It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama smashed Romney in the 2nd Debate

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
After watching this debate live, and reviewing it, Mitt Romney was the clear winner in this debate.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I like how Obama was like "I find that offensive" then took on this stance like he wanted to fight.

haha

I still dont see how Obama won this event- he was on defense the entire time.

I would still like to see some facts as to how Obama won this debate?
I still think you all are basing it off of his last horrible performance in which I heard not a peep about from anyone.

Now he does a little better and all of the sudden its "Obama smashes Romney". haha

I have no allegiance with any of these candidates because I am not voting this year. The REAL person for the job got the shaft by the GOP so I am still quite upset about it to the point where I feel that BOTH of these parties
are creating nothing and enforcing everything,

Romney is not getting my vote-simply because of the Gop Shenanigans.

Obama is DEFINATELY NEVER going to get my vote- His record speaks for itself. Nothing he will say can change what he has done to this country over the last 4 years, then claiming this country is doing better and that he deserves another 4 years.
-Just more rhetoric on the mic to appease the masses.

Sorry- but I didnt believe in his lies in 2008- and I still dont.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by solidguy
After watching this debate live, and reviewing it, Mitt Romney was the clear winner in this debate.

ahh...did your tv fall and bump your head.

"clear"...tut tut

your better off blaming the moderator...or better yet, the cameraman for capturing obamas smile

lol
edit on 17-10-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Jesus lord. Do any of you have any humility? Everyone is so self-righteous in their views. Here are the three posters in this topic:

"Obama killed it, wow take that Romney and stupid Repubs!"

"Romney was obviously the winner, stupid Dems!"

"Doesn't matter which side wins, they are all puppets
"

You're all that convinced in your views? None of you can concede any points? Give me a #ing break. No matter what either of these two do all of you will keep singing the same song. Be honest with yourselves, remove some bias. Take your glasses off. No, I don't mean that in a "see it for what it all is" left-right paradigm free-thinking libertarian wank-fest; I mean it in a PRACTICE SOME OBJECTIVITY kind of way. And all those people who say it "doesn't matter" and it's "all staged" go back to the NWO board, a topic about arguments used in the debate has no room for self-pleasuring egocentric views on fringe concepts and theories - every topic discussing the presidency isn't your #ing pedestal to spew your whiny bull#.

Okay wow, that turned into more of a rant. I had an original post in mind, but when I scrolled through the topic I got more and more annoyed.

What I meant to say is that I wouldn't exactly say Obama DESTROYED Romney. I would definitely say he seriously stepped up after his last debate. I think Obama made real progress when he gave that final speech on Romney's 47% comment (which I believe will ultimately cost him the race.) I feel like some non-issues were discussed and Candy did lean toward him a bit. Romney made a good argument for Benghazi and made Obama stumble with the mention of fast and furious, Obama then reverted to some more "hope" rhetoric in response. Either way, it was a charged debate and I really loved it. I think the concept of letting undecided voters ask questions is stupid, and I frown that most were about social issues (which I don't particularly care about.)

IMO:

Romney: 1
Obama: 1

Last debate decides the winner.

btw, did anyone notice some of the polls sprung for Romney after the debate? Why is that?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I got a different impression. Obama had 8% more talking time, and he spent most of the debate with attacks instead of talking about the future and what this country needs. Not to mention Romney was cut off about 26 times (I don't remember the exact number but it was near that) while Obama only was cut off 9 times.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
We, the people, are the losers. I resent having vote against a candidate. I'd really like to have a candidate that I can vote for - rather than settling for the lesser of two evils.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by StreetGlide

They stripped that right away from us when the GOP forced out Ron Paul.

Now we are left with Bert and Ernie.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Obama smashed Romney?????

Thats why some people are calling it a tie....or saying Obama barely won...

Remember when Romney destroyed obama so bad that EVERYONE and their mother claimed Romney smashed him? thats a smashing....when the other side concedes and agrees their man got creamed.

Not everyone agrees that obama even won.

You obviously are a Obama fan.....keep dreaming that Obama SMASHED him. You are the first person to tell me that, and I live in southern california, a hot bed of bisexual ass hippy commy leftist obama loving freaks. Your post is the FIRST I heard of Obama smashing Romney.....

Biased much?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Obama 2012!

