It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama smashed Romney in the 2nd Debate

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I realize what everyone's saying about the false left/right paradigm, but at the same time the 90's weren't so bad and a return to Clinton era policies, instead of those of George W. Bush, might represent the better course for the country. It's not all fluff, there is a difference, a difference you can feel. Obama knows he and the nation can do better, now that you're starting to climb out of a rather deep hole. Like Clinton said, you WILL begin to feel it eventually, the come-back of the USA. It's possible.

Edt: Or you can just go ahead and hand over whatever's left to the crony-cappitalists born of nothing but an irrational anti-Obama sentiment.

He could be better, and we all learn from our mistakes. I don't think now's the time to throw in the towel and go back to Bush Jr. 2.0 imho, but then again I'm not even an American citizen (praise the Lord) so I won't be voting in this election.

edit on 17-10-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Can anyone explain to me how mitt romney won this? I mean how in the hell? I would rather keep the guy we got if hes going to go and screw us royally than we already are. Just saying something with more reasoning. I hope hahaha

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DOUGH3914

I just don't think that they (the Condi Rice type people) ought to be put back at the helm of a ship they themselves all but marooned on the shoals of destruction.

If I was an American, given the lay of the land, I'd not only be voting for Obama, but actively campaigning, if only to prevent Bush Jr. 2.0 on steroids from getting in along with the same crazy people and a whole lot more in the form of the big corporate crony-capitalists.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I'd say Obama won the debate, but that he didn't smash Romney. More than anything else, Romney was his own worst enemy, to wit: his total ineptitude in discussing the Benghazi attack and the President's words on the subject.

In addition, I noticed Obama avoiding directly answering questions almost as often as Romney did. But that doesn't seem to be an issue in debates these days, so I guess that didn't hurt him. But yeah, Obama didn't keep his head down most of the time, and he smiled and called out Romney on his mendacity, so yes, Obama won.

Liberals, progressives and Democrats were truthful and objective enough to acknowledge that Obama lost the first debate, will right-wingers, conservatives and Teabagger be as frank in acknowledging Romney lost this second debate? Survey says: No. But let's see...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by solidguy
After watching this debate live, and reviewing it, Mitt Romney was the clear winner in this debate.

Oh yeah, clearly. Particularly when he accused Obama of not calling the Benghazi attack a terrorist act until 14 days later, even though Obama said this the next day. Both Obama and the moderator explained this fact to Romney; he was handed his head on a platter in that segment, and that should have been where he could have had the most traction.

And saying he had "binders of women", that was a good one, too. In point of fact a bipartisan commission provided him the resumes/CV's of women as possible cabinet members and such; it wasn't that Romney pro-actively was putting women into his administration.

On most other issues/questions Romney also lost, in particular his specious claims about his plans for the Detroit auto companies were the same as Obama's and Congress's. This was an outright lie.

But hey, stay inside your right-wing media bubble and enjoy the gas within.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
never mind...to partisan even more my liberal tastes. I'm not that crazy to buy into all the endless hyperbole and extreme partisanship.

sorry. carry on my American friends, carry on.

edit on 17-10-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I think Romney backed off to early on some topics AKA Lybia scandal.
When green energy was brought up I thought he should have brought up Solyndra, And ABC 123 that went bankrupt after receiving money from Obama et al.....
When talking about taxes he should have mentioned the burden on the tax payer that Obama and family has put on us with his Multi-million dollar dates, Michies Spain and Africa trips...
When asked about education he should Have asked Obama "What are you hiding in your college transcripts?"
When Obama brought up the military in the 47% Romney should have interjected about Obama wanting the Armed forces Personnel to pay for their own insurance instead of having the VA.
In fact Romney should have asked the POTUS if he was suffering from tunnel vision from having his head up his rectum.( This was to show how this show was scripted, if they were really going after each other the rhetoric would have been more severe.)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive

Originally posted by solidguy
After watching this debate live, and reviewing it, Mitt Romney was the clear winner in this debate.

Oh yeah, clearly. Particularly when he accused Obama of not calling the Benghazi attack a terrorist act until 14 days later, even though Obama said this the next day. Both Obama and the moderator explained this fact to Romney; he was handed his head on a platter in that segment, and that should have been where he could have had the most traction.

And saying he had "binders of women", that was a good one, too. In point of fact a bipartisan commission provided him the resumes/CV's of women as possible cabinet members and such; it wasn't that Romney pro-actively was putting women into his administration.

On most other issues/questions Romney also lost, in particular his specious claims about his plans for the Detroit auto companies were the same as Obama's and Congress's. This was an outright lie.

But hey, stay inside your right-wing media bubble and enjoy the gas within.

Sorry but you need fact check........You are wrong about Lybia even the bought off Moderator said so.........
edit on 17-10-2012 by hanyak69 because: Forgot my 2 cents worth.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
There was no smashing of Romney in the debate. He held his ground in hostile territory. Post-CNN polls (yeah CNN not Fox) shows that although Obama won the overall performance, Romney beat him on the important issues.
So that is saying, "Yeah Obama had the better performance, but Romney had the better answers."

