It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Government and U.f.o's.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
There has always been conspiracies on governments keeping information about ufo's and alien technology.Do they have the right to keep this information from us? What happens if all this is true and all of a sudden we have visitors showing up for all to see,and in a way that we know they are real and we can actually see them close up and personal without the government knowing they were coming. Would they still try and deny they were here because they have made themselves look stupid for so long covering it up.My personal opinion is that the government dont have a clue what they are doing and need to grow up because it has gone on far to long and people have got bored of listening to the same crap we have been fed for years. Oh it's space junk or oh it's swamp gas,or oh its camera flare.Why not for once in your life can't you just accept that you might be wrong and say yes i think your right its not from earth and yes it is e.t or just come clean instead of making your silly arse's look even worse than they are.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jademegjosh

Firstly, have you read ANY of the UFO/government threads on ATS?

There has been a lot of discussion on the secrecy behind intelligence regarding ETs and UFOs with the help of NASA coverups.

Do they have the right to withhold information regarding the existence of aliens and their spacecraft? In the perfect world there would be perfect knowledge sharing. In the real world however, it doesn't work that way.

Only those who really have studied this issue inside out may in the end wish they hadn't found out the TRUTH and thus the world would be in chaos.

My thoughts are that the government is keeping this away from us so that we don't freak out. I mean, what else could possibly happen if they reveal all top secret intelligence to us on this subject?

Maybe Peter Jackson and Mr. Spielberg would team up to make a huge blockbuster movie trilogy on it and make billions of dollars world wide!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
If there are ETs & the government knows about them perhaps they want to gain knowledge about them before they reveal their existence. People may asssume the wrong things about ETs from the movies theyve watched thus disrupt the world order.

If they dont know much, dontt reveal it.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Maybe I'm stating the obvious here but, my friends, we don't need them to tell us. We already know. Just in my lifetime I've seen them and their ships enough to know that they exist. I don't have to have some governmental stuffed shirt tell me what I already know.

How about we just decide what we know from here on out? Why ask someone? Why not just do that perfect knowledge sharing and perfect everything else too? Why wait for our "masters" to allow us our freedom? How about we take back our brains and our hearts.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

They keep it secret fo a couple of reasons.

1) they already saw what happened in their test case,( war of the worlds) where people across the country flipped and began packing up and heading for the hils. So now they assume the same will occur if we are told the truth, in essence saving us from our own ignorance.

2) technology has really changed much over the last 60 years despite many billions of dollars, more research than ever before etc..
The reason being that we got to the point in the 50s where any further technological advancement, requifes a lot more responsibility on the personal basis, as a home fusion plant can be used for bad just as easily as good. A super powered laser that could be used for a home fabrication unit can be repurposed to make a weapon for killing many. Etc...

3)we as a people are eikther not ready for such tech on an individual basis, or we are intentionally being denied new advancements, so that they can keep the means of permanent control in their sole pssession.

There are of course more reasons, but I feal I have laid out some of the bigger reasons.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jademegjosh
There has always been conspiracies on governments keeping information about ufo's and alien technology.Do they have the right to keep this information from us? What happens if all this is true and all of a sudden we have visitors showing up for all to see,and in a way that we know they are real and we can actually see them close up and personal without the government knowing they were coming. Would they still try and deny they were here because they have made themselves look stupid for so long covering it up.My personal opinion is that the government dont have a clue what they are doing and need to grow up because it has gone on far to long and people have got bored of listening to the same crap we have been fed for years. Oh it's space junk or oh it's swamp gas,or oh its camera flare.Why not for once in your life can't you just accept that you might be wrong and say yes i think your right its not from earth and yes it is e.t or just come clean instead of making your silly arse's look even worse than they are.

I agree that there should be full, or at least partial disclosure on the UFO subject. At the very least, military personnel should not be threatened with their life for speaking out.

There is also wide disagreement on the idea of the truth being kept from us.

1. A recent White House petition for full disclosure was met with essentially, "there is nothing to tell. We have zero evidence of UFOs or alien visitation.
2. Folks like retired US Army Colonel John Alexander has acknowledged UFOs, but says the government has no idea what they are.
3. Retired Air Force Colonel Charles Halt (Bentwater incident) has accused the US government of a full and active cover up.

Personally, I believe it is number 3. Too many testimonies, and substantial evidence for me to believe otherwise.

What do you think the truth is?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Once again... refer to signature

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jchristopher5

I think the petition failed to address the real issue that would permit a greater transparency over the subject. What is needed is a blank statement that would permit anyone in a military or governmental function to speak freely about their experiences without any fear from retaliation from the state.

The best and fully documented event of a government cover-up is not about the US but happened in Basil. Due to the multitude of witnesses, reports and leaks.

Brazilian Nationals Injured In Unprovoked UFO Attacks In 1977 the Brazilian island of Colares and the area of the Amazon delta were visited by flying objects of an unknown nature. Nearly all kinds of UFOs were seen, some big, some small, saucer-shaped, cigar-shaped, barrel-shaped, luminous or not.

Major UFO Event Not Touched Upon In USA Press

The level of secrecy, lack of study and disinformation to me, if there is something really substantially being hidden regarding aliens, can only be rationally explained by a general infiltration of those behind the events (aliens or not) of governmental structures. At this point the argument of national security of protection of exotic technologies does not make any sense considering all the reports and events we are aware of.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The government seems to be complicit in this UFO controversy.
The government runs things like science as use of materials.
The government also means people run it for various advantages.

So what part of the government has the responsibility.
The Army took over much of Von Braun's work in rockets.
However the CIA was also formed with German intel that kept control over tech
that surpassed rocket. However people like Rockefeller would also know of any
super secret tech in Germany that ended up in US.

The Army and US Intel and people that wanted to keep the UFO secret set
down all the rules into use and development and means of public suppression.
Others may be involved now and the tech is now thought to be from Tesla sans
alien input in unofficial circles.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

The governments and above were doing a good job of in the ebe/ufo debunking dept. Then along came the unexpected--WWW, and then silence except indirectly of course.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Decoy

The governments and above were doing a good job of in the ebe/ufo debunking dept. Then along came the unexpected--WWW, and then silence except indirectly of course.

The disinformation network got on the net ready for anything.
Then youtube came along with so many UFOs bring posted.
So to frustrate any idea that makes sense the spooks come on.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Yes , when ET will come and tell the world themselves , there will be no place for corrupt government officials to hide their face . There will be lots of petitions in the court for public disinformation , misuse of power and many more .

top topics

join