It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Rights Fanaticism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
Is there place for those who oppose a gays right to marriage, without being vilified and treated as the most immoral creature to ever walk the earth? Can someone not still 'like gays' as individuals, but disapprove of their lifestyle choice, without being all around condemned as unworthy?
edit on 17-10-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

Honestly, is kind of tiring reading this stuff.

The irony of a person complaining about being villified whilst villifying and generalising against everyone else ... This isn't the first Christian thread where a person is posting 'I'm sick of being called a bigot' etc ... which completely fails to acknowledge that not every gay person they know has called them a bigot etc ...

People have to tolerate your view. they do not have to accept it or ruffle the hair behind your ears. If a person thinks that religion is immoral and you're hideously mislead into evil ... how do you express that without sounding offensive towards you? 'I hate your beliefs, I don't hate you, here is a cookie?' I have never said the word bigot on ATS applying to another poster. Yet any time gay rights comes up I do get told that I'm intolerant because I don't ruffle behind the ears of the person saying that it's a sin or not natural or whatever ...

I honestly believe someitmes the 'I hate X not you' meme is excellent for implying that you're morally superior and the person across from you isn't. I tolerate your opinion, I don't agree with it. I'm not looking to legislate against your opinion and that's one of the biggest signs of respect I can give you. You persons are looking to legislate against me, you do think I'm a sinner / abberation against nature ... I personally think religion is a comfort blanket perversion of human thought for example ... that doesn't make me intolerant, that's just my opinion.

Bigotry is literally someone who is completely intolerant of other people's ideas and creeds. In some ways trying to claim I'm a bigot for disagreeing with you is in fact a better use of the word to apply to the other person. My desire of gay rights oddly doesn't 'not tolerate' your beliefs! Your desire to prevent two people being married does mean you don't tolerate my belief that I want to be married. Tolerate and is 'let it be'.

I'm actually not calling you a bigot exactly here. I'm making a point. The word is misused a lot. Would you call someone that doesn't tolerate paedophilles wanting their unions legalised? Would you tolerate me if I said, black people need to sit away from white people? Bigots don't tolerate any other ideas or creeds. People certainly don't tolerate some ideas and creeds.

I guess my questions here are ...

1. How do I express my opinion with out Christians accusing me of being a 'bigot' or offending their feelings and making them feel 'intolerant'?

I'm sick of being told the mere existence of my opinions offends a persons relgion. If people want me to tolerate being an 'abberation' then they have to tolerate the fact I think their beliefs are false. And I do tolerate it every single day of my life. How am I not tolerating it?

2. I honestly think people are taking this bigot word and trying to use it sometimes like a double speak defense shield; claiming special protection against society's politeness when anyone tells them they're wrong at times. Religious people especially are using it like a special tool to 'turn gay rhetoric back on itself!' I imagine.

Can't we just accept that you think I'm an abberation, I think you're utterly wrong, and tolerate that? I'm not looking to get rid of you; that is tolerance a lot of the time.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You can be a women living in a man's body. Physically you are a man, but your gender is female. From a metaphysical standpoing, how do you address this?

Perhaps reincarnation can explain this. If one has been a particular gender in many many lifetimes, it is easy to imagine they may feel uncomfortable in a body of the opposite gender. Still, we must reincarnate in different genders for different purposes of the soul to learn, so I think it is ultimately not in one's best spiritual interests to go against this purpose. I personally like being the gender I am, and feel I have been that gender many lifetimes. Why must the soul rebel against the natural order so much?
Our bodies were designed to procreate in a certain manner, and when the soul rebels against this natural order, it suffers the consequences spiritually, whether society accepts it or not.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

Animals can be excused from not conforming to natural law when instances emerge of homosexuality;.

ummmm...if the animals are doing it, it

IS NATURAL LAW

...just sayin...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

That's a heck of a reply!

Excellent, wonderful, awesome, fabulous, amazing!

How do I give more than one star?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join