It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MMMMcDonalds

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
mcdonalds haters are generally self righteous aholes

if you don't like a place don't go there.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by circuitsports

That's kind of what I meant to say in my earlier posts, but I used a lot more words, LOL!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Menrva
We no longer allow our kids to eat McDonald's. It is greasy and unhealthy. Plus myself and at least one of my children have gotten extremely ill EVERY TIME we ever ate there. So there is something in the food there that our bodies do not tolerate at all.

And you just realized recently that the food is greasy? And so what, home cooked meals can be greasy and high in fat content too! Furthermore, I find it hard to see what a post like yours and the 20 other similar statements have added to the discussion other than an overwhelming and pathetic case of bandwagon self righteousness.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports

I'll counter that generalization with another: Most McDonalds lovers are too stupid to know that what they are eating is unhealthy, too ignorant to listen to others who are happy to tell them, too lazy to cook for themselves.

I dont.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by cartenz

Originally posted by circuitsports

I'll counter that generalization with another: Most McDonalds lovers are too stupid to know that what they are eating is unhealthy, too ignorant to listen to others who are happy to tell them, too lazy to cook for themselves.

I dont.

Neither do I. I haven't had a McDonald's barf burger in many years and have no intention of doing so in the foreseeable future. I do cook at home and most of what I eat comes from the fresh produce department.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by steppenwolf86

We no longer allow our kids to eat McDonald's. It is greasy and unhealthy. Plus myself and at least one of my children have gotten extremely ill EVERY TIME we ever ate there. So there is something in the food there that our bodies do not tolerate at all.

And you just realized recently that the food is greasy? And so what, home cooked meals can be greasy and high in fat content too! Furthermore, I find it hard to see what a post like yours and the 20 other similar statements have added to the discussion other than an overwhelming and pathetic case of bandwagon self righteousness.

Do you honestly think caring for ones child's health is an act of pathetic self righteousness?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Do you honestly think caring for ones child's health is an act of pathetic self righteousness?

Do you honestly think my parents did not care about my health because they let me enjoy a happy meal?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by steppenwolf86

It could be a case of not caring, it could be a case of not knowing. Judging by your posts I'm going to say it would be a combination of both.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
nice

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foundryman
Wow, do I have trouble with this entire post. ALL the facts are distorted. And I love how everyone is piling on the "McDonald's is evil" campaign. Exactly what is evil about this company?

The OP seems to be upset that Mr. Kroc wanted to include the entire family in his business model. What's wrong with that? If I owned a restaurant I would want the entire world to eat there. I want to have the maximum clientele humanly possible. Are you wrongly equating obesity with McDonalds? You actually want me to believe that if every McDonald's restaurant disappeared tonight that the whole nation would be skinny by the end of the month? The obesity problem would be solved?

Food additives? Is that it? Funny...just about every food manufacturer uses them but you're just crying about McDonalds. How come McDonalds is evil when they use them but nobody else is?

The claim that he drove the McDonald brothers out of business? So what!? When the McDonald brothers were content with a few franchises, Kroc wasn't. That's the business world. How many businesses have come and gone? Are you crying over Woolworth's, Kodak Film, American Motors, and TWA? They were driven out of business - why aren't you calling the corporations that did that evil too?

McDonalds is a shining example of efficiency, streamlining, and standardization. Their techniques are studied worldwide. They spend millions on research and development to give their customers what they want at the best possible profit, yes profit, that nasty word that seems to drive this board insane.

I understand where this animosity comes from. It's the stupid Occupy mentality. Corporation makes money therefore Corporation is evil. No mention of their charitable works whatsoever. No mention of their effect on the economy. Just knee-jerk reactionary bleating of the sheep.

People actually starred you up...with that rant of NON-SENSE? Wooooow. So much for "Deny"ing Ignorance.
I stopped at this point:

Are you wrongly equating obesity with McDonalds? You actually want me to believe that if every McDonald's restaurant disappeared tonight that the whole nation would be skinny by the end of the month? The obesity problem would be solved?

Apparently, YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT NUTRITION. Those meals are PACKED with calories. 1 meal, is about equivalent to 1 days worth of calories. Let's not talk about calories from fat.

