It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MMMMcDonalds

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Would like to clear a few things up on McDonalds.

-Food is the same food you get at the store. When some of our stores run out they have to go to grocery store to temporarily run off their product. Its the same product.
-Eggs and chicken is real. Only 'prepped' and 'blended' chicken would be the nuggets.
-Nothing is held "under a heat lamp" - you are thinking of other places?
-If anything you should be angry at how much food is thrown away. Fries are held only 8 minutes before being thrown out. Burgers a similar time. Usually they sell so fast you don't have this issue.
-Food is not re-heated.
-There are no microwaves for primary food.
-They use super heated baking ovens to cook pies/cookies/biscuits/etc. So hot it will take your skin off.
-Meat is frozen just like you freeze product at home! Gasp!

-Want your fries to be hot? Eat them the second you get them. They only keep their heat for a few minutes. Driving home first or eating anything else first = cold fries.
-Get cold fries? GO TO THEM. They are supposed to replace them.

I will agree that McDonald's isn't the best food out there, but majority of the hate is based on misunderstanding. Understand though that 70% or more of McDonald's Restaurants are NOT OWNED BY MCDONALDS.

They were owned by owner operators. Franchise owners. AKA: Local / regional people.

Which is why each store has such a variety of quality...and even prices. Food might by $1.50 here, and $2.00 there. Due to owner's decisions.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by littleflash

All products are 100% beef chicken and fish, and as of next year we will be going organic (yes we- I am a supervisor of a small branch). The only thing that is added to our products- is a small amount of sugar in the buns (except the new wheatgerm buns).

How much sugar? is it sucrose or some other sugar? when is it added?--since you work there you may be able to shed some light on that for me.

There are healthy heart tick meals that are recommended by the heart foundation, and just like every other fast food company over here, we now have calories and fat information on all of our menus. We no longer have supersized products (although America still does). There are salads also available- which are made fresh and are healthy.

How much do you pay for the heart assoc. tick?
www.dailytelegraph.com.au...

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the MYTH that there is added pig fat in the sundae mix- this is also not true of McDonalds - although there are rumors that the myth originated from a Burger King- which apparently recycle the ice creams if they are made incorrectly...

slander the competition, nice PR work

Whats more is, a lot of the workers are about 15 years old. It is their first job and they are only there for a bit of spending money...

Because it costs more to employ adults, so McDs employs kids who are new to the job market and dont know what rights they have in the workplace.

All of the workers are trained for at least 50 hours before they are left alone and they are trained as cooks (yes, cooks) and baristas that are recognized accomplishments from other businesses around the world. McDonalds has the second best training programs in the world- behind British Airlines.

How is this measured? I know the University I worked for offered post-grad degrees under salary sacrificing FBT (fringe benifit tax)--would you say McDs are offering training on par to an Australia University? Can British Airways?

One of my favorite parts of McDonalds is the Ronald McDonald House Charity. It is several houses around the country that offers support to children with cancer and their families- they are able to stay at the houses while the children are receiving chemo or other treatments. We have McHappy Day- that is a day where we all raise money and all proceeds (including some of the sales during the day) go to the House Charity. I think that is an amazing thing for a business to do.

Philanthropy is the distraction so the mark does not know its being taken.

So, yes, there are some things that are wrong with McDonalds, but it isn't evil, it is a business. You may not agree with everything they do, but they are no worse than any other fast food company.At least, not in Australia. That's my opinion anyway

Opinion noted, however being that you are employed by the company it does make your opinion rather weighted, dont you think?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

If you want anything fresh you have to order it plain, no salt on the fries and no condiments or cheese on the sandwiches. Also, never let your kids eat Mcnuggets, the chicken strips are suitable the nuggets are not. And tell your wife not to use the drive- thru ever. If she doesn't have time to go inside do not bother.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by littleflash

I love doing raffles and collections for the RMHC, its a great charity,but its hard to quid out of people these days!
My biggest bug-bare is not what we serve to people, end of they day, its there choice, but i hate the amount of food we throw away and the amount of rubbish we produce, we need recycle more. Also i wish our portions weret so big, it upsets to throw away a half a bottle of chilled evian when theres kids in the world who dont have clean water.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
None of these companies started out to be the horrible companies they are today. Walmart is a perfect example. But it's the laws and the practice that have allowed American big business to literally get away with murder. That's what needs to be stopped.

