It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone flip-flop on Candidates yet?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I like Mitt Romney. (There, I said it.) Me being Canadian makes my opinion basically worthless but I hope this thread will help some of my American friends take the first step.. and admitting

After 2 debates (even tho I think 2nd debate was a "tie"), Mitt Romney is the man for the job.

Why?

1. He's going to call China out on Manipulating their money.
2. He's a matter-of-fact business man.
3. He's going to kick start the Key-Stone pipeline. (Which OBama may do if he wins)
4. Back in the day, someone who worked at Bain had their daughter missing. He shut down all of his offices and made everyone look for this girl and make signs for days. They finally found her. (means a lot to me, being a father of a young daughter).

There is A LOT to dislike about Mitt (There are plenty of threads out there for that) but same with Obama.

I understand supporting Gary Johnson is very important to split the vote and say to America "hey listen... we're here!".
Yet, you must face that he have support this year. Have to wait for all these baby boomers to die off before Independent will ever have a chance (Truth).

Any one else want to step forward?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Nope. They are both tools.
You may come back with, "You've got to choose one of the 2 otherwise you are just throwing your vote away."
It's like choosing between Hitler and Stalin.
I choose neither.

edit on 17-10-2012 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Not unless I win the lottery; if I do, I'll immediately switch to Romney.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Yeah I went from Ron Paul to Gary Johnson.

Why not just race rubber duckies down the storm sewer drain to pick your candidate? You really only get two choices and they both weren't picked by you.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

I dislike Mitt Romney, he's like the boss who smiles and then lays off 1,000 people before
going to his cocktail mixer.

America is not going to get better try to give even more benefit to the Billionaires

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I support Romney too. I agree with the OP about his qualities, but nowadays it seems like more conservative people don't get much support.

About his mistakes and other problems, there's not one politician who is completely clean, including independents.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
America has a choice between...

OPTION A - A snake oil salesman who'll say anything , because he is in a hurry to become President. And he offers... Unprincipled Government by random walk, stumbling into any and every disaster, including war.

OPTION B - Some angry black guy off the street, who lost the plot a few years ago, but was getting it wrong anyway and won't take criticism nor change. And he offers 4 more years of getting it wrong and accelerating decline until emigrating to Greece looks like a great option..

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I assure you that Romney is the best President that money can buy.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I like Mitt...only because I grew up in Calgary.See how easy the influence is
...On the other hand,I have never voted here either so my opinion is truly on a whim....

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by campanionator

I dislike Mitt Romney, he's like the boss who smiles and then lays off 1,000 people before
going to his cocktail mixer.

America is not going to get better try to give even more benefit to the Billionaires

Are you saying the president isn't the boss? Are you saying that the job of the president is to be the nice friendly face of the company? Someone has to take the blame, might as well find the prettiest, smoothest talking and most charasmatic man to do that job!

I would love to see Romney take some talking points of independents. Some people need to get fired. We don't need this huge government. You can get your own coffee, you don't need an aide for that.

Yes, it's that bad.

Holy cow I think you're on to something here!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

Nope. They are both tools.
You may come back with, "You've got to choose one of the 2 otherwise you are just throwing your vote away."
It's like choosing between Hitler and Stalin.
I choose neither.

I agree with the first part.

The rest is rather extreme......

They are not Hitler or Stalin.

They are just tools. Media heads. Puppets.

Some people understand this intellectually. Even few really let it sink in.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by georgemoseleylander

OPTION B - Some angry black guy off the street

Never-minding the race part, what do you mean "off the street"

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Hey Jim, I mean John, nobody wants your snarky comments here

It's all a crap shoot.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I see no difference.

Why don't you?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Well I voted Bush, then Obama. Im only twenty six so this is the third time I can vote.
The debates have helped show character. Romney won the first, Biden won the vp, Obama won this one.
Im a left leaning independant, who has some libetarian/conserative views... Im a political agnostic if you will.
Part of me wants to have faith in Obama as he truely seems to care about the country.

However I plan to start a business of my own in 3 months and Romney seems more business friendly. I however dont want another war so if he can promise no war.....i maybe swayed. Im not holding my breath but the next debate is on foriegn policy, and as someone who has been in and has friends in the military this matters alot.
More so than economics, as the presidents has more military control than economic.

Ill be awaiting the next one, ill get back to you Cal when I make up my mind.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
what do you mean "off the street"

Ever see a million dollar community organizer , who occasionally met with radicals, and is President?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Anyways...

Sorry I am not part of the political game and the rhetoric.

Someone that is college educated and has a career isn't "off the streets" in my crazy hippy liberal view.

Seriously you're defending that comment? Meh....

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I agree with the first part. The rest is rather extreme...... They are not Hitler or Stalin.

I know, I was being a bit dramatic to make the point that we've got the choice between one person that sucks and another person that sucks more.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Hey, another Canadian here, even tho my interest is just my interest and not going to affect the States, but i lean more toward Obama.

Mainly because to prevent another war and fudge up our NA economy more.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Yep I flipped from Ron Paul to Gary Johnson. I will be standing up this year and saying 'NO MORE' and this seems the only real way to do it and it be measured so the other parties can see how much they have screwed the pooch

top topics

<<   2 >>

join