Do i think if these 'FAST FOOD' restaurants disappeared, the obesity problem would be solved??? ABSOLUTELY! Then, people would be forced to cook meals for themselves...with REAL NUTRITION. Poor eating habits lead to obesity. It's easy to have a poor eating habit, when McDonald's is on one corner, Burger the next; up the street Jack in the Box, and Wendy's. And you think that's NOT a problem??? YOU'RE FOOLISH!

So, tell me, oh wise one......why are people getting FATTER???? And, if you say, "they're not"....you should SEEK THERAPY!

Matter of fact....you should watch the movie "Wall-E". The messages are all over the wall. But most of you, are too blind to see them.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Thanks for proving my point about people in this thread being arrogant self righteous jerks. So when I was underweight and my parents tried to get me to eat something I would enjoy to gain weight, they did not care about me...

I actually question the truth in that statement.

Wow I never realized...

Well I am here to battle ignorance in all its hideous forms

Do you get off on being such a judgmental imbecile?

Judgmental, yes; Imbecile--I'll let the jury decide.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Let this be a lesson to you business owners. People are studying Roy Krock and his techniques. If anyone ever asks you for the rights of your name or logo, Run like hell and put a mark on the calendar. You're about to make it Big.

I wonder if the McDonnald brothers had not sold the rights to the name if we would have healthier fast food today. McDonnalds has done a lot to denature and cheapen the nutritional value of food as well as to make factory farms fashionable. Perhaps Roy Kroc was the devil.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
cool into bump

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Thanks for proving my point about people in this thread being arrogant self righteous jerks. So when I was underweight and my parents tried to get me to eat something I would enjoy to gain weight, they did not care about me...

Wow I never realized...

Question it all you want, why in the world would I lie?

I am assuming you are falsifying the above because your argument pro-McDonald's has no validity and you would most likley have mentioned this earlier in the discourse if the claim was in-fact truthful

Dear God, what a troll... Get a life man!

Get some knowledge man!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Okay, so Ray Kroc bought out the McDonald's brothers for $2.7 mil. That was a huge sum of money back then. No one forced the McDonalds brothers to take the money. And McDonald's has been very successful in marketing it's busines. That's all part of being in business.

Yes, McD's (and fast food in general) isn't the healthiest fare. No one is forced to eat there. People eat there of their own free will.

I've never been a McD's fan. If i get a fast food burger it's Wendy's or Carl's Jr. Wendy's new Bacon Portobella cheeseburger is pretty good.

And if i make my own at home it's alot more greasy and loaded than anything from a fast food place. Because i like a nice greasy hamburger using 75/25 ground beef, usually a 3/4 to 1 lb or so patty, with cheese, bacon, mayo, mustard, guac, tomato, red onion and lettuce.

But it's all about moderation. It's not like i do up a monster burger every day. Same with fast food, nothing wrong with indulging on occasion.

I do agree people do indulge way too frequently on fast food. Whether it's because they're cheap, can't afford to or too lazy to cook on their own food, i dunno.

edit on 19-10-2012 by bg_socalif because: fat fingers on the keyboard.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Wow I never realized...

Question it all you want, why in the world would I lie?

I am assuming you are falsifying the above because your argument pro-McDonald's has no validity and you would most likley have mentioned this earlier in the discourse if the claim was in-fact truthful

Dear God, what a troll... Get a life man!

Get some knowledge man!

Your have way too much time on your hands to be able to psycho analyze someones statement about their upbringing over the internet.Get some knowledge? Maybe I should ask you to share some, because you obviously have all of it?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Your have way too much time on your hands to be able to psycho analyze someones statement about their upbringing over the internet.

Does that mean my hypothisis is correct?

Get some knowledge? Maybe I should ask you to share some, because you obviously have all of it?

What do you wish to know?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Your have way too much time on your hands to be able to psycho analyze someones statement about their upbringing over the internet.

Does that mean my hypothisis is correct?

Get some knowledge? Maybe I should ask you to share some, because you obviously have all of it?

What do you wish to know?

No, you were not correct. Besides why would I mention something before it was even close to relevant to the conversation?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join