page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The left will say Obama won.

The right will say Romney won.

The stupid will say Candy won.

The weird will say Zorton from Planet Gremmly won.

My cat, when asked, just licked her butt.

The people wo are undecided have to make the determination as to who won.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatDivider

Originally posted by HostileApostle
It's a right wing thing.

They like to call strong intelligent women "men". They do it with Maddow as well.

No, just the ones that look like men...

There you go, a perfect example.

They think this kind of stuff is funny, let's call a woman a man if she doesn't fit my stereotype of what I think all women should look like.

And they wonder why there is a gender gap when it comes to voting.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
Yes Obama won the debate last night hands down in my opinion.....

Just like I and many other posters said he would immediately after the first debate. These debates are scripted and everything we are seeing is just for show. That being said, I seriously think Mitt may just win this election. Watching the coverage after the debate on MSNBC who always shills for the Democrat, they were pimping Romney left and right. It made me sick. This whole process makes me sick. It is all a sham.

Thank you for posting this remark. You articulate your points in a better light than I would have and I say "thank you" because I was about to rip into the OP for not understanding the reality of these 2 "men."

Romney = O'bama.

Lima-1, out.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Forty-six percent of voters who watched Tuesday night's presidential debate said that the president won the showdown, according to a CNN/ORC International nationwide poll conducted right after Tuesday night's faceoff here at Hofstra University on New York's Long Island. Thirty-nine percent questioned said Republican nominee Mitt Romney did the better job.

Obama's seven-point advantage came among a debate audience that was somewhat more Republican than the country as a whole and is within the survey's sampling error.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

So they sampled more Republicans AND President Obama still came out 7 points ahead.
Pres. Obama 46%, Romney 39%

If numbers aren't a clear enough indicator...understanding the GOP has issues with math...you could tell that Romney lost by the far-right talking heads making excuses before the debate was even over.

Ari Fliescher - X-Bush Spokesman - Tweeted that he had added up the speaking times for the two Presidential debates and one VP Presidential debate and determined that the dems had about 8 minutes more time speaking!

Well that must be it! Dems...over 3 debates have had 8 more minutes out of 270 minutes! (4.5 hours total for 3 debates) Again...knowing math is a challenge for the far right...8/270 is .029....Yep Ari...that must have been the problem with Mitt Romney!

Next up on the excuse-o-ganza...Candy Crowley actually spoke a fact!! Wow did that fluster Mitt Romney! She simply confirmed that President Obama said exactly what he said he said...

Did Mitt Romney just get his butt kicked by Candy Crowley confirming a fact?

Heads-up to the right wing...When Obama lost, the left owned it...Stop whining...your guy got thumped.

Sidenote on Benghazi...cuz I know the right-wing is all of sudden going to be all about fact-checking

Yes...the Ambassador to the UN said in an interview a few days after the attacks that she thought the attack evolved from protests. She also strongly cautioned that the investigation had not yet gotten off the ground and that it was simply what the intelligence community was thinking at the time.

She began her statement with: Well, Jake, first of all, it's important to know that there's an FBI investigation that has begun and will take some time to be completed. That will tell us with certainty what transpired.

abcnews.go.com...

NOW...I know this isn't a Benghazi thread, but I need to point out a couple of things...

She did infer it was protests...she is not the Potus...and she did caution that they didn't have full information.

Three questions....
Why did the President refer to "terrorist act" the morning after?
Why did she infer protests?
Why did Romney simply focus on the semantics of Obama's statement, rather than the bigger picture?

IMO - Questions 1 and 2? the daylight between the media and the UN Ambassador and the President?

In terrorist attacks that go unclaimed...without an organization bragging about it...we often bait them into going public. We infer the attacks were sloppy, spontaneous, unplanned, disorganized...it often drives a terrorist group to issue a statement claiming responsibility and it confirms the intelligence communities hunches. It provides more information. It insults them and makes them speak up and take credit. It furthers the intelligence.

Why did Romney only attack the President on the Semantics? And not make a highly politicized attack about Benghazi at large the way the GOP in Congress are doing?

