It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama smashed Romney in the 2nd Debate

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
L
L

what a steaming pile of BS

the only winners here are TCOTBIP
and the entirety of the u.s. the losers.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbread

Except for one thing. Obama did not declare it an act of terror in the Rose Garden. I heard the clip already since the debate and Obama says this:

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.

www.washingtonpost.com... -39408fbe6a4b_blog.html
So while he does mention terror, he does not expressly call the attack on Benghazi a terrorist attack. This is how slick talkers get away with half truths.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Another pitcher of Kool-Aid for my friend here!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Creating a thread that says "Obama smashed Romney in the 2nd debate" doesn't make it true.

the title of the post should read ...

..........."RECHARGED OBAMA CLONE SMASHES REPTILLIAN CONSTRUCT ROMNEY"

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
lots of conformists on this thread

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Insurrection

Candy Crowley smashed Romney in the 2nd Debate

Fixed that for you, -Mags

Oh you mean when she didn't let him get away with lying?

yeah... that would be Romney beating Romney! LOL

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Except for one thing. Obama did not declare it an act of terror in the Rose Garden. I heard the clip already since the debate and Obama says this:

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.

So while he does mention terror, he does not expressly call the attack on Benghazi a terrorist attack. This is how slick talkers get away with half truths.

he did... what else was he talking about? Really are is your filter that obtuse?

LOLOLOL

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Tell me- What did Obama say that made him win?

Did he promise unicorns?

Did he say he was going to legalize orgies for all?

Did he say Mitt Romney has a bad haircut?

What did he say that makes you all think anyone smashed anyone?

Is it cause Obama looked so bad last time that just the very presense of one logical response from him was enough to win people back over?

UFOs?

I heard one part of the debate on rerun when I got home- and I remember hearing Obama say something along the lines of "americas currency is doing better because of me"....when they were talking about China cheating.

..I almost died.

That dude is a liar- always will be- what makes him different now then yesterday?

im curious.. When Romney won the first debate, what did he say in that debate that won him the debate? was it one phrase? one mention of a unicorn? You are asking those that called this debate for Obama to validate the winning with excerpts from the debate that helped him.. im curious if you could list the same in reverse for Romney?

Just asking for same treatment. No double standard.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamLuv

Did he promise unicorns?

Is it cause Obama looked so bad last time that just the very presense of one logical response from him was enough to win people back over?

UFOs?

I heard one part of the debate on rerun when I got home- and I remember hearing Obama say something along the lines of "americas currency is doing better because of me"....when they were talking about China cheating.

..I almost died.

That dude is a liar- always will be- what makes him different now then yesterday?

im curious.. When Romney won the first debate, what did he say in that debate that won him the debate? was it one phrase? one mention of a unicorn? You are asking those that called this debate for Obama to validate the winning with excerpts from the debate that helped him.. im curious if you could list the same in reverse for Romney?

and listening to one sound byte and then trying to come and defend your point of view, as if you have actually listened/watched the debate is embarassing. How can you even argue a point you didnt experience? How can you think thats unbiased?

At one point Romney was asked about his stance on assault weapons.. And he responded with something about single family homes causing upticks in violence.. See, when you watch the whole debate.. (not just a sound byte handed to you by fox) you will see they are both BSing their way through this thing.

Thanks for your partisan opinion based on the one sound byte you heard from the debate.. way to collect the facts and make an intelligent decision.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
To the OP.It's nice that so many of you are buying into this crap.I look forward to reading your posts when you realize that neither of the puppets who you supposedly voted does nothing that they promised to do.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
My take, that no one asked for:

Obama woke up and did much better (couldn't have done worse than the first one).

Obama said nothing new, just trotted out the same distortions that Romney put down before.

Obama did not appear presidential; too emotional. Lied often, but not originally.

Romney got in a lot of new stuff (clarity on the oil growth, for example).

Romney much more effective on Obama's failures that Obama was on his successes.

Romney nailed him on his ability to balance a budget and Obama's inability to even define one.

Romney much more presidential.

Both interrupted way too much, but what were either supposed to do when the last word was a distortion of the truth on either side?

