It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MMMMcDonalds

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foundryman
I understand where this animosity comes from. It's the stupid Occupy mentality. Corporation makes money therefore Corporation is evil. No mention of their charitable works whatsoever. No mention of their effect on the economy. Just knee-jerk reactionary bleating of the sheep.

Baaaaa.

The stupid Occupy mentality? Hardly.
At least those people tried to make a sound.
Good job generalizing and name calling, though.

People have a choice when it comes to what they eat.
That's common sense. Many people seem to lack it.
McDonalds food is terrible for human consumption and they know it.
Just cause the pressure has been on these past years to actually make salads or chicken sandwiches or have a nutritional value placed where people can read it, doesn't mean McD's are striving for the good of mankind.
Sure, make a few billion and spend a couple million on charity.
That's how you save face.

Nevermind the brainwashing kids get today from watching all the media and its endorsements directly aimed at getting children to be Mc'Donalds eaters for life. Just to Super size their belly.

Oh wait. That doesn't happen either.

Blame parents, or blame corporations.
Either way it's a conspiracy!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

you can eat all that crap you like, but do me a favor and don't tell people it's okay because you don't care about your health. you could say to someone asking you about Mcds food, "it's garbage and bad for you" but i don't care so i eat it anyway

I'm probably the healthiest person you know, LOL! I've played football, wrestled, fought, rode motorcycles, and never had so much as a broken bone or even a cavity. I don't get sick, never have. I can remember my 2 or 3 boughts of flu for my entire life! In fact, there are only 2 significant ones in my 40 years. The first bought made me miss my Little League All Stars tournament, and I was heartbroken, and the last one was about 5 years ago when my son was in the hospital, and I caught something the hospital was spreading, and it caused me to soil their elevator. Two memorable flus, and the only 2 I can remember ever having.

The fact is, the McDonalds food is just fine, even healthy, if it is taken as part of an overall balanced diet and kept in moderation. There is nothing inherently unhealthy about it, it just isn't a complete food source, and the bad attributes are cumulative, so if someone eats too much of it, they get a cumulative negative effect.

I could go do a Jared Fogle-type commercial for McDonalds, never lie, and make it a success. I could eat a McDouble Cheeseburger diet, lose weight and improve my immunity, as long as I did it as part of a healthy lifestyle that included diet and exercise, LOL!

It's easy to blame the corporations for tempting us with that cheap, tasty food, but who is really to blame? There are plenty of fat women in my office that are always dieting, and always failing. I watch them take extra pieces of birthday cake, and donuts, and grits and sausage at every function. Then, they don't understand why their Slimfast, or Body By Vi isn't working. DUH! It is our decisions that shape us, not the corporations and marketing. I have no sympathy for those people that make bad decisions and then turn around and blame someone else.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I've tried to find the Mike Douglas interview with Ray Kroc but can't, I did find this site/blog, it's a bit heavy on conspiracy but he says he's seen the interview -

When McDonald’s founder Ray Kroc appeared on the 1970′s talk show “Mike Douglas” I`ve seen the video, It ´s true. When Mike Douglas asked Ray what he did with all his money he replied that he belonged to a Satanic church and donated a lot of his money to it. The McDonald’s Corp. has been rumored for years to be connected to Satanism. In fact a book which tries to debunk belief in a Satanic conspiracy entitled Satan Wants You, reported the rumor that McDonald’s owner Ray Kroc tithed to the Church of Satan. (see Satan Wants You, pg. 140). Ray Kroc does spend time with NWO elites and is a member of the Bohemian Grove.

reinep.wordpress.com...

What I did find out was that Ray Kroc definitely appeared on the show -
www.tvguide.com...
www.tv.com...

Who knows, anyone?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Ray Kroc on the Mike Douglas Show 1977
edit on 17-10-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RiverRunsFree

All I have to say about Mc Donald's, is that I am never going there again. ITS NOT THAT CHEAP A PLACE TOO EAT.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foundryman

Food additives? Is that it? Funny...just about every food manufacturer uses them but you're just crying about McDonalds. How come McDonalds is evil when they use them but nobody else is?

Im not sure what MD puts in there food, but bugs dont even touch that #! I can go get a burger from Wendys and one from McDonalds and guess what? You could leave the MD burger there for 5 years and the damn thing still has its color and shape. Can't say the same for about other fast food chains, because their food breaks down and gets moldy, the way it's supposed to!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by darkhorserider

I only eat at mcdonalds once a year, monopoly weeks!

Otherwise I avoid it like the plague, cause thats what it gives you.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
It was McDonalds (im guessing under thr Kroc guy) that invented 'super sizing'. Apparently some dude got payed to observe the customers and found they would lift the fries bag to their mouths and tip the rest of the bag into their mouths to get every last bit. Some bought 2 bags but apprently some were embarrased to so they introduced supersize fries that were just a bit cheaper than 2 bags and the rest is history.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by darkhorserider

You know, prior to working part time for McD's, I had cut my portions and/or number of servings by probably 40%. I also cut starchy carbs like potatoes and bread (and soda) by more the 70%. I lost almost 25 lbs. I still ate roughly the same things and had only a moderate upswing in exercise. The upper 30s and slower metabolism have/had caught up and I realized if I wanted more energy it was time to get at least reasonably healthy/serious.

Since I have been working at McDs (an usually eating there most of the nights I work) I was afraid I would gain weight back. BUT....oddly enough, I have maintained my loss. I haven't lost anymore, but I attribute that to the fact that I am probably at the point were more strenous exercise and or a serious low carb diet will need to be put in place. I probably only "need" to lose between 15 and 30 more lbs, depending on different ideas of "healthy weight" for my size/age.