Romney came off as 17 year old arguing with his parents about how he knows everything, and will interrupt over and over and repeat the same things over and over to get the last word.

All while selling us like an informercial with the transparent fake emotional delivery.

Is that who we want representing us to other nations? One that will interrupt in a meeting with another foreign leader, and then when thing's get testy, just turn red in the face and talk over everyone in the room?

Or do we want someone who keeps their cool, LISTENS, and then responds intelligently. As Obama did on Tuesday night, he was stern with Romney this time, and took the gloves off a little more this time. I could see a realness in Obama's eyes on how shocked he was at Romney's negative and desperate energy. I'm happy that we have at least one candidate that doesn't have a fake mask on.

Obama was tired and bored the first night.
Obama was then PISSED, and PATIENT, and FOCUSED the second night. (at least he has true emotional range!)

Romney is "Smile Bot" that is eagerly spitting venom 24/7, say's evil things with a overly nice tone in his voice, and a huge colgate smile, and perfectly died, trimmed, moussed hair...with a fake tan. His frame is SO NICE that we don't even notice that the canvas is blank. THE EXACT thing the Republicans accuse Obama of being...a celeb type groomed candidate/genius public speaker. That is all Romney is....his message is weak. Forget 47%, no new taxes for the rich, new wars (I.E. larger defense budget and "tough" on China, Iran, and Russia) maybe WW3?

No thanks A Hole.

OBAMA 2012.

I hope in 2016 an even REALER candidate can come along. Obama has opened the door....

edit on 17-10-2012 by JRockABM because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Does it really matter if your republican or democrat any more. You people yell back and forth and vote for the same corrupt lying politicians decade after decade expecting different results all the while the country is steady going down the toilet. I'm sick and tired of having to settle for the lesser of two evils and when a politician stands up and finally starts telling you the truth you run him off, laugh and call him insane. It makes me so sad to see so many people brainwashed by this left/right crap that they will not stop to see whats really going on around them.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Obama lost. Get used to it. He will lose the election. He had his four years and they are four years of shame.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Watched both debates, and Obama won this one, but not by the same margin that Romney did on the first one. I've said in past posts I was going to vote Libertarian, and I still might. If I weren't in a deeply red state, I could probably hold my nose and vote for Romney after these two debates.

I still think the Libertarians have missed a once in a generation opportunity at relevance by nominating a failed GOPer for the second consecutive election cycle. Gary Johnson really doesn't do much for me but I may vote for him because just maybe there are enough people willing to vote 3rd party to get that 5% for matching funds in the next cycle.

Then there is part of me that thinks Obama should win because he deserves blame or credit for what is going to happen in the next four years. If the economy collapses, as I think is probable over the next four years, he deserves the blame. Conversely, if by some near miracle we get a real recovery (not a fake one like we have now) he probably deserves the credit for that. Though I really don't see the latter happening without some major disruptive technology at least on par with the historical impact of the cotton gin if not the printing press, internal combustion engine, or internet

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
These 2 are nothing more than highly trained and conditioned actors. They down played Obama in the 1st debate just to rile you up for the 2nd one.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Well done america? You must have missed the "great agreement" leaked prior to the great debate. Both candidates do what they can to exclude other candidates subverting democracy by limiting what people see. Candidates shouldn't have such power. Romney had the gop change the rules for next election giving them even nmore. Nothing about this production should make anyone feel goof about America. Thr opposite actually.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Atom12

He's not going to lose. He was never going to lose that's why he did so poorly in the first debate. Now he gets to be comeback kid. Plus more dems are voting because they had their "uh oh" moment after the first debate.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by waltdisney

Exactly! Thank god someone else gets it.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Which is better? Big Bird, for the kids, or, an additional two trillion in military-industrial establishment spending and the conscription of Latino immigrants for cannon fodder?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The real loser in the debate last night was the American People. They had to sit through two liars telling tall tales. If the winner was the one who told the biggest lies I would have to hand it to Obama.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Obama didn't have to say a damn thing. Romney defeated himself. He's doomed.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItCameFromOuterSpace
reply to post by xuenchen

Obama didn't have to say a damn thing. Romney defeated himself. He's doomed.

Trouble is .... Obama DID open his mouth.

He gaffed the Libya thing.

And the economy is what most voters are looking at anyway.

Obama could not defend his own policies.....hence the deflections and usual diversions.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join