Romney started to get Intelligence Briefings just two weeks ago. It is part of potential transition policy this close to elections. He knows more about Benghazi than the press and congress. He knows things that he can't share...and in knowing those things he apparently opted to go light on the Benghazi issue. Semantics about what the Pres. said. There is an active investigation and hunt going on and what the press and GOP and congress are yapping about is likely very little of what is known or evolving. Romney didn't want to put himself in a position of looking bad when things come to light and he would have to admit he knew different than what he was saying for political purposes...He is now getting regular intelligence briefings.

edit on 17-10-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
Directly AFTER the debate, the MAJORITY of members in Focus groups of UNDECIDED voters on MSNBC, CBS and FOX...ALL said they were now going to vote for Romney.

THIS election is ALL about the ECONOMY...and ROMNEY WON...hands down!
Case closed.

MSNBC's Undecided Voter Panel Swayed by Romney

www.weeklystandard.com...

Honestly...What is wrong with you? I go to the link...watch your video....they had 8 people in the room??
And the result 1 for Romney, 1 for Obama and 6 remaining undecided????

That is "ROMNEY WON...hands down"??

The reality disconnect costs the right wing more than anything else. BS is killing the conservative movement.
edit on 17-10-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

First, as stated many times before, I am not a republican.
Secondly, what needs? Like Govt paid birth control??? I guess telling woman to purchase their own birth control is just too much, or close their legs.
What a joke.

Originally posted by Flatfish
but don't you think you're going a little overboard calling Candy Crowley, Mr. Crowley?

Nope, not one bit. Thanks for playing.

You do realize that she is a woman, don't you?

That is highly questionable.

Thanks for proving my point! Everything for you people is about appearance, truth and substance means nothing to you. I guess you think that books should be judged by their covers too. Do you really think that the american people are going to elect someone who shares your bigoted mentality? Please!!!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Forty-six percent of voters who watched Tuesday night's presidential debate said that the president won the showdown, according to a CNN/ORC International nationwide poll conducted right after Tuesday night's faceoff here at Hofstra University on New York's Long Island. Thirty-nine percent questioned said Republican nominee Mitt Romney did the better job.

Obama's seven-point advantage came among a debate audience that was somewhat more Republican than the country as a whole and is within the survey's sampling error.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

So they sampled more Republicans AND President Obama still came out 7 points ahead.
Pres. Obama 46%, Romney 39%

If numbers aren't a clear enough indicator...understanding the GOP has issues with math...you could tell that Romney lost by the far-right talking heads making excuses before the debate was even over.

Ari Fliescher - X-Bush Spokesman - Tweeted that he had added up the speaking times for the two Presidential debates and one VP Presidential debate and determined that the dems had about 8 minutes more time speaking!

Well that must be it! Dems...over 3 debates have had 8 more minutes out of 270 minutes! (4.5 hours total for 3 debates) Again...knowing math is a challenge for the far right...8/270 is .029....Yep Ari...that must have been the problem with Mitt Romney!

Next up on the excuse-o-ganza...Candy Crowley actually spoke a fact!! Wow did that fluster Mitt Romney! She simply confirmed that President Obama said exactly what he said he said...

Did Mitt Romney just get his butt kicked by Candy Crowley confirming a fact?

Heads-up to the right wing...When Obama lost, the left owned it...Stop whining...your guy got thumped.

Sidenote on Benghazi...cuz I know the right-wing is all of sudden going to be all about fact-checking

Yes...the Ambassador to the UN said in an interview a few days after the attacks that she thought the attack evolved from protests. She also strongly cautioned that the investigation had not yet gotten off the ground and that it was simply what the intelligence community was thinking at the time.

She began her statement with: Well, Jake, first of all, it's important to know that there's an FBI investigation that has begun and will take some time to be completed. That will tell us with certainty what transpired.

abcnews.go.com...

NOW...I know this isn't a Benghazi thread, but I need to point out a couple of things...

She did infer it was protests...she is not the Potus...and she did caution that they didn't have full information.

Three questions....
Why did the President refer to "terrorist act" the morning after?
Why did she infer protests?
Why did Romney simply focus on the semantics of Obama's statement, rather than the bigger picture?

IMO - Questions 1 and 2? the daylight between the media and the UN Ambassador and the President?