Economy: Romney wins 58-40%

Health care: Romney wins 49-46%.

Taxes: Romney wins 51-44%.

Deficit: Romney wins 49-36%.

Strong leader: Romney wins 49-46%.

The worst news is that 25% of voters switched their vote to Romney and 25% wen to Obama.

In other words, Obama didn't move the ball, which is what he needed to do.

Post-Debate CNN Poll: Romney Buries Obama on Economy

Romney beat Obama on healthcare? That has to be the biggest kick in the teeth for the Dems, as that is the swan song of this administration.

edit on 17-10-2012 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
The liberal desperation reeks on this site as well I see.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious
Romney's a retard. He wasn't any good in the first debate. It was just that Obama seemed like he'd been smoking gunja beforehand.

There's really only one choice for non brain dead Americans next month...

Well that probably rules you out then?
jk couldn't resist.

Obama's excuse was that he wasn't accustomed to the high altitude in Denver. But maybe you are on to something, he wasn't used to being high in Denver?
(also jk couldn't resist)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Another 4 years of Obama will put us sooooo deep in it, that America will never be able to dig it's way out!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
The liberal desperation reeks on this site as well I see.
I couldn't agree more! It's weird what happens when people get scared. If the "savior" goes, it will be the end of the world as we know it!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

He also Lied alot, even more that he did in his last campaign...lol

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Americans will continue to buy this crap every 4 years.

Remember, both candidates support NDAA, that alone should have them impeached immediately from office, but guess what, it's corrupt as the catholic church and unless you elect a strict conservative like Ron Paul, the corruption won't be purged.

Republicans and Democrats are on the same stage, being pulling the same strings. Romeny and Obama are being caressed by the same puppet master.

Obama needs to be impeached immediately from office if he is re elected, of course it won't probably happen, but he is committing high treason. He's screwing over every person in this country, and everybody loves him.

Obama=
Extended the Patriot Act
NDAA
NDRP
Killed an American citizen in Yemen using UAV drones.

Anyway both candidates are the same, your vote doesn't matter, and I hope you enjoy the Consumer Plantation a little longer. /end rant

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I had a hard time listening to the debate on the radio, as I was on the road and travelling throughout. However, I did get to hear a good bit of it. And I'm glad that there are a few people on this site who are more willing to listen critically than to simply and blindly accept what they hear as if they're rooting for a sports team.

That being said, my own take on it (I'm a Democrat) is that Obama brought his A-game, but they shut each other down. Crowley gets the award for biggest douche in the debates thus far. Really, regardless of the candidate for whom one roots, the moderator is not supposed to be part of the discussion other than to cut long-winded candidates off (Obama) or to prod for further exposition.

I do think, however, that Romney connected best with a questioner when he asked for follow-up information from the student. Remember, they both had a job to do: Romney had to not alienate his base (and he didn't), and Obama had to prove that his anus had shrunk after the previous reaming (he did).

In the end, this debate will be pointless. Obama didn't show up to be beaten, and Romney didn't feed any new anti-Romney sound-bites (other than the 'binders full of women' meme, and that can't really be counted, as it's not really deprecating, eh?).

Sure, lots of folks will disagree with me, but I don't care. I view these things from a distance for a reason: I don't trust either of them farther than I can throw them, and I doubt I could lift either one.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
Yes Obama won the debate last night hands down in my opinion.....

Just like I and many other posters said he would immediately after the first debate. These debates are scripted and everything we are seeing is just for show. That being said, I seriously think Mitt may just win this election. Watching the coverage after the debate on MSNBC who always shills for the Democrat, they were pimping Romney left and right. It made me sick. This whole process makes me sick. It is all a sham.

You cant possibly mean the 2nd debate? They were so giddy (and clearly relieved) over at MSNBC with the Presidents performance, they did everything but get up and dance. The Prez obviously took time to prepare, and he came through for his supporters. The format was audience members asking questions, clearly NOT scripted and the moderator, Ms. Crowley, kept decent control, much to the dismay of the "Republican" pundits.

And it was a well deserved response. The Prez did not let the Rombot bully and get away with the crap he did last time, the Prez won most of the questions/topics with style and substance, and delivered two knock down, teeth shattering blows to his opponent. (I won't spoil the details, go watch.) Unlike the first debate, all the republicans couldn't get out of the place fast enough when the debate ended. I think it was Matthews who said the Rombot was already taking off in his plane when the Prez was still gloating on stage, smiling and chatting, clearly relaxed and confident.

Also..and this just cacks me up..
EVEN THE FOX POLL HAS OBAMA WINNING, edging the Rombot 66.49% to 33.51% (!!)

seriously, check it out, they can't spin that LMAO:

foxnewsinsider.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Take that Republicans

Congrats for buying into the two party scheme.
Looks like they got you too...

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join