Look, I have no issue with good ol' fashioned American business. My grand father pushed a cart full of produce to start his company. But that's just the thing. You can't start a business anymore like that. It used to be that if you wanted to be a cab driver, you simply took your car and asked people if they needed a ride. Now you need a million dollar sticker for the back of your car to even start a cab business. That's just one example.

The fact is, the Government doesn't like competition. There is no FREE MARKET! There is no American dream.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I just can't believe the old "So and so said they worship Satan on such and such talk show" magically the talk show can be found nowhere on the entire internet, this exact same myth exists for Liz Claiborne, the myth about her is that she was on Oprah and confessed the exact same thing Ray Kroc apparently confessed to on The Mike Douglas Show.

Well some guy tracked down the episode, The Mike Douglas Show Season 15 Episode 196

www.tv.com...

Too bad no one in the history of the universe recorded the show or has a copy, too bad.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I do find it interesting given the high price of beef and chicken here in the states that they can sell some of those sandwiches on the dollar menu...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RiverRunsFree

The only conspiracy is that MacDonald's is delicious.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi911

Originally posted by RiverRunsFree
McDonalds is famous the world over and to some, it represents what people love or hate about America.

Dont you mean infamous? Its like a corporation that you just cant get away from because its everywhere now. I disagree that it represents America though. I dont think of Thailand when I have thai food. I dont think of Japan when I have sushi. McDonalds make hamburgers, mediocre ones with pretty bad taste but because the restaurants are everywhere and people have limited time to eat, its convenient.

I realize you have looked at the American culture part of McDonalds but you should check into the meat. Thats where the nightmare start. I heard from someone who works at one of their slaughter houses that they have to prod the cows just to get them up the ramp to their death. Because they only buy the worst cows they can find. They are cheap and people dont care about quality meat at McDonalds. They want cheap meat.

To me, the yellow M against the red background represents a yellow greasy M against a bloody red background. Like a picture from the floor on one of their slaughter houses.

If I lived in America, I would be more proud of having had Luther King living there once.

edit on 17-10-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

I worked at a Cattle factory that sold beef to Mcdonalds. I imagine there are tons of factories that Mcdonalds get their beef from but this canadian cattle was good beef that we sold them. We also sold a lot of cow hooves to pepsi.
edit on 18-10-2012 by salmoneggs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
It truly boggles my mind that some people here [ after reading/or not reading the the links posted here] still believe that McD's meat and chicken is 100% quality [meaning no innards or useless unappealing body parts... OR chemicals] beef and chicken.

Does anyone remember "Pink Slim" that was used to make hamburger meat for McD's, and was exposed to the public last year?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------
By M. Alex Johnson, msnbc.com

McDonald's confirmed that it has eliminated the use of ammonium hydroxide — an ingredient in fertilizers, household cleaners and some roll-your-own explosives — in its hamburger meat.
Follow @MAlexJohnson
The company denied that its decision was influenced by a months-long campaign by celebrity chef Jamie Oliver to get ammonium-hydroxide-treated meats like chicken and beef out of the U.S. food supply. But it acknowledged this week that it had stopped using the unappetizing pink goo — made from treating otherwise inedible scrap meat with the chemical — several months ago.

Besides being used as a household cleaner and in fertilizers, the compound releases flammable vapors, and with the addition of certain acids, it can be turned into ammonium nitrate, a common component in homemade bombs. It's also widely used in the food industry as an anti-microbial agent in meats and as a leavener in bread and cake products. It's regulated by the U.S. Agriculture Department, which classifies it as "generally recognized as safe."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did some of you not read the very informative links that were posted in this thread, before you made your post?
www.examiner.com...

