It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why did 11 gimme questions require 90 minutes to parrot the same old crap?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Why didn't someone ask " why does dhs need hundreds of millions of hollow point rounds for domestic use, when they are illegal even during war"

Or "why didn't anyone go to jail over the millions of Americans who lost everything during the financial crisis, while the already rich got to steal billions more from the poor without any reprisals?"

Or " why does the president all of a sudden need the ability to indefinetly detain Americans, when there has always been terrorists, and we got by just fine for over 200 years?"

Or" why is it so important to deny another nation the same rights and abilities we claim as rights for ourselves? I e. Iran, and their nuclear program?"

Or "why is it ok to preemptively attack a country based on false information, when we could ust as easily stay at home and simply protect our own shores and stop an attack on America just as fully?"

Or" why have the same people that broken the economy, been placed back incharge of breaking it more fully?"

Or" why is it acceptable to either of you to taxt Americans, than turn around and tax the American dollar by printing rediculous amounts of currency at the FED behind everyones backs?"

Or" whywhen we have by far the biggest most powerful military machine on earth already, need to continue to spend more than the next 15 most powerful nations on earth combined? And can we just not get as much bang for our buch as them? Or are you saying our military does such a crap job of it we must outspend by factors just to keep ahead?"

Or "why is it in the richest by far country on earth, we have almost half the populous at or close to the poverty level, yet have more bilionaires than any other country on earth?"

Or "why is it that, when one already has billions, the deserve to have even more, yet it is acceptable to pay your workers, who actually make the money, so little the government must give them welfare so they dont starve?"

Just as a starting position, I have many more, but I would like to hear your thoughts on the subject ATS.
edit on 17-10-2012 by inverslyproportional because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2012 by inverslyproportional because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Debate aside, people have been asking those questions. Nobody has been answering them, though.

Anyways, the debates are a sham; the questions they ask are hand selected questions that the candidates feel comfortable to answer. The idea is to keep it mainstream, and the mainstream image of America is one where everything is A-Okay, some people are a-strugglin'! But that's okay too, 'cuz we're 'Mericans, the smartest, strongest, bestest, hardest working people in the world, and we can fix any problem, even impossible ones like paying off our systematically impossible to pay off debt!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
All solid questions, but sadly as I always say... the whole system is an illusion. The two parties and "we the people" fight with each other while the super wealthy industrialist oligarchs who've owned this place for very long time go to the bank. Watching these or any debates demonstrates this. They prop each other up with blame etc.
Meanwhile, everything goes down the hopper. George Carlin truly summed it up best in 2005 in his "American Dream" routine.

Back to the questions, I would've liked to have seen them talk about the Libor scandal.
Ah, who am I kidding? No matter what they talk about... they are both owned by the Business Party/Investor Class.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
It seems to be working! People were "tuned in". You gotta love the dog and pony show. Oh, and don't think they didn't already know the questions they would be asked. I'm SURE they both had the script. President's don't even write their own speeches. That alone, should send out huge warning signs.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Controlling content of political discourse is absolutely essential when intention is to consistently serve certain interests. Of course the interests served will be those who hold the most wealth. After all, you can't honestly think that those who control content of political discourse would allow issues that go against their own interests to come to the forefront of American politics.This is not conspiracy theory, but rather a rational outcome of a controlled system.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

Very well put, it amazes me that people who are familiar with these forums will make threads complaining of the political process when they very well know that the political process is corrupt.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I agree with all of you, it is rigged, these were the best questions that they could come up with, to make it look like they are different, but also working in our favor.

Then they have "regular" people ask them to make it look like the are real concerns of the people. When in reality we all know what the real questions are, but they are never asked, as it would be the end of the "party". pun intended.

I just hope one day soon, everyone, or at least enough to make a difference, will wake up and vote for somthing different,as this always voting for the same people idea is not working out for us at all, yet most dont, or wont see it.

top topics

join