not include the thumb.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by RiverRunsFree

I like the way you used pictures in the OP telling the story made it a very good and intelling read....

Here's my opninon i get why you singled out McDonalds it is the poster boy for fast food chains however i feel some of the smaller chains like Burger King Arby's and Wendy's get away with murder while everyone else always points to McDonalds when it comes to the health issue regarding fast food, when in reality McDonalds has listened to some of there critics and did do some things to make things better like getting rid of there super size menu while Burger King went the opposite way and made everything bigger but yet McDonalds gets all the blame.

I'm not going to lie i love my fast food but if we are going to point fingers at McDonalds the other guys deserve it as well.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Fabulous thread, your opening post is thorough and interesting. I think I have a vague memory of someone telling me the history of McDonalds years ago.

Personally I don't eat there. Have eaten it a couple of times in my life but that was years ago. The part of your opening post that I found interesting was the person who took over the business. I am not surprised the Kroc bloke ran the original owners out of business.

Combine the Kroc mentality of making money and running the original brothers out of business and his links to a satanic organisation and there is no mystery about why McDonalds is such a raging success. The cabal/illuminati/whatever are always in on a big business. You can bet they will be a part of the organisation to which Kroc donated his money.

As for the introduction of the fish burger for catholics - for anyone who has really delved into the catholic church and their links to the cabal/illuminati/whatever this is no surprise.

Great work - loved your well researched and well presented topic.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5

I am not surprised the Kroc bloke ran the original owners out of business.

Combine the Kroc mentality of making money and running the original brothers out of business and his links to a satanic organisation and there is no mystery about why McDonalds is such a raging success. The cabal/illuminati/whatever are always in on a big business. You can bet they will be a part of the organisation to which Kroc donated his money.

As for the introduction of the fish burger for catholics - for anyone who has really delved into the catholic church and their links to the cabal/illuminati/whatever this is no surprise.

Great work - loved your well researched and well presented topic.

Much Peace...

The original brothers took the $2.7mil from Kroc and ran. $2.7 mil in 1961 (i believe it was) was a huge amount of money back then. He didn't run them out of business, they took the money and ran. No one forced them to take the money.

Introducing the fish burger was a good idea. McDonald's world wide cater's their menu to local tastes.

Business is about making money. If you're a business owner and don't make money, you won't be around very long.

Personally i'm not really one for McD's...though the .99 McDouble isn't a bad deal.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
their food is really yummy

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Been eating alot of the grilled chicken salads since beginning my part time work. Almost all of them are under 400 calories (depends in part on the dressing, and using the crispy (fried) chicken adds about 200 calories.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join