Thanks OP for the great history about McD's. I really enjoyed reading your post

I too find it really odd and a big mystery that Ray Kroc's video is missing?
Hmm...., I wonder who had a hand in making it disappear?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
We also sold a lot of cow hooves to pepsi.
[/quote

Mmmm... sounds delightful and yummy!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lyn345
We also sold a lot of cow hooves to pepsi.
[/quote

Mmmm... sounds delightful and yummy!

Did you ever eat Jello??? Cow hooves are one of the things used to make Jello and similar products.

Now lets hear another YUMMY - NOT

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I have a hatred for McDonalds also.
I love morgan Spurlock for making that documentary in which he guinea pigs himself into nearly dying, from eating exclusively McDonalds food for a whole month. That documentary proved the health hazard that McDonalds truly is. It is actually so fatty and salty that the human body cannot be satisfied unless it is given McDonalds, once an individual is dependant on it. It is basically a fast food opiate for consumers.

The US is littered with fat people, and this is partly due to all the fast food. It has become a disgusting problem over the last 50 years. People need to be educated on the problems of eating fast foods.

It's not about freedom when the first lady suggests eating right and excersizing. It's about being a human being who doesn't need a Rascal scooter before the age of 35.

I don't think there's a conspiracy at work. I just think Americans disgusting and even if they've gaines 150 new lbs, they will continue to shovel McDonalds into themselves because they are lazy and don't care.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

Image Source : www.flickr.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Foundryman

Your aggressive criticizing of the OP's well written, well sourced post is odd on several accounts. First of all, the information is not distorted and the OP doesn't go out of his way to paint Macdonalds as evil. In reality, it's straight forward and doesn't bring to light the plethora of injustices Macdonalds has been linked to. Most multi-nationals are destroying the environment, but that doesn't absolve Macdonalds from all responsibility. There is strong evidence suggesting Macdonalds is greatly contibuting to the destruction of South American rain forests in order to have and feed enough cattle to meet the ridiculous demands they helped create. Don't worry, your precious Macdonalds isn't neccessarily run and owned by nefarious sataninc secret society members. There is a warning and a caveat when OP finally gets to that juicy conspiracy link that prompted him to make the post.

Green Peace vs. MacDonalds

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Well in my opinion, the brothers had it right, they were successful in their method and McDonalds could've been big, and good. But then it turned to greed and money and cheap,bad tasting food. And we now have an empire of frozen meats and salty fries.

I like a McDonalds burger once in a while anyhow, but its sad that McDonalds could have been a true icon of good fast food. Oxymoron?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by metodex
Well in my opinion, the brothers had it right, they were successful in their method and McDonalds could've been big, and good. But then it turned to greed and money and cheap,bad tasting food. And we now have an empire of frozen meats and salty fries.

I like a McDonalds burger once in a while anyhow, but its sad that McDonalds could have been a true icon of good fast food. Oxymoron?

I made a statement way back in the early days of the advent of HMOs. This statement still applies to many things today.

"When something is about people it will be run by people who will do anything for people. However, when it becomes about money it will be taken over by people who will do anything for money."

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RiverRunsFree

Get some historical perspective, OP.

McDonald's was spread worldwide not because it was "famous", but as a tool of US hegemony and also propaganda against the Soviet bloc, just in the same way than all the TVs parachuted in Third World countries back in the days.

"Famous" is a vain word, for a market force that was imposed through horizontal political enabling. Didja ever see people begging for a McDonald's to come to their area?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
We no longer allow our kids to eat McDonald's. It is greasy and unhealthy. Plus myself and at least one of my children have gotten extremely ill EVERY TIME we ever ate there. So there is something in the food there that our bodies do not tolerate at all.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The truth is, we have control over what we eat. I would advise people to just educate themselves on nutrition and then read the nutritional info on everything you plan to eat. If its not healthy don't eat it. There is no need to demonize any organization. If people would only educate themselves and refuse to eat foods with too much salt, fat, and chemicals, they would in essence be voting with their pocketbooks, and I am sure the companies would then be forced to respond by making their products safer. As for Mcdonalds, the sodium content in most of their foods is appalling, I gave up eating there when I realize that one meal there is way more salt than you should eat in a day.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join