It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama smashed Romney in the 2nd Debate

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
If I was to vote strictly on emotion caused by the stage presence ALONE, and not the content of what was being said, Obama clearly induced the better emotional reaction.

Once you dissected the numbers both sides were presenting, Obama was lying through cherry picked, and some totally fabricated, figures most of the time. Romney was inaccurate because projections on what he has proposed will never come true.

Too bad 70-80% of the effective communications that 2-dimensional people remember is the body language and the emotion, not the content. The same skills Hitler had over the German people in the late 1930's.

Romney is like listening to a spreadsheet, but at least it's sort-of-okay. Yawn.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

The republican party had a chance of beating Obama and the democrats with Ron Paul at the helm. Ron Paul, although I disagree with much of his conservative ideology, was anti-war and anti-federal reserve: two big pluses afaiac.

They blew it big time. I am not sure they will get another chance unless Obama continues messing up and disgraces the democrat party. Most people do not vote ideologically, they are swing voters who vote superficially such as "good looks" and "smooth talking". Substance is almost irrellevant! Mitt Romney was too smart for his own good, I would say selfishly smart.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

This pic sums up the debate for me, no sense arguing as "some men you just can't reach".

See you in November.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Once again I am not surprised by the opinion of the Closet Geniuses that increasingly infested ATS but what is to be expected from people who probably don't even drive a car, let alone vote.

Yes, Obama won this debate but he had to lie about his history to do so and even then he did not Smash Romney, he just lied a little better and was better at doing his used car salesman bit.

However, don't be too upset, the people asking the questions could very well have been your parents,..,deadheads that they are.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I have to say, President Obama Won, he was pretty cool and calm and willing to let Romney speak without really interrupting, he seemed even minded and concise with his responses, he was also very clear with his delivery when making points, I really liked how he put Romney in his place when he attempted to politicize Benghazi and tried to make it look like the president did not respond fast or correctly.

I also liked when the president used the analagy of someone presenting a sketchy business proposal and expecting someone to buy into with no real details.

Romney cannot explain his plans at all because he doesn't have any, he is hoping that people will give him a pass on that and just use the last four years as the referendum to grant him the presidency by default, this is the essence of what he is betting on, he cannot elaborate on his strategy to actually help the middle class because he does not have one, he will not reveal the actual tax deductions affected by his theoretical proposals, no one knows about.

I also keep getting this impression that Romney is a little unstable every time I see him on these debates , like some mental disorder is underlying, this worries me, there is a side to Romney that I can't put my finger on it when he is pressured, do you know what I mean? what I did not like about him in the debate last night also is that he was very abrubt and rude displaying a very bad leadership demeanor, almost babbling on and on, to add he was indignant not only to the president but also the moderator, seems like he would not be able to listen to his cabinet or advisors if there was a national emergency and he would not know what to do under extreme pressure, that could be problematic when it comes to on the spot decision making, just my thoughts

edit on 17-10-2012 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
It was a good fight as I've never seen two candidates come so close to a face to face before. Quite entertaining.

Obama was quite adept at dodging Romney's direct line of questioning.

The Moderator was a joke as she continually worked on behalf of Obama.

Some of the questions selected by the moderator were quite out in left field. Assault weapons ban? not even on the voter's radar in the grand scheme of thing. The George Bush comparison question??? Really?? Very odd choices for Crowley to select. Has she not seen any polls regarding the major issues concerning America as a whole..??

Obama certainly came out swinging but his mannerisms and smirks simply do not work well for him. At several points during Obama's speaking moments I felt like I was attending a lecture back in college... That is his style to speak AT his audience rather than to his audience.

Romney should have pushed harder on the Libya situation. Crowley threw Obama a life ring...

Romney solidly dismantled Obama's failed record and broken promises...

Overall a good debate from both candidates. Naturally, I give the slight edge to Romney overall. On the economy, Romney hit it out of the park.

