It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

flu jab good or bad for my pregnant girlfriend?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Hi ats followers.
On monday morning i went to my local hospital with my girlfriend of 5 years. She is 21yrs old and 8 1/2 months pregnant.
While the nurse gave her an ultrasound he asked if she wanted or had been given a flu jab.
My girlfriend said she hadn't had a jab so he gave her a leaflet on it.
Now obviously it gives the impression its nearly 100% safe but my girlfriend did a search on google and now she is really confused about weather the jab is safe or not and to top it off i was on the recent post section on ats last night and in there was a story about a 2year old who had some jabs and may have been affected by it.
At the time i was reading the thread my girlfriend came over to me to give it the whole your always on the bloody site! "i am tho lol" and she saw the thread and now has asked me to post this to see if anyone has any advice iv told her its up to her but she still wants peoples thoughts so there ya go..

edit on 7/2/2012 by jerseychannelislands because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jerseychannelislands

No... vaccines are bad for everyone, especially pregnant women. Look up recent Canadian studies on the flu vaccine and how it doubles your chances of getting the flu. Don't do it. When your child is born, refuse any and all vaccines for him/her as well.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
i wouldn't get a fake flu shot if my life depended on it. i'm not going to source it but i just read an article that stated flu shots do not in any way shape or form prevent the flu, but they have complications for many people.

just my 2 cents amigo.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Don't do it..

I have only ever seen my girlfriend get the flu once. It was after her mom made her get a flu shot.

Meanwhile I have never gotten the flu and never gotten a flu shot.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I'm usually pro vaccine, but i would find alternative and proper research for pregnant. But take the anti-crowd's opinion as just opinion not fact.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I have never had the flu shot...they ask me every year at my doctors.. i still have not had it. I have seen some of my friends get the shot and come down sick. I have a very strong immune system so if i get sick its bad but very short lived...i think for your babies sake...i wouldn't get the shot. Just eat a lot of food high in vitamin c and foods that boost your immune system. I just am not sure anymore that what the doctors are selling are safe...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
I'm usually pro vaccine, but i would find alternative and proper research for pregnant. But take the anti-crowd's opinion as just opinion not fact.

uppercervicalcare.com...

More Scientific Research Backing Up Recommendation to Avoid Flu Vaccines Like the Plague

For those of you who are still unconvinced, there’s plenty of scientific evidence available to back up the recommendation to avoid flu vaccines – if not for their potentially serious or deadly side effects, then for the simple reason that they don’t work, and don’t offer any real benefit to offset their potential health risks.

since you asked.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
They inject the flu into your body, so no don't do it. Many people get the flu right after they got the shot.

www.healthscents4u.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

You do know there is MORE articles and peer-reviewed journal supporting Vaccines right?

*we already had like 3-4 vaccine debate and its full of links both negative and positive.

It all depends on what you type in Google.

"Vaccines are evil"

_____

Like i said, Some Pregnant should be more careful, compared to healthy adult.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Personally I cannot have the shot. I am allergic to the thimerosal which contains organic mercury. Besides, I am more healthy then most individuals. What takes others a week to get over, I heal within a day in most cases. TAKE THAT BIG PHARMA!

For the sake of your unborn, do not get any flu shots (to your girlfriend).

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

You do know there is MORE articles and peer-reviewed journal supporting Vaccines right?

*we already had like 3-4 vaccine debate and its full of links both negative and positive.

It all depends on what you type in Google.

"Vaccines are evil"

_____

Like i said, Some Pregnant should be more careful, compared to healthy adult.

uppercervicalcare.com...

A study published in the Lancet just two months ago found that influenza vaccination was NOT associated with a reduced risk of pneumonia in older people. Vaccination coverage among the elderly increased from 15 percent in 1980 to 65 percent now, yet there has been no decrease in deaths from influenza or pneumonia.

then tell me why it hasn't prevented any deaths even though it increased in usage by 50%?

then there is everyone i know who never had the flu shots who have had the flu once in their 50 year lives? anecdotal i know, but for you to argue something potentially dangerous for no apparent reason is alarming to me. you do realize if someone follows your commendation that vaccines are safe and they become ill for it, that you are morally responsible don't you?
edit on 17-10-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Those in the medical profession among my family and friends don't and won't get the "flu jab". What does that tell you?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I refuse to get a flu shot. They give them out here at work, and everyone in my group usually gets them. And everyone in my group usually gets sick. I don't.

That says a lot. I will NEVER get a flu shot. Who knows what they are putting in there?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

In 2009 I had a series of vaccinations required for college that included a flu shot and the h1n1 shot.

My health has continually gone downhill since. I can't prove a link to the shots, but, I was very healthy and rarely sick prior to the shots.

After three years of all kinds of problems, I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. It's an incurable, autoimmune disease that destroys your joints leading to eventual deformities and disability.

Like I said, I can't prove a link, but, the timing of it all makes me believe firmly that the shots played a role in my illness.

My children and I no longer receive vaccinations.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

NO don't do it now!! Wait until the baby is born and the baby will receive it's vaccines at that time.....They will be dosing the baby anyways, so just sit tight.....The baby doesn't need it twice!!

You will be getting your whooping cough and tetinus at the same time after the baby is born also, the baby will be getting a big enough dose of "medicine" after the baby is born......If you choose to that is......We just did with our baby and so far so good!! Healthy baby girl!!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
If she is healthy, why would she even consider a flu shot? I agree with most here, DON'T get the flu shot. Why risk it? Why risk the baby?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
its pretty standard to offer it to pregnant women this time of year. I declined every time I was asked and never got it anyway. Avoiding things like the flu isnt all that hard. Get plenty of rest and keep your hands clean, especially when dealing with communal areas and places.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I would say no, for now. She's 81/2 months pregnant, the chance of her getting the flu before the delivery is very slim.

However, after the delivery, both you and your girlfriend should seriously weigh getting the vaccine because you will have a newborn during the height of the cold and flu season.

Now, if you hardly ever go anywhere or have very limited exposure, maybe you could skip it.

But, if you are out and about, work with the public or have contact with school-aged children, you should consider it as a means of providing a buffer between the baby and possible exposure because you sure would not want to give the baby the vaccine.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Like all the other posters on here I think it's a bad idea for your pregnant girlfriend to get a flu shot and here's why:

www.naturalnews.com...

Flu shots triple hospitalization rates in children. The majority of these shots contain 25 micrograms of mercury, an amount the EPA says is unsafe. While I know she hasn't had her child yet here is something to catch your eye: "Two groups are most vulnerable to methyl mercury: Children 14 years and younger and THE FETUS.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join