It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Archaeological Discovery Suggests End Of The World December 21, 2012, but.....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte

Originally posted by Phage
What part of the discovery "suggests end of the world"?

If the date is so unimportant, then why would they bother carving it in stone?

If December 31st isn't so important, why is it on our calendars? Doesn't take a lot of intelligence or time to discover the answer. Just like January 1st starts our new calendar, December 22, 2012 started their new one.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
oh you can bet the bloodlines will continue, they are the same families that have been changing thier names for thousands of years they will poison the earth and live underground like the serpents

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
reply to post by Phage

The discovery only confirms the end of the baktun date of December 21, 2012.

The events all around the world show that we cannot continue on as is, something's got to give. The correlation between the 12/21/12 date and the problems in our world are made by individuals currently alive.

TPTB will use this date for the said culling of the useless feeders, You have been warned

You know now i have said this ,It doesnt sound that far fetched in this day and age

edit on 18/10/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
Of course it will continue.
Even most of the "elites" call it the Great Culling.
Where all of the "useless feeders" will perish.

They all know that something is brewing.
Why else would every superpower nation build underground bunkers?
Why else would they construct huge seed banks around the world?
Why else would the business model become "Profits first, customers last"?
These "elites", CEO's CFO's and VP's have to pay their way into these bunkers.
And it ain't cheap.

Interesting times ahead, indeed.
Good find.

ON THE SAME LINE!

Incredible.

Stars, havock.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

They carved a lot of other dates as well. Many of them being dates that take place after 13.0.0.0.0. If it's such an important date why are there only two references to it? On top of that if the date is supposed to mark a specific event why do the two references refer to two completely different events?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
well us indians know that if nothing good happened a little while ago then when this time comes and goes and your still here you might as well forget about it because you failed.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
how the hell would they know ffs, people are so gullible. we are just a rock, whatever happens will be down to us

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
excellent thread!
i love this stuff.

i'm not an 'end of days' kinda guy,but it is fascinating that these people could actually formulate the date
DEC.21,2012,and actually envision it as a real,actual date.
can we as humans now think about a date 1500 years from now (Dec.21,3512 AD)and think of it as a 'real' date!?
peoples of the earth have recorded time in this way for eons.
modern man is not 'modern' at all! we have all been turned into zombies,with little if any knowledge about anything significant,not to mention monumental.
most of us can't even decide whats for dinner tonight,nevermind a date that is 1500 years from now!
yet,these people found it necessary to record it in stone!
why!!!!!!!?????????
modern man - 'how was your day at work honey?' - horrible! the boss is a jerk,and i have way too much paper work!'

ancient mayan (circa 500 AD) - 'how was your day at work honey?' - 'enlightening! i finished the 13th baktun carving telling of the end of an age that will be in the year 2012!!!'

any way, i think the ancients knew a lot more than we think!
peace
There is a problem when the perceived meaning of a calculated date is used to indicate that a culture using their calendar system, predicted an event in another calendar system.

The Mayan's have never explicitly stated 21 December 2012, which is a date proposed in the Gregorian calendar system.

-saige-

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
like someone posted it just confirms the end of the baktun should be cause for celebration really and the next baktun should start up the following day. Even if nothing happens physically to us or earth its still awesome to live through that one day that many years ago the mayans carved it up on stone

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
December 12 2012 will be an electro-magnetic event. The crossing of the Earth through the Galactic plane. Dna could be changed on a most subtle level. Coming of the Paschats is on the table also. A meeting with our Great ,Great ancestors.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

I have a VERY small list of people I like to troll on this website because of their lunacy.. you may end up on there.
reply to post by Gwampo

Anybody who makes it their business to troll people because you don't like what they have to say is the real lunatic.

If you disagree with the OP, that's fine, but no need to be threatening on top of it. You're the only one who thinks it's cool to behave in such a fashion.

I find it interesting that they are finding a bunch of different "rocks" all with the same date. It must have had some significance for the Mayans. I guess they liked making calendars. Besides, "End of The World" could mean a myriad of things. It's all in the interpretation.

added

thanks for making it easy

edit on 18-10-2012 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
the mayans had a vast knowledge in math,astronomy and solar movements,also invented the number 0 that is used in binary codes in computers and series of secret numbers..they also predicted events that are only for their interpretation in their culture ,but the general public has the idea that is also applicable to us in the present....

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

So nothing happens. the end of an era.

It is written in stone cause they didn't have the papyrus plant, is my bet..
edit on 10/18/2012 by Sinter Klaas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Nat Geo link

In the last known largely unexcavated Maya megacity, archaeologists have uncovered the only known mural adorning an ancient Maya house, a new study says—and it's not just any mural. In addition to a still vibrant scene of a king and his retinue, the walls are rife with calculations that helped ancient scribes track vast amounts of time. Contrary to the idea the Maya predicted the end of the world in 2012, the markings suggest dates thousands of years in the future. Perhaps most important, the otherwise humble chamber offers a rare glimpse into the inner workings of Maya society.

video link

I am no expert on Mayan culture, but my belief is that the end of a bakktun was a cause for celebration. It meant change, maybe in weather patterns for potential crop movement, or perhaps a change in management. Whatever the reason, I doubt they believed they would all die. As far as I know, there haven't been any findings with cryptic messages like "BEWARE, everyone will die in the end of the 13th bakktun, don't bother to pack". Haven't heard of any saying "BEWARE, the Spanish are coming to steal our gold" either so I am not fully buying into their soothsaying powers to begin with. Even back then, they had a saying "Don't believe everything you read"

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Oannes

Except the solar system is not crossing the galactic plane. We crossed the galactic plane 3 million years agio. This means that it will be another 27-37 million years before we cross it again. Not to mention it would take thousands of years to cross the galactic plane so you can't tie it to an exact date.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

i think it's written at the bottom of reactor 4's foundation, in Fukushima..

No. That one says "Warning - Made in China"

Actually, it should say "Warning - Made in USA" as the reactors were made by the General Electric company.

Chinese reactors, by comparison, have had very few safety issues that we know of (probably because they are Liquid Thorium type that auto-SCRAM on failure and also because China probably doesn't want anyone else to know).

Go "the Peoples Republic of the United States"?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie
The first Hobbit movie comes out in December, that's what the Mayans wanted all of us to know. Get your popcorn out if you haven't already!

Well, they definitely got that wrong.

There have been other movies of "The Hobbit".

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

Originally posted by Riposte

If the date is so unimportant, then why would they bother carving it in stone?

Interesting Question...

Stars.

Because they were making a calendar, in stone. Can't do that without inscribing dates.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I would not be surprised if Fukushima exploded. The end. But seriously, didn't Edgar Cayce say that most of Japan would be underwater, or something?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join