Now when I eat there (which i am not big on prior) I usually DON"T (occasionally) eat the fries. I drink tea or a diet soda if I drink a soda, and usually have a chicken sandwich (or nuggets/selects). Occasionally I'll have a McDouble or the new Daily Double. On rarer or occasion I might have somthing seriously unhealthy like a big mac, but I am getting to where i don't usually want that much to eat. Of course there are also the wraps, fruit smoothies, yogurt parfaits, fruit salads, oatmeal, chicken salads and other options I eat as well. And your right, making the right choices, even with the occasional hamburger or big mac, and you could eat reasonably healthy at McD.

So, I agree with your post. And this is more about choices than corporate conspiracy. Is the most of their food healthy no, but should you eat it 3x a day 7 days a week..no......
edit on 17-10-2012 by SrWingCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

Congrats!

Portion control is a WAY BIGGER issue than the actual food. Kudos for getting that under control, and it definitely gets easier the longer you do it. After portion control comes controlling cheap calories like sugary drinks and trans fat. White (high-gluten) flour is something good to avoid or eat in small portions. It is easy enough to eat a healthy diet, even at McDonalds. I often get Egg McMuffins there in the morning time. I get two of them, scrape off the majority of the yolk, throw away one of the muffins, and stack it into one sandwich. High Protein, low carb, and with black coffee it is a great way to start the day! A grilled chicken salad is another great meal there as long as you limit the salad dressing.

Anyone can eat healthy anywhere, as long as they have a little bit of knowledge and a LOT of discipline.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
24.media.tumblr.com...

me thinks there be connections........

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
You goto McDonalds

Then....

You goto McToilet

===================

It gives people the sheaats? Why??? What's in the food that you get the sheaatts right after eating it???? It's obviously not real food. It's something else, or they put something in it.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

People say the same thing about Chinese Buffets, Thai Food, artificial sweeteners, Chili, eggs, milk, etc. Different results for different people. It is absolutely impossible for everything on a McD menu to give you the trots. If you find out the secret Mac Sauce has that affect, then don't eat Big Macs, eat a chicken salad.

The straws at McD's are larger than most straws, and their drinks used to always give me the hiccups, LOL!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I honestly avoid McDonalds if I can. Sometimes though if on a long road trip and the "hungries" get to me then if nothing else is available I'll end up eating there. This happens maybe three times a year.

But, I never go out for a "McDonalds" dinner meal at home.

It might help them if they came out with a real honest to goodness Double Cheeseburger with real tomatoes, lettuce and real sliced onions instead of the kiddy cut ingredient.

maybe not.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Interesting thread, I really enjoyed reading the history of McDonalds

So.... in the end Kroc runs the McDonald brothers out of business and all other competition by the looks of it, not sure this guy is so nice.

As to the above....I'm afraid I don't agree with you.

Seems like Kroc was just a very good business man.....what's wrong with rising above your competition?

S & F

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RiverRunsFree

There's even a fake McDonalds in Iraq, called MaDonal -

en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe it is spelled that way because they cannot pronounce the "C" and "Z" in their language? Just a thought

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
i never had a problem with mcdonalds
untill one day they gave me my food in this bag

cmon ffs...the sign for "i love you" ...... tut tut

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
i'm curious when did they officially start poisoning the American people and also when did they start putting edible plastic in their burger??

My thoughts exactly!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok

Let me be the first to give you a Star and Flag!
McDonalds is an evil entity, if you ask me.
From it's scandalous Kroc(crook) owner to the current scheme...
It has helped in making cheap, fatty foods accessible to vast amounts of people.
Also., it's been proven that there are little to no actual healthy foods there.
But we all have a choice on what to eat...even if it's the worst thing for you.

Even with all the garbage spewed from the ads and marketing.
Their food is able to sit in a dish for years and never mold...
Yet people still eat there.

Conspiracy?
You bet!

*S&F*

No one forces anyone to eat McDonalads. Sure it's tempting and it's available but I know it's not good for me so I don't eat it, it's not like it's hard to say no...lol When I don't care about my health I may eat it but I'm willingly doing it with the knowledge that it's very bad for me just like alcohol/tobacco is smoked/consumed.

No one goes to McDonalds because they think they are getting healthy food and nutrients...

The public may be stupid at times but they aren't foaming at the mouth and bleeding from the ears...they know what they are consuming is bad and it's their decision to do it. How free is free if we let others decide what we can eat?

Even when I was a teenager, I didn't ever bite into a greasy quarter pounder and think..."this must be so nutritious, healthy and overall good for my heath!!" It seems like so many people want to be able to blame something else for their mistakes. Truth of the matter is it's a lot harder to have fish and egg whites...it's a lot harder to have carrots and brockley than it is to just say the hell with it and have fries and greasy beef. It's easier to sit on the couch and watch another episode or read another thread on ATS and tell yourself you'll go for exercise tomorrow. Truth is no one stops you from exercising and no one makes you eat fast food...you can control it with ease. People don't want to work, they're lazy and want to take the easy route and then they blame those who fed them for their problem even though no one made them eat it.
edit on 17-10-2012 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
Maybe it is spelled that way because they cannot pronounce the "C" and "Z" in their language? Just a thought

That doesn't make sense. The "C" is a "k" sound.

M"k"Donalds

Ira"k"

Just an obvious observation

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join