In terroist attacks that go unclaimed...without an organization bragging about it...we often bait them into going public. We infer the attacks were sloppy, spontaneous, unplanned, disorganized...it often drives a terrorist group to issue a statement claiming responsibility and it confirms the intelligence communities hunches. It provides more information. It insults them and makes them speak up and take credit. It furthers the intelligence.

Why did Romney only attack the President on the Semantics? And not make a highly politicized attack about Benghazi at large the way the GOP in Congress are doing?

Romney started to get Intelligence Briefings just two weeks ago. It is part of potential transition policy this close to elections. He knows more about Benghazi than the press and congress. He knows things that he can't share...and in knowing those things he apparently opted to go light on the Benghazi issue. Semantics about what the Pres. said. There is an active investigation and hunt going on and what the press and GOP and congress are yapping about is likely very little of what is known or evolving. Romney didn't want to put himself in a position of looking bad when things come to light and he would have to admit he knew different than what he was saying for political purposes...He is now getting regular intelligence briefings.

Ya, when you get to the important details, it really looks like Obama won this, even in the first one at the ultra democratic TV station MSNBC, Chris Mathews stated that he was not happy about Obama's first debate.
He figured he was trying to be too sugary.

You make a good point,I noticed sites like Wall Street etc stated Obama won.
When you look at many of the major websites that carry news,they indicate it was Obama.

That didn't happen the first time!
edit on 17-10-2012 by thetiler because: spelling
edit on 17-10-2012 by thetiler because: spelling

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Smashed is certainly a exaggeration. Both were strong in their own right, both pleased their base, and independents are now scratching their head, deciding who has the best vision verses who had the best zingers.

I was impressed with both sides. I am a Obama supporter, so his outlook and worldview are closer to mine, therefore I think he won for me...and no doubt a right wing person believes Romney won considering his words spoke to them.

hate to be middle of the roadish about this...sounds like a cop out, but meh..its how I viewed it. I don't think it was a tie mind you...I am just a bit too partisan to give a actual call on a hairline finish...will let new polling the next few days to paint the picture.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Thanks for proving my point!

What point is that?

Everything for you people is about appearance, truth and substance means nothing to you.

Oh, but it does. That is the reason why I know, and millions of others know that 0bama is a joke.

I guess you think that books should be judged by their covers too.

How so?

Do you really think that the american people are going to elect someone who shares your bigoted mentality? Please!!!

In a sense, yes. They voted for 0abam didn't they?
The Black population has been touted as the 99% voting for 0bama. Talk about judging a book.
To require that people take care of themselves is SO bigoted. Oh yeah, I forgot. The term "Apartment" has now been deemed as racial and bigoted.

Alinksy is live and well. Control the terms, control the argument.

I think that the replacement NFL referees could have done a better job then Popsicle Stick did.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Romney won. Obama lost.

Let me say that again.....

Romney won. Obama lost.

If you were trying to win over women voters, they vote with their heart. I was troubled by watching Obama speak. I know they were too. However, Romney gave me a sense of a better future ahead without Obama in it. I'm sure they had that feeling too.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Well I wouldn't say Obama "smashed" Romney, but yes, I think Obama edge it last night.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
It was a TIE between the two ... and the 'moderator' was an idiot.

They both brought their "A" game. They both looked presidential.
They both dodged answering certain questions. They both said things that weren't true.
They both misrepresented what the other said or stood for.

Obama got four minutes more than Romney .. and Crowley interrupted to answer a question for Obama, but she got her facts wrong and should have kept her ugamug out of it.

Obama failed to explain why, after four years, Americans aren't better off.
Obama failed to state specifically what his plan is for the next four years if he's elected.
Romney failed to get explain his flip flopping statements.
Romney failed to state specifically what his plan is for the next four years if he's elected.

TIED.

FlyersFan, It's posts like yours that give people like me a glimmer of hope for this World. I just wish I knew a better way of convincing people that these 2 politicians are criminals. No exaggeration. Criminals that can be proven guilty in a court of law.

O'bama supporters: O'bama has killed 2 American citizens without due process. You don't have to agree with me, because it's a fact. Btw, one of those 2 Americans was a 16 year old kid.

