It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Archaeological Discovery Suggests End Of The World December 21, 2012, but.....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Sure, leave it up to some white guys to decode the Mayans work..........

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocha123
the mayans had a vast knowledge in math,astronomy and solar movements,also invented the number 0 that is used in binary codes in computers and series of secret numbers..they also predicted events that are only for their interpretation in their culture ,but the general public has the idea that is also applicable to us in the present....

That's nothing, the Ancient Mayans:

Traveled exclusively by limousine.
Had hair of pure gold.
Had skulls carved with a stick from rock crystal.
Invented the letter ɂ
Hunted "Star Children" © for sport.
Dammed entire oceans.
Ate nothing but corn.
Relocated entire mountain ranges according to the principles of asthetics and feng shuei.
Had better face paint than those Amazonian guys.
Built 24 floor buildings out of butter.

They were way cool (even if I made all that up, too).

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

They didn't actually predict "December 21st, 2012" They talk about a celestial alignment, that occurs on what we refer to as 12/21/2012.

My take on the Mayan calendar deal is this:

For hundreds of thousands of years man was one with nature. We analyzed the movement of stars, oceans, and earth; we studied the effect of these movements on animals, insects, fish, and most importantly, ourselves.

Just as behavior in animals like birds is cyclical. Just as fish eat more so during certain moon cycles. So too is man affected by natural cyclical movements. We used to be in tune with these cycles. We realized that during these periods we had the potential of losing our history, our heritage, our religions, our philosophies and thus our thousands of years of evolution; mostly because we were aware that events such as these had happened. So we decided to mark these events and predict them for societies that would likely have lost this memory. From Egypt to Asia, from Easter Island to South America, we were aware of the importance of this because we knew the cycle of amnesia and its devastation among people it can cause.

To me the Armageddon ancient societies describe is similar to war. War is never really fought on a field or with bullets or weapons. War occurs in the minds of the people you are trying to change. Armageddon isn't an asteroid or earthquake or polar shift, Armageddon is the shifting of our nature as human beings. Some people will thrive under the change, most will perish and it's cyclical; again no different than fish always being more active right in the middle of the cycle between every 2nd new moon. Only our pattern occurs over tens of thousands of years and thousands of generations which makes it really hard to describe to the generation who will experience next as odds are they will be speaking and communicating entirely different forms and languages.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by saige45

ya i know about our (faulty) calender!
lunar is way more accurate! (13 full moons bla bla!)
i was just making a point!
i like you phage,and i'm honored that you'd reply to me!
keep up the good work!
don't you get tired of correcting peoples wrong conceptions on how things go!?
i know i do,so mostly i dont reply!
peace

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GenerationGap

They didn't actually predict "December 21st, 2012" They talk about a celestial alignment, that occurs on what we refer to as 12/21/2012.

Who did? Not the Maya. The "end" of their calendar was on the winter solstice. The solstice was important to many agrarian societies. That is the only thing of any significance to the date. There's no celestial "alignment".

So we decided to mark these events and predict them for societies that would likely have lost this memory.

I predict the winter solstice will occur on December 21, 2013. Just in case anyone might forget.
edit on 10/18/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Even without the mayans, collectively many cultures and religion talk of "an end" scenario.

Mayans just had the stop sign..

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

Even without the mayans, collectively many cultures and religion talk of "an end" scenario.

Big surprise. Many cultures also have stories about a beginning scenario. It's human nature to do both.

Mayans just had the stop sign..

The Maya didn't say anything about a stop. That particular calendar of theirs (they had more than one) used the solstice the way we use December 31.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
i believe the first person in modern time to advance 2012 was Michael Coe. He came up with 2011 but forgot to account for no year zero

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
as i said other day...ask the mayan decendents and they have no idea what your talking about.......surely the people that would know would be them? but doc i watched and the presenter went and asked them in diffrent towns....all of them had never heard of the 2012 theory...think that tells you what you need to know

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

There's actually very little evidence that the Maya even placed significance on the solstice. It seems like it may just be a coincidence that the 13th baktun ends on December 21.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Is there any evidence for it? Aren't there archeological sites which mark the solstice?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The ability to make accurate calendars and tracks the stars and planets doesn't make one omniscient nor a mystical seer.

Who cares if they said the world would end? Not that they did. But even if they said "our calendar ends on this date, and the world will be most certainly consumed in flames and plague!", it would mean.. nothing at all. Why do you folks give them so much credit? I just don't get it.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
I believe I have seen a similar pattern to all these events, it seems there is going to be some "event" for sure that will reshape the world as we know it, and society along with it.

the gods will come back from their celestial abodes and give us a little guidance and hopefully some new technology. what ever this "event" might be it will most certainly have to affect everyone to the same level of conviction if it is going to help the situation instead of making it worse. Hopefully ET will give everyone some kind of smart phone that would be like a genie in a bottle and we can clean up this planet and even travel around the solar system. that would be cool in my eyes.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
lol @ doomsday prophesying. It's an open declaration that one has failed at life and is, literally, if you excuse the adolescent vernacular, a loser!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
It will NOT be the end of the world, but there will be a boat load of people making life difficult for everyone else because “AFTER ALL”, it is the end of the world!

I guarantee it will be a day remembered, and that is only because of all the doomsdayers branding it into everyone’s "fragile little minds" that something terrible is going to happen!

People don’t like uncertainty and are insecure with themselves! Most people love living in that bubble, and G-d forbid someone come along and pop it!
edit on 18-10-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-10-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Uh no, it will be a day, just like any other day.

People will go to work, and they will come home.
They will do the days shopping.
Go to the hairdressers.
Pick up the kids from school.
Go have a beer.
Watch TV.
Make love.
Go to sleep.
And get up the next morning for another normal day.

All exept for a few crackpots in tinfoil hats, who will be too embarrassed to ever be seen in public again from that point on, because they were wrong..lol

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

The age of aquarius doesnt start this year. sorry to burst your bubble

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Woooooooot! More middle aged people spouting about the end of the world!

"Hi...I'm Fred, the Alien, and I'm going to help you...and by the way, since I'm a corporeal and temporal race...I'm going to tell you, impossibly, when the world is going to end."

OR

"Hey. My name is Jose, or Jesus if you prefer, but I'm just a man....some sort of native south american, and I'm here to tell you when the world is going to end. OH! But you can't do anything different...I mean we HAVE to make human and animal sacrifices since nothing of this actually means anything...and we certainly can't do anything to make archeologists before this man...before this post on a website called ATS--oh, don't ask....it's about theories that have little or no value, except for a unlike this one in which I am actually documenting my nothing for--to make humanity think anything different on a LARGE scale. Hey, it's just me Jose/Jesus. You and I can keep this a secret for at least 1.5 thousand years....right? Right? Uh, Guys? GUYS?"

Is it just me...or is it strange that you are captivated by one philosophical doctorate in archeology (Oh, and PLEASE tell me he's not a philosophical doctorate) has said this, and yet there are no other studies by peers to back him up?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I know, im so sick of all these "mayan prophecies " , the mayan's never once stated the world would end at the end of the 13th baktun cycle , they just stated a new era would begin!

Everyone in the media and in general most people when they hear the mayan cycle they think end of the world !
its really annoying because its highly inaccurate and complete misinterpretation of an otherwise completely harmless callander system

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

i think you are right.
I work in huge multinational company and e very day i can see how we cheating customers and maximizing profits... the top level managers are shaking to get more and more... cutting as much possibly, saving in offices for pencils... giving peoples small #ty bonus for ideas how to make cheap cheap... cheap.... exchanging materials in product for #ty cheapest plastics....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join