To be fair, I would NEVER vote for Obama. But until these debates, I wasn't going to vote for Romney either. Had Paul run, I would have voted for him; I was really reluctantly going to vote for Johnson.

I'm considered an "un-decided" but now I'm un-decided on whether I'm un-decided anymore.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Oh puuuleeeease

WTF do you think he was talking about?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Did he promise unicorns?

UFOs?

..I almost died.

and listening to one sound byte and then trying to come and defend your point of view, as if you have actually listened/watched the debate is embarassing. How can you even argue a point you didnt experience? How can you think thats unbiased?

At one point Romney was asked about his stance on assault weapons.. And he responded with something about single family homes causing upticks in violence.. See, when you watch the whole debate.. (not just a sound byte handed to you by fox) you will see they are both BSing their way through this thing.

Thanks for your partisan opinion based on the one sound byte you heard from the debate.. way to collect the facts and make an intelligent decision.

I did watch the debate.

I am not a republican. Just cause Im against Obama doesnt mean I am right wing.

Romney was asked about Assault weapons- He then says "Look at fast and furious...we still wont have answers about why"...And Obama totally IGNORED that, he would not answer.

Corruption.

And I dont watch fox news. Keep putting your foot in your mouth.

Edit- "currecy has went up 11 percent"-Obama

I wonder what it is that he has been smoking?
edit on 17-10-2012 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I and other posters called it. The first lackluster performance was intentional. It was to temporarily tighten the race to ensure dems that considered the election in the bag would get out and vote. It would be hard to give obama a second term if a lot of dems stayed home. As soon as the debate was done (the first one) many of us explained that and that he would do well in the next one and in the final debates he would look like a pro and completely own Romney. I mean the need it to be close to keep up the illusion of a choice being made.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
As someone who cares for neither man, my impression was Obama absolutely destroyed Mitt and Mitt at times came off as a giant douche for trying to beat down the moderator again, and addressing the President in a highly disrespectful way many times.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by daaskapital
To all those stating that i am biased and a Democrat, i will tell you something.
I'm not American

I'm neither Democrat or Republican, but i do support Obama in this race.
Watching the debate, i will say that both performed strong, but Obama took the victory, and smashed Romney on nearly all of the questions.
I do love the double standards of ATS'ers though. Most of you despise rich businessmen, simply because they are wealthy and have power, but when it comes to Romney, you all bow down to him as if he is your overlord.

How much do you know about how things(media, laws, election tactics etc etc) work in US if you're australian?

Our media and laws are extremely similar.

As for election tactics etc, It is similar in Australia, but we don't go through the whole whittling down process. We only have the option of voting in either the Prime Minister or the leader of the opposition. Both of which are of UK origin right now

But yes, i know equally as much about the US stuff

edit on 17-10-2012 by daaskapital because: sp/eta

That might be the case where certain things are similar (which if you think ideally, it can be related to any country). But there are a lot of difference in the process between state and federal government.

LINK

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

No, this is how cry babies try to use semantics to say Romney was right.

I mean, are you kidding me. He said "acts of terror" but didn't say "terrorist attack", that has to be the lamest excuse I have heard so far.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

yeaaaay...O to the B did well

BTW - i noticed that romney was the same person in both debates
but we saw to contrasting obamas....one passive and one aggressive....

he fought his corner and repped his camp

great debates....and well done america

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

smashed? if you mean that with a biased moderator shutting down his opponent whenever he got on the ropes, while mouthing scripted responses to prescreened questions, was only able to narrowly squeak by

it doesn't matter which one won the debate, they're both bought out elite endorsed candidates. and no matter who wins the election, there will be no change in core policies.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Did he promise unicorns?

UFOs?

..I almost died.

You're missing the point. You're viewing what he said as a liberal versus conservative statement. Instead, he merely asked that you provide something to back up what you are saying. Just because the original poster happened to be liberal doesn't make it an attack on liberals. Instead, it's an objective challenge. If you're going to make a statement, back it up. Don't make just make a statement. As such, it is not a double standard. He was asking the OP to back it up, not just make the statement.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join