Romney supporters: Mitt Romney has flip flopped on 28 issues in his political carrer. All on video or phone recording. I have all 28 issues in a list format on stand-by if you wish to see it.

So, I ask anyone that's pro-O'bama/Romney here and the OP, why are you posting anything positive about men that are trying to destroy Our Country? Please explain it to this Veteran.

And BTW: If you want to see how "fair" Candy Crowley and her questions are, go see what kind of garbage questions she asks of Ron Paul last year. You can't even call someone like that a journalist, imo.

God bless.

Lima-1, out.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Thanks for backing me up on this Lucid Lunacy

To those questioning the performance, it was clear that Obama won. Romney called out Obama on numerous occasions, and was wrong on one. Obama successfully rebutted these and made Romney out to be a dickhead more than once.

Romney was less professional in handling things than Obama. Romney would occasionally go over time and interrupt Obama and the moderator. Sure Obama did too, but Romney done it twice as much.

Romney was stuttering all over the place and never ceased to get into Obama's face.

Not a single thing about Obama winning the debate has been backed up by fact, and if Obama did win the debate, Romney won the voters!

Luntz Focus Group Of Mostly Former Obama Voters Switch To Romney A Frank Luntz focus group made up mostly of former Obama voters say they now support Mitt Romney. "Forceful, compassionate, presidential," one participant said. "Confident and realistic," said another. "Presidential," another told Luntz. "Enthusiastic," another reacted. "Our next president," one man said. "Dynamo, winner," said one more.

real clear politics

Crowley interrupted Romney 28 times!!! Crowley cut Romney off numerous times and allowed Obama to just run his mouth continuously! She gave Obama 9% more time than she gave Romney!

Candy Crowley, who was suspected of being one more liberal moderator in the tank for Barack Obama, was more than just in the tank for him; she dove in and sucked all the water out for him so he could pretend he walked on water.

breitbart.com

Then she had the balls to interject her own lie into the debate in favor of Obama!!!! This was the most biased, leftist moderator I have ever seen!!!

According to this article, Romney won!!

foxnews.com

Check out the biggest lie of the night! Obama never,ever called the attack in Benghazi a terrorist attack!! In fact there was a thread here about Jay Carni condemning the video as being responsible for the protests!!! The big mouth Crowley lied her big fat ass off!, when she emphatically backed Obama's lie up!!!
above top secret

Then this!

Pax

above top secret

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
We must have watched different debates op... Obama looked weak IMO. I won't be voting for either candidate. I have reservations on both of them. But Obama has performed horrid in his debates now that he actually has a record.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomthinker
reply to post by daaskapital

I'm a Ron Paul guy, ya know a REAL American.

Oh, the kind that endorses racist, anti-semite writings? But then again, Ron Paul had no idea what was in HIS newsletter. Yep, that's the kind of president I want to sign legislation ...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by Common Good

Did he promise unicorns?

Did he say he was going to legalize orgies for all?

Yes he promised all these things.

And that's why I am voting for him.

In which State are they not legal?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Video: Candy Crowley Admits Romney Was Correct About Libya Attack But Simply Couldn’t Stop Herself

After embarrassing herself with her incompetently biased attempt to “fact check” GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney during the second presidential debate, CNN correspondent Candy Crowley has already began trying to save her shattered credibility. In a panel discussion afterward, a fast-talking Crowley tried to spin away her offensive conduct by admitting that Romney was indeed correct in casting blame on the Obama Administration for falsely blaming an anti-Islamic video for attacks on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

“It was one of those moments, and I could even feel that here, you know, when you say something you’re not expecting,” Crowley insisted, admitting she simply couldn’t help herself from unprofessionally inserting herself into a heated dispute between presidential candidates.

“He was right in the main, I just think he picked the wrong word,” Crowley said, echoing the extremely legalistic reading of the facts about what President Obama meant when he said “acts of terror” in reference to the Benghazi attack.

Knowing that she is facing a tremendous amount of backlash for her outburst, Crowley tried to play down the Libya discussion in the debate, insisting it wasn't really important:

"They’re going to parse and we all know about what the definition of is is, but, I, uh, you know, in the end, I think John [King]’s probably right. I think this has a lot more to with jobs and the debt crisis and all of that kind of stuff.

