It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama smashed Romney in the 2nd Debate

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Let's get the bull out in the room...

Did you see obama keep drinking water?
He was washing them lies down lol

He was ...But funny how no one said it seeing as everyone spamed that on Ryan for drinking water.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
Fox News is in overdrive this morning trying to do damage control for Romney.

Full damage control in effect all over Right Wing World.

Too bad for Fox News that one of their hosts (Bret Baire?) spilled the beans after the debate last night when he appropriately declared Obama the winner. I wonder....will he lose his job over it? I wouldn't doubt it.

I will say though, it is entertaining watching Fox News trying to put the S*** back in the horse.
edit on 17-10-2012 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
I havent got to watch the second debate last night yet because I was working.

Obama won the debate did he? Was there someone in the audience wearing a teleprompter hat?

and also one more thing- dont you need to review what was said(you know fact check) before you can actually decide the winner of a debate?

Or did Obama just do better than his last horrible performance.? Is that what we are basing this on?
edit on 17-10-2012 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

Translation: I didn't watch the debate...but Obama lost....Perfectly represents the right-wing mind-set.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Obama smashed Romney in the 2nd Debate? Yes he did, without a doubt and it doesn't surprise me one bit that Romney supporters didn't see it that way.

Neither does it surprise me that they have forgotten the policies that got us into the economic mess we're in, much less recognize the fact that Romney is just Bush on steroids, especially when it comes to social policies. I highly suspect this has to do with their party's current affliction with SMS or "selective memory syndrome."

IMO, what we witnessed in the first 2 presidential debates was a near perfect execution of a form of confrontational strategy that was introduced some 38 yrs. ago. Ironically, the strategy was first introduced by a black american named Cassius Clay who did actually convert to Islam in 1964 and later went by the name of Mohammed Ali. He called this new strategy "Rope-A-Dope" and he used it successfully in the boxing ring eventually attaining the title of World Heavyweight Champion.

For all you Romney supporters out there, your "Dope" just got "Roped" and I highly suspect you will see a clean knockout of your candidate in the third round. I guess it just goes to prove that, regardless of what Bush said, you can indeed "get fooled again."

F&S for the OP!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

Fox News is in overdrive this morning trying to do damage control for Romney.

Full damage control in effect all over Right Wing World.

Too bad for Fox News that one of their hosts (Bret Baire?) spilled the beans after the debate last night when he appropriately declared Obama the winner. I wonder....will he lose his job over it? I wouldn't doubt it.

I will say though, it is entertaining watching Fox News trying to put the S*** back in the horse.
edit on 17-10-2012 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

I saw at least three of their hosts declare Obama the clear winner.

How funny that their tone has changed today, a memo must have went out.

They had no script last night, they stated their honest opinions and that was that Obama won that debate. This morning, they have their script, and it is that the Moderator was mean to Romney.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Do people understand that the debate was a tie.That is why everyone is at each others throats to try and spin it there way.Neither Romney nor Obama did bad last night.Obama has to be very aggresive last night or it would have been over.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

reply to post by macman

That a boy, blame the moderator.

I guess you and Romney and the Right Wing have a hard time taking responsibility or having someone take responsibility for their failures.

Ironic, isn't it.

No, I blame 0bama, the Moderator and all the 0bama fanboys for not seeing the truth of what it was.

Romney still did better then 0bama.

That was like a boxing match where the opponent and referee get to hit you.

0bama looked like a stammering clown, with the only saves for him coming from Mr. Crowley.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
So let me get this right, the Republicans jump up and down about Romney winning the last one, and now it's clear that Obama won this one they balk at the idea and refuse to accept that their man failed? What a shock!

First, both these guys are fakes and phoney's they will tell people whatever they want to hear. They are self-serving and couldn't give a damn about the American people. They BOTH only care about being in the history books and lining their own pockets while they're here.

But, given that you have to choose between these men, are you going to to choose the man who just repeats "we will fix things" and can't explain how, or are you going to vote for the man who explains how he plans to keep things stable?

Let's get something else clear - America is in $16 trillion of debt. Neither of these men will make that go away. The best you can hope for is the person you electing keeping things together while the economy collapses. That is the BEST you can hope for!

Which of these men is more likely to do that?

There are too many idiots in America who don't understand basic English, and think a guy saying something often enough makes it true. Romney HAS NOT SAID HOW HE WILL DO WHAT HE SAYS HE WILL DO!

Grow up people, this is probably the most important election the US has ever had, and it looks like you're throwing it away based on the nonsense ramblings of a man who can't tell you how he plans to fix anything!

In a way I hope you guys do elect this 'tard. It'll serve you right. Maybe it will force some to actually learn how to COMPREHEND English and understand the difference between someone repeating meaningless BS and someone actually explaining how he will do something?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I'm a conservative person and prefer Romney but Obama did good last night and so did Romney.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

No, I blame 0bama, the Moderator and all the 0bama fanboys for not seeing the truth of what it was.

Romney still did better then 0bama.

That was like a boxing match where the opponent and referee get to hit you.

0bama looked like a stammering clown, with the only saves for him coming from Mr. Crowley.

