It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Mckinnon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Do you think Gary Mckinnon should be sent to america to face trial for hacking into the nasa and pentagon military computer systems? Did Gary really see alien space craft pictures and information on a list of military space programme's with names?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jademegjosh
Do you think Gary Mckinnon should be sent to america to face trial for hacking into the nasa and pentagon military computer systems? Did Gary really see alien space craft pictures and information on a list of military space programme's with names?

YES and NO

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
It doesn't matter whether he did or not. If the Pentagon's security was that lax that it could be hacked, it's good info for them and really shouldn't be such a huge affair. The fact of the matter is that the Pentagon got caught with its pants down and they want revenge.

At the end of the day, the Pentagon shouldn't be preventing disclosure anyway. If he did see something, I feel he's honor bound to say so. It's not about "security", it's about lies and manipulation.

I, for one, am sick of this absurd denial. It's time to tell the truth - finally.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

I do believe that he should be face charges for hacking into NASA as anyone else out there would be for doing this on any government or government-funded/related site should be. It is the law. But to be held up to 70 years is ridiculous for this type of offense. In that aspect I greatly disagree. I believe that he saw something. I am not sure that it's what he claims (as he could have made up a story to deflect what he actually saw) it to be however. I do not see what good otherwise to lie about it other than to make money some how off of the true or false information he has gone on record about seeing. We will most likely never know the real truth of what he saw though either.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jademegjosh

For hacking, yes. As for releasing the info then NO. The only time I think the government are allowed to keep secrets is developing technology for said government. If what was leaked is just "stuff to hide because we say so" then it should be released but either way hacking is a crime.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

In all honesty , i doubt he would talk if he did ...... but saying that , if he DID see evidence of "ufos" i think the scumbags would have killed him by now.

I think he`s working for them , it makes sense , he did hack THEM so he`s useful i suppose.

He might be "anonymous"

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

Should the government then arrest itself for hacking into and keeping dossiers and sensitive information on a multitude of people across the planet ?
Why are people suddenly concerned about someone saying they hacked into NASA and saw pictures of UFO's or little green men.
Unless he has done any real harm let it go.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
The government hacks our emails.

What's the difference?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
no and yes

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
The government hacks our emails.

What's the difference?

NO they look for keywords by computer if it was a word or phrase they are looking for then a HUMAN will look at it then you could say its hacked, NO SUSPECT words or phrases no problem!!!
edit on 17-10-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

no if he did hack the pentagon their security is not good enough.whether he found anything will we ever find out?maybe they should offer him a job as head of security.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bthek13b

no if he did hack the pentagon their security is not good enough.whether he found anything will we ever find out?maybe they should offer him a job as head of security.

Agreed, give the guy a job and learn from your mistakes.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Do I think he should be sent? No.

Does it matter? No, because Theresa May has already blocked the extradition, thus rendering this thread completely obsolete.

Next...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
No he should not go. This is all a show to warn off other would be nosey parkers.(joe average)
The real worry for me is, if Gary could hack in with a simple back door pawword ( geeeeeeze), then I bet you a dollar the likes of China, Russia, Iran and yes even us British will all be having a go. (Remember wiki leaks)

The only difference is they have super computers and a bucket full of resources to help them.

Image some stupid state getting access to the nuke button. If the yanks stop thinking about your egos and pride thing would be a lot better and safer

It's simple it's could an Off button....

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
You can easily answer your own question.
If he didn't and simply made all of that stuff up, then the Pentagon wouldn't have a reason for a case so why would they press to prosecute?

Anyone that knows about how the US space force was planned in the "Star Wars" era knows damned well that he stumbled on to deep secrets. But the kicker is that the general public simply cannot believe that such stuff from space fleets to UFOs are real, so the case ends up probably exactly what the Pentagon wanted.

His was an excellent showcase to strike fear into the hearts and minds of possible "whistleblowers within that secret system: Speak of what you know, and you'll be sorry for the rest of your life.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I really can't believe people sometimes, and you get a lot of it with this case in particular.

So we think our governments are hiding UFO information ?

Not only that, but we think that the technology of UFO's, that our governments are hiding from us, could save the planet in terms of a clean, free energy source.

We think our governments want to poison us with vaccines.

We think they have a plan to cut down the human population.

Basically, we think our governments want to kill us ...

AND YET ... someone, without hurting anyone, uses a computer to try and ascertain the accuracy of some of this information - and SOME OF US COMPLAIN THAT HE BROKER THE LAW ??? !!!

Your gov wants to kill you and hides secrets and you complain that a fellow civilian hacked into the government, didn't hurt anyone, in order to find out some of these secrets and help you, us, we everyone ...

I am speechless at the ineptitude of logical thought ...

QV.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by qvision
I really can't believe people sometimes, and you get a lot of it with this case in particular.

So we think our governments are hiding UFO information ?

Not only that, but we think that the technology of UFO's, that our governments are hiding from us, could save the planet in terms of a clean, free energy source.

We think our governments want to poison us with vaccines.

We think they have a plan to cut down the human population.

Basically, we think our governments want to kill us ...

AND YET ... someone, without hurting anyone, uses a computer to try and ascertain the accuracy of some of this information - and SOME OF US COMPLAIN THAT HE BROKER THE LAW ??? !!!

Your gov wants to kill you and hides secrets and you complain that a fellow civilian hacked into the government, didn't hurt anyone, in order to find out some of these secrets and help you, us, we everyone ...

I am speechless at the ineptitude of logical thought ...

QV.

Yep, this guy did something that many, many people on ATS strive to achieve, he went searching and found information (so he says, at this stage he has yet to present it) which many users here can only dream of regarding anti-gravity / UFO's, we should be intrigued, questions should be asked, and yet take a look at the thread, no flags, no stars.. Interesting.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ramcheck
questions should be asked, and yet take a look at the thread, no flags, no stars.. Interesting.

The simplest explanation is that there are quite a few other threads which have discussed Gary McKinnon. Indeed, a couple of other threads are currently active on this topic.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I think he's a hero.

What is it that they are so frightened of him seeing that makes them so insistent on neutralizing him?

These lying, manipulating fraudsters holding the power look bad when a truth seeker slices off a little bit of reality.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by qvision

well said qvision....
people like Gary should be applauded for trying to find out the truth...
Maybe the USA could have offered him a job as internet security adviser and that would have been the end of the matter..
America wanted to make a example of Gary, when the reality is, they are hacked left right and center by more malevolant forces day in, day out.....
Give yourselves a shake USA and beef up the security and stop looking like the plums you really are...

National Security...I wouldn't trust you to look after a bunch of Kindergarten kids.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join