Taliban Demands Unbiased Coverage of Its Attempted Murder of a 14-Year-Old Girl

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Can you believe this?!?

Apparently, the insurgent groups just aren't very media savvy, according to Mullah Yahya, a former high-ranking Afghan Information Ministry official, who spoke with The Daily Beast's Sami Yousafzai. “First of all, attempting to kill a 14-year-old girl is a low act,” he said. “Second, claiming responsibility for it is a sign that the [Pakistani] Taliban are not aware of the media’s importance. I have seen more anger against the religious elements in the past week than in all my 40 years of life.” So here's to you, Pakistani press. You've defied the all-too-common media trap of false equivalence

news.yahoo.com...

www.theatlanticwire.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

The Taliban are trying to say that this horrific shooting of a unarmed girl is justified because what she was doing was un-Islamic?

That makes sense.

Like that tactic will change minds. Oh it probably will as people can live in fear for only so long before they end up striking back.

The Taliban is heading for extinction using this type of reasoning and tactics.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

The Taliban are just a bunch of misunderstood pranksters.

Shooting an unarmed Girl, blowing up ancient world heritage Buddha statues, and executing adulterers, I mean, rape victims in football stadiums.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Hmmmm,
I am not expecting these cro-magnon to understand all the implications of modern media.

From the article :

The Taliban is mad because the rest of Pakistan is mad at them over the shooting...

Exactly like a child that is caught red-handed doing something forbidden, will throw a temper tantrum.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Its been reported that the girl was in hospital here in the UK. Whilst there, some people arrived and began to cause trouble in the hospital. If these people who caused the trouble were Pakistanies, then they should be sent home. We do not need these taliban types here in the UK, attacking people in hospital.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
The Talibans own brutal actions will lead to its demise. As has been the case with every tyrant. Word of mouth and media communications is a far more powerful weapon than many people realise.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
The Talibans own brutal actions will lead to its demise. As has been the case with every tyrant. Word of mouth and media communications is a far more powerful weapon than many people realise.

I hope your right and I hope it doesn't take too long for the people to do something about it. Women in these societies need to understand their own importance and power. Unfortunately left to the men and a misogynistic religion I can't see the change comming soon enough.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I say give it to them.

There is no way on gods green earth they can ever justify shooting a child. If they get thier air time it will give them enough rope to hang themselves with.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
They are slowly detroying themselves with there hate, beliefs and idiotic ways.
just keep feeding them the rope.

new topics
top topics

join