It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police use taser on blind man!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by IceHappy

I guess the only way you can be educated is to have a loved one treated the same way.....

Unfortunately with some people, that's what it takes. Thankfully I haven't had anything like that happen to my family, but if it did, I don't know if I would just take it on the chin!!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
reply to post by lewman

the only mention of any punishment is that the naughty copper got his taser taken off him...........diddums!

A Lancashire Police spokesman said the incident was being investigated and the officer's Taser had been withdrawn.

there better be more of a punishment than just this

Great, so he'll just shoot the next one, and once his gun is taken away he'll resort to mace, then his fists. Cops are really the most dangerous members of society, so it seems.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy

reply to post by lewman

the only mention of any punishment is that the naughty copper got his taser taken off him...........diddums!

A Lancashire Police spokesman said the incident was being investigated and the officer's Taser had been withdrawn.

Great, so he'll just shoot the next one, and once his gun is taken away he'll resort to mace, then his fists. Cops are really the most dangerous members of society, so it seems.

'
I'm pretty sure they arn't issued firearms there THEY CAN'T BE TRUSTED WITH THEM YET LOL they are like big babies who just got a new toy to see iff they could be responsible with it and the stupid bastard opened fire on the first person who disobeyed his order. I think we should take all of the toys from the police until these adult sized babies can learn to play with the public responsibly.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Being from Lancashire myself, I have to say we do have some especially nasty police officers round here. We're caught up somewhere between the Greater Manchester Police (City cops with attitude) and then on the other side we have the Merseyside police (also twitchy) - then in-between we have small town cops trying to prove themselves.

I've known of instances were cops have dragged people into the back of vans and beaten them up, taken money from people and some of the police are involved with drugs themselves.

They're not all bad, but... this does not surprise me.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

reply to post by lewman

Great, now its going to be shot with bullets next time with that officer who does not have a taser. A sceen from the movie the other guys pops in my head with the wooden gun

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

im also from lancashire
and i can verify what you say is true
ive been a witness myself too the same tactics they use
its true what some have said on ATS......the police think they are the law, instead of their to withhold the law

edit on 18-10-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gangdumstyle

I agree. The people on this thread seem not to have even read the O.P.
THE MAN HAD A CANE !!!
The police see an old man with a cane walking down the street what else would you expect them to do? Of course he was tazed. The officer had no choice. HE HAD A CANE !!!. God knows what other lethal devices he may have had on him. Did he have change in his pocket? Loose coins? How was the officer suppose to know? Was the officer suppose to wait until after the fiend had used them on some innocent bystander?
I believe the officer acted in a proper and professional manner and there are just too many people eager to criticize the police for any perceived slight.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
who's to say he wasn't on his way to aggresively prod someone with his cane?
that brave policeman could have saved someone from a mild inconvenience.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
is carrying a sword illegal in the first place? in north america as long as your sword is not concealed or a person is not waving a naked blade around it is fine to have.

i don't really understand how you can confuse a sword and "white cane" in the first place.
a blind person uses their cane probing the ground in front of them, generally not even raising it above waist height. while a person brandishing a sword generally uses it above waist level unless defending against another sword and going to a low guard stance. a rather dramatic difference
heck even the movements used are completely different so just the body language should have been rather obvious. hmm maybe the cop needs a "white cane" of his own since he is apparently blind himself and only able to make out really blurry images.
the only reason i can see to confuse a blind man with any cane and a person brandishing a sword.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by generik
is carrying a sword illegal in the first place? in north america as long as your sword is not concealed or a person is not waving a naked blade around it is fine to have.

i don't really understand how you can confuse a sword and "white cane" in the first place.
a blind person uses their cane probing the ground in front of them, generally not even raising it above waist height. while a person brandishing a sword generally uses it above waist level unless defending against another sword and going to a low guard stance. a rather dramatic difference
heck even the movements used are completely different so just the body language should have been rather obvious. hmm maybe the cop needs a "white cane" of his own since he is apparently blind himself and only able to make out really blurry images.
the only reason i can see to confuse a blind man with any cane and a person brandishing a sword.

That's exactly the point.....no logical person could have mistaken a blind man's cane for a sword....clearly the cop that did this is mentally unsound....and it is shocking to many of us that this only gets a "slap on the wrist"....in most cases of abuse by the police, it is becoming more and more frequent...scares the hell out of me.....

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Blind man attacked by cop with tazer.

I'll bet he didn't even see it coming.

This is about what I'd expect from a comedy skit but not real life.

No, no Sergeant. You have to warn the blind guy before you taze him.

Give it here. Your tazer privileges are suspended until you know the difference between a stick and a samurai sword.

One is white, round and goes 'tap-taptap'

The other is sharp, pointy and shiny. It is rarely seen being used by blind fellows.

Unless it's Rutger Hauer.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join