BIG QUESTION

With one more debate left to be moderated by Bob Sheafer I have to ask why every moderator is a liberal joournalist!!!!! Not fair by any means. Not even one moderator from the center or even the right. I don't understand why the RNC agreed to these mods... Does not compute!!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Romney was FIGHTING for fair time from a Pro Obama Moderator and ONCE again Obama had 4 MORE mins than Romney. The Moderate tried to atop Romney from responding half the time.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
How many points you giving Obama for just showing up this time?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by aethertek

Looks like Romney got rid of the spray on tan for the debate.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightrider078
Romney was FIGHTING for fair time from a Pro Obama Moderator and ONCE again Obama had 4 MORE mins than Romney. The Moderate tried to atop Romney from responding half the time.

When you lose, blame the moderator.

Romney lost. Get over it.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Obama was quite adept at dodging Romney's direct line of questioning.

Rightfully so. According to the agreed upon rules of the 4 debates, the candidates were not to ask or answer questions from each other.

5 (e): "The candidates may not ask each other direct questions during any of the four debates."

Although, both did break that rule.

BTW, for anyone interested, here is a link to the "Memorandum of Understanding" that was agreed upon in advance by both candidates, which lays out the rules of the debate series.

www.scribd.com...
edit on 17-10-2012 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny

And yet my coworkers are saying the opposite! six out of nine say Romney won, and of those, five voted for Obama in '08.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by taskforce4256
reply to post by HappyBunny

And yet my coworkers are saying the opposite! six out of nine say Romney won, and of those, five voted for Obama in '08.

A poll of 9?

We have 54 on my floor. 49 said Obama won, 2 said Romney, and the other 3 said a tie.

The polls are saying Obama won.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I disagree, nothing Obama did "smashed" Romney, Romney made himself look foolish by constantly overtaking and interpting. I saw no one making any good points, just bickering between two idiots who pretend to disagree. Obama didnt do #, Williard goofed it up.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Romney won the debate and he won big on the economy. When you have an MSNBC panel of undecided voters moving towards Romney, the Democrats are fooling themselves. If Obama won the debate it was by the slightest of margins and also Obama just had to do a little better than the horrible last debate and the media would declare victory. Here's both panels.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
You partisans are HILARIOUS to me.

I find it interesting how I can repetitively point out the fact that each candidate is owned by the same special interests...and usually, I never hear a peep about it in return.

Here's the biggest oxymoron that ever existed..."an informed voter."
edit on 17-10-2012 by Serenity777 because: to add

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Without taking facts into account, because facts don't seem to matter too much in political debates, I give this debate to Obama. I think Obama had the better counter punches and Romney really missed taking advantages of opportunities. (Especially the Libya question: took opportunity and fumbled) Having said that I don't really think it matters much the presidential election is going to have little to do in changing the country or the world. To me it is just a public relations extravaganza. To me the ridiculousness of it all is just entertainment, nothing to get invested in.
edit on 17-10-2012 by TwoSpirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
Did anyone else notice that before Obama talked about the "assault weapons ban", he claimed it was to protect people from "machine guns"? An assault weapon is not a machine gun. An Assault RIFLE is a machine gun with select fire option. This is a lie Democrats often tell in order to mislead people and put images of machine gun sin their heads when Democrats push the assault weapons ban.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

It's yet another lie his supporters and media will give him a total pass on. They seem to enjoy being mislead.

So an assualt rifle is not an assualt weapon? It seems you are using a very weak straw man arguement to knock down liberals where it is not called for. Yes I do believe in mild/moderate gun control. Automatic rifles should be banned as well as grenades, missle launchers, or anything else resembling military grade hardware.

One thing that should be legalised though is short barreled rifles and short barraled shotguns. Also there should be no maximum ammunition ban per magazine load. Perhaps a shorter cooling-off period. Less taxes for a silencer or used machine gun purchase.

Ultimately it boils down to state and local laws that have just as much a say in the second amendment as the federal government. Making it a national issue is a bit dishonest!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

That's only if you believe Obama's lies and half-truths. He lies as well as Clinton. But he is less irritating that Biden.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Look, Obama was making a case for gun-control where a real explanantion of fast and furious was in order, but he has declared himself as having Executive Privelege and therefore exempt from having to talk about so now we understand why he had to instead discuss the liberal agenda of gun-control instead. He is a fast talker, I will give him that.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join