Yeah, ain't it a bitch when the moderator has to step in and stop a candidate from telling bald faced lies during a debate? I hate it when that happens.

Oh yeah, I know how much you republicans like to ignore women and their needs and all, but don't you think you're going a little overboard calling Candy Crowley, Mr. Crowley? You do realize that she is a woman, don't you? And a ball-busting one at that!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Directly AFTER the debate, the MAJORITY of members in Focus groups of UNDECIDED voters on MSNBC, CBS and FOX...ALL said they were now going to vote for Romney.

THIS election is ALL about the ECONOMY...and ROMNEY WON...hands down!
Case closed.

MSNBC's Undecided Voter Panel Swayed by Romney

www.weeklystandard.com...

October 17, 2012 CBS Poll: Romney Wins 65-34 on Economy; CNN Poll: Romney Wins 54-40 on Economy, 49-46 on Health Care, 51-44 on Taxes, 59-36 on Deficit, 49-46 on Leadership, All in Favor of Romney

ace.mu.nu...
edit on 17-10-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Oh yeah, I know how much you republicans like to ignore women and their needs and all, but don't you think you're going a little overboard calling Candy Crowley, Mr. Crowley? You do realize that she is a woman, don't you? And a ball-busting one at that!

It's a right wing thing.

They like to call strong intelligent women "men". They do it with Maddow as well.

They expect all women to look like Fox News anchors, blonde and busty, and know their place. It's all very 1950s, which is exactly why they refer to that as the good ol days and when America was great.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
Directly AFTER the debate, the MAJORITY of members in Focus groups of UNDECIDED voters on MSNBC, CNN and FOX...ALL said they were now going to vote for Romney.
Case closed.

Sure.

Now close your eyes and plug your ears and scream "LA LA LA LA LA" so that reality doesn't damage your fantasy.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Obama ran like a criminal from the Fast and Furious question. He has no explanation for the Lybia scandal.
Senator Obama was a part of the problem before he was PresidentObama.
Romney 2 Obama 0

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I have never voted and probably never will because in the end my vote does not matter and I always see the candidates as choosing between the lesser evil.

I support neither party but I like to watch and I got to say the thing that had me fuming most was Romney pretty much BLAMING single parents for being poor and their children being criminals!!!!!!

Oh and IMO Romney wasn't a winner last night but I don't think Obama did much for his case either.
edit on 10/17/2012 by ashtonhz8907 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by thetiler

The 5 links to newspaper columnist's asserting "Obama won the debate" represent nothing more than 5 individuals locked into the present political paradigm, expressing their individual opinions on a meaningless "debate" full of scripted and rehearsed answers to expected questions allowed by a moderator who is also locked into the present insane political 2 party system. The opinions of those 5 columnists in the links provided mean as little, as the average Fox news pundit who is touting his man (Romney) as being the winner.

Only once we stop listening to these idiot pundits and begin to think for ourselves, will we be able to break free of this Sport, we call politics.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Lots of BS you are pitching. Let's take it apart.

Originally posted by Flatfish

Yeah, ain't it a bitch when the moderator has to step in and stop a candidate from telling bald faced lies during a debate? I hate it when that happens.

If that was the case, then it would have happened to both, by your logic. Unless you believe his highness walks on water.
Both sides are claiming the other lied. SO.....Knowing that 0bama is a narcissist, and a perpetual liar like Bill Clinton, it is safe to say 0bama pitching more untruths then Romney.
But, the rules were clear as to how Manly Crowley was supposed to moderate.
The life lines to 0bama were a clear sign of his struggling to interact with Romney.
In a very simple statement, it took 0bama getting help from the Ref to be declared a winner.

Oh yeah, I know how much you republicans like to ignore women and their needs and all,

First, as stated many times before, I am not a republican.
Secondly, what needs? Like Govt paid birth control??? I guess telling woman to purchase their own birth control is just too much, or close their legs.
What a joke.

but don't you think you're going a little overboard calling Candy Crowley, Mr. Crowley?

Nope, not one bit. Thanks for playing.

You do realize that she is a woman, don't you?

That is highly questionable.

And a ball-busting one at that!

Ball busting because she sided with 0bama?
Good hell. The bias there was SO transparent.

edit on 17-10-2012 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

It's a right wing thing.

They like to call strong intelligent women "men". They do it with Maddow as well.

No, just the ones that look like men...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashtonhz8907

I support neither party but I like to watch and I got to say the thing that had me fuming most was Romney pretty much blaming single parents for being poor and their children being criminals!!!!!!

And this is precisely why you should vote! Regardless of how little you think your vote counts in the bigger scheme of things, to not vote only allows those who do, the power to ruin your life. Your silence is part of their overall strategy, as they have clearly demonstrated via all the recent voter suppression initiatives being orchestrated in states with GOP controlled legislatures. Just remember this; All it takes for a bad people to succeed is for good people to remain silent.

It's your vote and you have the right to remain silent, but IMO, not voting is probably the most unproductive thing you could do. Not only for yourself, but more importantly for your nation as a whole.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join