Chemtrails???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Do contrails affect the radiation budget and why would we need tests on how contrails affected it if they are just harmless ice clouds?

The radiation budget represents the balance between incoming energy from the Sun and outgoing thermal (longwave) and reflected (shortwave) energy from the Earth. In the 1970's, NASA recognized the importance of improving our understanding of the radiation budget and its effects on the Earth's climate.

asd-www.larc.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I expect the usual response that we are stupid American taxpayers,
for letting our government spend money on silly contrail tests.
Because we all know they harmless, just a con to get us to spend tax dollars.
What I find interesting is after all our tax dollars they figured out how to hide them,
or make them bigger and last longer.
edit on 19-10-2012 by Rudy2shoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I have always been told we need to stop this chemtrail theory,
they are con artists ripping us off for money.
The farther I dig into it, it is the government ripping us off,
through tax dollars and studying Geo-engineering at our expense.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rudy2shoes
Do contrails affect the radiation budget and why would we need tests on how contrails affected it if they are just harmless ice clouds?

Contrails do affect the radiation budget, as does your roof.

So? What does that have to do with "chemtrails".

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus

I have moved onto our tax dollars,
a nation that is broke,
showing how we waste money on the science of contrails,
that you feel a need to defend.
I did not get a tax break on my roof,
it would have to be a metal roof to get the re-coat with reflective material.
I do not understand my roof,
are you saying taxpayers installed it?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Because ice clouds might affect the radiation budget - whether natural or artificially caused.

If the subject is not studied then we would never know if there are any effects - hence RESEARCH - something chemmies are short of!

edit on 20-10-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus

And you forgot to do what I asked,
explain radiation budget to others in this thread,
and how contrails may affect it.
Not dodge the question and make fun of my roof.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Is radiation budget, in any of the info on your site?
I am discussing airline industry, not roofing industry.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I thought you said that no one ever measured chemtrails.
but they have measured contrails to prove there is no such thing.
Is that what you are saying?
Radiation Budget is labeled as an experiment by NASA not a study.

edit on 20-10-2012 by Rudy2shoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

I will agree on one thing,
for those that fly over and look down at my roof it is just as offensive,
as what I see when I look up in the sky.
And why am I wasting my money on a reflective coating for my roof when you have told me the airlines are doing it for me?

edit on 20-10-2012 by Rudy2shoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I thought you said that no one ever measured chemtrails.
but they have measured contrails to prove there is no such thing.
Is that what you are saying?

People study contrails to find out about contrails.

People don't study chemtrails because there is no such thing.

Radiation Budget is labeled as an experiment by NASA not a study.

Yes it is an experiment - clearly you do not understand science if you think an experiment is not study!!

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Rudy2shoes

As you introduced the radiation budget to the discussion isn't it incumbent on you to say what you think it is? Your own external source quote included a description of it, do you disagree with that?
edit on 20-10-2012 by waynos because: correction

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by waynos

You expect him to have read and understood something he has quoted??

Chemmies don't even study chemtrails - let alone scientific literature!!

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Uncinus

Is radiation budget, in any of the info on your site?
I am discussing airline industry, not roofing industry.

The roofing industry affects the radiation budget, which is why I mentioned it.

And yes, if you do a google, search, you'll see that "radiation budget" is mentioned in 19 different pages on ContrailScience.com:
site:contrailscience.com "radiation budget"

And the related term "radiative forcing" is mentioned 8 times:
site:contrailscience.com "radiative forcing"

It would be a lot more, but I like to discuss things in more easily understandable terms:

Radiation budget = an accounting of the incoming radiation (heat and light) from the sun, and the outgoing radiation. A list of all the effects on incoming radiation (solar variability, daytime cloud cover, pollution, etc.) and outgoing radiation (reflectivity, greenhouse gasses, night time cloud cover, etc, ).

Radiative Forcing = the difference between incoming and outgoing radiation. i.e. the bottom line of the radiation budget. A single number that can be positive or negative.

They are just numbers that you measure. Most of the research into radiative forcing is trying to figure out exactly how much things like pollution has an effect on both incoming and outgoing radiation.

SRM (Solar Radiation Management) is an attempt to adjust the budget, to change the bottom line, and reflect a bit more radiation out into space. Currently the only time people are doing this deliberately is by painting roofs white. However there are several ideas about how we might do it in the future. Spraying things from planes is one such idea, but nobody is currently doing SRM that way (unless they are doing it undetectably).
edit on 20-10-2012 by Uncinus because: links
edit on 20-10-2012 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Rudy2shoes

Contrails aren't completely harmless though. They do affect the environment. All you have to do is look at the three days after 9/11 to see that. What they don't do is make people sick and drop huge amounts of barium or aluminum, or three other things people claim.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
edit on 10/20/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
what is this phenomenon?

most of the replies on yt say its man made..

edit on 28-10-2012 by atsandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by atsandy

It looks like a good example of iridescent clouds.

When parts of clouds are thin and have similar size droplets, diffraction can make them shine with colours like a corona. In fact, the colours are essentially corona fragments. The effect is called cloud iridescence or irisation, terms derived from Iris the Greek personification of the rainbow.

Iridescence is seen mostly when part of a cloud is forming because then all the droplets have a similar history and consequently have a similar size. Sometimes iridescence can be seen far from the sun but is most frequent near to it.
Iridescent Clouds
When a storm or a frontal system is approaching, you will often see high level cirrus cloud form up to 48 hours before the bad weather arrives. Cirrus cloud consists of lots of small ice crystals, and if a large portion of the sky starts turning into thin cirrus cloud, there will be many similar sized ice crystals at around the same altitude. As explained above, this is an ideal situation to observe iridescent clouds, and can sometimes create a full 'rainbow' ring around the sun.

This graphic shows the type of clouds as a cold front approaches, which explains why it is entirely possible that you would see natural cirrus cloud formation ahead of Sandy. Scroll to the right to see the cirrus formation.
edit on 28/10/12 by Curious and Concerned because: Fixed pic, as link wasn't working. Uploaded it instead.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
And this is why you don't go believing any random poster on youtube. This is one of the posts in the video claiming that it is man made.

"If there was no rain previously to produce the water vapour, then these rainbows are most definitely caused by chemicals in the air refracting light."

This poster clearly doesn't understand the way our atmosphere works. Cirrus cloud is generally much higher than most rain producing clouds (with the exception of very severe cumulonimbus clouds), therefore you do not need rain prior to observing them, as rain does not "produce water vapour" higher in the atmosphere. As shown above, it is quite the opposite, as cirrus clouds often precede rain clouds as bad weather moves in.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I've been following the chemtrails debate for a long time and I reckon there's some truth to the theories but a lot of things don't add up to me. If the chemtrails are being used to make people compliant 'robots', why don't they seem to be affecting the people questioning the use of them? If they're being used to affect people's daily performance and energy levels, why do I see so many highly motivated people about and why do sporting and athletic records continued to get bettered? Now, the spreading of disease is something I could agree with to certain extent.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join