If her unprofessional conduct had not been so highly visible, Crowley's sad attempts to excuse herself would be amusing since she's almost literally admitted she has a knee-jerk liberal bias. Instead they are only ironic.

edit on 17-10-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne

Originally posted by freedomthinker
reply to post by daaskapital

I'm a Ron Paul guy, ya know a REAL American.

Oh, the kind that endorses racist, anti-semite writings? But then again, Ron Paul had no idea what was in HIS newsletter. Yep, that's the kind of president I want to sign legislation ...

Yeah, like those Presidents who don't know about gun running, what's going on in their State department, healthcare legislation they have to sign to see what is in it, etc.

That type of argument for/against a Politician fails at the same place every time. Staffers. Either we hold them all accountable or none.

Me, I just want them all to burn.. a little. Just enough to require a salve. -Mags

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Romney won. Obama lost.

Let me say that again.....

Romney won. Obama lost.

If you were trying to win over women voters, they vote with their heart. I was troubled by watching Obama speak. I know they were too. However, Romney gave me a sense of a better future ahead without Obama in it. I'm sure they had that feeling too.

Checked Realclearpolitics right as the debate ended.
Checked it about an hour ago
Obama gained 1/10th of a point so far. not a massive number, but its been only 12 hours..still, this hints at a trend. 1/10th of a point is significant considering it was only a half day, and that being from night to day at that.

So, according to facts, numbers, things you can literally point at solidly for a picture, it seems your view is not the view of people that matter...still too early to tell, but your view seems to be blinded by something.

Women aren't all emotional hysterical people..some can actually listen, look, and think. At least, the women I know can.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MightyQuincunx
The marionettes danced for us last night.
IMO...the biggest sham ever!
If anyone and I mean anyone can watch parts or all of that debate last night and coherently utter anything other than, "these people are the biggest friggin' puppets ever" is beyond me. Maybe it's me, but the "pitch" is BS...all of it. Wake up America! The show must not go on. If anyone can, with good conscience, vote for either of these two used car salesmen then I can say that we are truly doomed.

Obama, ironically, looks like an actual ventriloquist dummy and Romney is the slimiest looking stereotypical piece of political turd that I have ever seen. I listened to both of them speak and never truly answer the questions. Noncommittal BS is a sure symptom in an age of instant data checking and information sharing. Expecting anything less from these guys would be ignorant.

Just once I would love to hear a politician come out and say something like this; "Hey, this country is a mess. Our administration has made some mistakes. Given the state of things I think that you can all understand how complicated this can be. I'm not going to waste anymore of your time or mine. I have a job to do. That job is to protect this country and it's people and I'm gonna keep trying until your votes tell me to stop. Peace."

Oh yeah, did anyone count how many times Romney responded to questions with, "That's a good question". Shut the hell up Romney. That's like the liar's prequalifier --- "I'll be totally honest with you...".

My opinion:
Romney is the biggest piece of corporate scum that I have ever seen who can't ever NOT look like the liar that he is.

Obama is the puppet that has fulfilled his obligation to TPTB and is now crumbling under the weight of a situation that he never imagined would be possible.

These are not your leaders...you (the people) must lead and take the steps to bring about change. Vote if you want...don't vote if you want. Do whatever makes you feel better for the moment BUT make no mistake, the show (debates, voting, etc.) is the distraction. Your vote just gives them more information about how to herd you. Inform each other. Put down your phones, IPads, Pods, tablets and kill social networking. Walk outside, introduce yourself to your neighbors, build communities of like-minded and spirited citizens, celebrate family and start to form a cohesive and powerful shell of existence that no one small group of corporate elitists can ever begin to break down. TPTB have two huge weaknesses. the first is their size. The second is that they would cut each others balls off to get ahead (they are power mongers; remember that). Wow maybe this should go in the rants section.

Remember, if it smells like crap, it probably is crap. Take and a second look at your supposed leaders and then sniff around. It all smells the same.
edit on 17-10-2012 by MightyQuincunx because: typo

I'm with you, but ...

The choice has always been the lesser of the two evils. Yes, the President doesn't have all the power that people think he has, but he can change the rudder a few millimeters and that will change the course of this big ship called USA.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join